Silverado suspension

I am finding the rear end a bit stiff/springy....most of my miles are highway, rarely much weight in the box and pull a trailer fairly often that is less than 3k pounds...any thoughts? don't want to reduce tow or carry capacity much if I can but would like to smooth it out.

I put Bilstein 5100's on all for corner of my Tboss and my truck both drives considerably smoother with much less body movement and towing is much improved as well. Those Rancho's while I loved them for just daily driving seem to never settle down. 

4 hours ago, rmacdona said:

they don't have 5100's for my truck - but thanks for the lead, looking at the 4600's.

I went to the Bilstein website and every configuration of the 2020 Silverado RST I tried showed 5100s available.

Did you check here?: https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/

No expertise implied or expressed

14 hours ago, RWTJR said:

I went to the Bilstein website and every configuration of the 2020 Silverado RST I tried showed 5100s available.

Did you check here?: https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/

No expertise implied or expressed

Thanks! I ordered them last night....intend to install myself, any watch outs?

I have a '20 Silverado z71, very bouncy, more so when I have my travel trailer loaded.  Put in airbags and it's a thousand times better.  

$600 (cdn$) from Amazon, installed myself in about 2hrs.

The 17 Colorado i had previously, the suspension was way better.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:22 AM, RobinChris said:

I have a '20 Silverado z71, very bouncy, more so when I have my travel trailer loaded.  Put in airbags and it's a thousand times better.  

$600 (cdn$) from Amazon, installed myself in about 2hrs.

The 17 Colorado i had previously, the suspension was way better.

I may go that way if the shocks don't help...Thanks!

19 minutes ago, rmacdona said:

Thanks all.

I went with Airlift , the ones with the internal bumper so they can be run with no air, and also came with stainless steel parts and braided air lines...    was cheapest on Amazon vs local retailers, and also noted that the prices fluctuated frequently. 

If you go on airlifts website (if you choose them) and you can enter your vehicle info to get the model # of the kit so you know what to look for.

• 4 weeks later...