Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

clowe1243

6.2L Pulsar LT Weirdness

Recommended Posts

So installed the pulsar LT on my 19 6.2L 10 Speed and I'm either confused or happy.  Adjusted the tire size to get the speedometer corrected.  Still a bit off from GPS, but not by much.  Original tires were 275/50/R22 which translates to 32.83 inches, now running 37 inch tires.  Only about 1 or 2 mphs off throughout the entire range, which I believe is acceptable.

 

Secondly decided to disable DFM out of curiosity more than anything.  Some things I noticed:

  • I have an AFE cat back exhaust:
    • The Suburu drone is gone!
  • When configuring:
    • Electronic step rails went crazy
      • In/Out randomly and including full extension (for bed access assistance)
      • Went away after starting vehicle.
  • The MPG is reporting better than with DFM enabled:
    • Like 5 MPG better in the 50 mile sample.
      • Going to need to get a full tank and take the mileage to verify on paper.

 

Anybody else get better MPG with DFM disabled?  Or is it lying to me?

 

EDIT: MPG has normalized.  Getting 11-13 mpg local, 15-18 mpg highway.

Edited by clowe1243
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using the Pulsar for about a month now and I'm loving it. I'm seeing about a 1.5 mpg loss but I'm also working through some issues with my Rotofab install. I am seeing my mpg go back up and we'll see if I get into the positive number. I have a Magnaflow catback exhaust and the the drone is gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clowe1243 said:

 

  • The MPG is reporting better than with DFM enabled:
    • Like 5 MPG better in the 50 mile sample.

Not even close to representive data, report back an average after 6 tank fills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clowe1243 said:

 

 

Secondly decided to disable DFM out of curiosity more than anything.  Some things I noticed:

  • I have an AFE cat back exhaust:

I just want to know if you could swap the muffler from them and get near the same results.  1400 is a bit steep

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49c44114-apollo-gt-series-3-409-stainless-steel-muffler-upgrade

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

I just want to know if you could swap the muffler from them and get near the same results.  1400 is a bit steep

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49c44114-apollo-gt-series-3-409-stainless-steel-muffler-upgrade

 

The key is getting rid of that flapper.  I'd imagine it can't get any worse.  Cant even tune the 6.2L at a reasonable price atm.  Ive seen some guys that just lock the flapper open.  Make it sound tons better, but without disabling the dfm...your still gonna sound like a suburu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your MPG is "showing" better because your speedometer is correct now.  The truck didn't think you were driving as far before.  Also, you can get your speedometer dead on accurate.  The second number in the programming is 10ths of an inch.

 

-Eli

Edited by Tjeli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, clowe1243 said:

The key is getting rid of that flapper.  I'd imagine it can't get any worse.  Cant even tune the 6.2L at a reasonable price atm.  Ive seen some guys that just lock the flapper open.  Make it sound tons better, but without disabling the dfm...your still gonna sound like a suburu.

I might cut the flapper first and then do the muffler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 9:00 AM, RRonin said:

I've been using the Pulsar for about a month now and I'm loving it. I'm seeing about a 1.5 mpg loss but I'm also working through some issues with my Rotofab install. I am seeing my mpg go back up and we'll see if I get into the positive number. I have a Magnaflow catback exhaust and the the drone is gone. 

Whats going on with the roto fab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't torque down the hose clamps. Hose popped out after a 100 miles and my truck throw a code. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Suburu drone is gone! ?  yeah, can't explain it. I'm running 2 borla's in line and was still loud. So quiet now, why??  My running boards also spazzed out, all good. Only issue now is drivers side mirror keeps lighting up ghost vehicle alert.  maybe truck bug, not pulsar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 10:25 AM, clowe1243 said:
  • The MPG is reporting better than with DFM enabled:
    • Like 5 MPG better in the 50 mile sample.
      • Going to need to get a full tank and take the mileage to verify on paper.

 

Anybody else get better MPG with DFM disabled?  Or is it lying to me?

 

EDIT: MPG has normalized.  Getting 11-13 mpg local, 15-18 mpg highway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New weirdness.  My drivers side left floorboard stays open until the truck internally times out, or I start driving above 3 MPH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.