2020 LTZ 3.0 in the shop 4x with under 12k!!!!

In the last year my truck has been at the dealership for a total of at least a month cumulative. The check engine light keeps coming on... I had to have it towed to the dealership 1x... the transmission keeps having issues... the dealership has it for a week at a time trying to problem solve things. This has happened 3x...

They replaced some solenoids in the transmission. We Picked it up a week later to then return it when the check engine light came back on. They had the truck again for a week and replaced 3 wiring harnesses in the transmission.

We picked the truck up on Saturday and got 10 miles from the dealership and the check engine light came back on. We returned the truck to the dealership on Monday...

I’m done with the truck. It’s not reliable and in the last year it’s been unavailable for 1/12 of the time... not to mention the hassle of getting to and from the dealership.

Wondering if anyone has experience with buyback or lemon law in California? Any help would be appreciated.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:37 AM, joshuapchase said:

In the last year my truck has been at the dealership for a total of at least a month cumulative. The check engine light keeps coming on... I had to have it towed to the dealership 1x... the transmission keeps having issues... the dealership has it for a week at a time trying to problem solve things. This has happened 3x...

They replaced some solenoids in the transmission. We Picked it up a week later to then return it when the check engine light came back on. They had the truck again for a week and replaced 3 wiring harnesses in the transmission.

We picked the truck up on Saturday and got 10 miles from the dealership and the check engine light came back on. We returned the truck to the dealership on Monday...

I’m done with the truck. It’s not reliable and in the last year it’s been unavailable for 1/12 of the time... not to mention the hassle of getting to and from the dealership.

Wondering if anyone has experience with buyback or lemon law in California? Any help would be appreciated.

That sucks.  I had a 2019 5.3L 1500 Denali that I recently traded for a 2021 6.2 Denali sight unseen (last time I do that).  I wish I would had kept the 2019 as I had no issues with it besides the hard seats and the current used market made it very tempting to trade up.

New truck bed not centered and is not level with the cab and exhaust leak sound at 1000-1500 RPM with 1K miles so far.  Of course the dealer says it is normal.  They always do as long as it still drives down the road.  Quality control is not so good.  I am already looking around at other vehicles and deciding what is it worth to dump this truck.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, joshuapchase said:

Got an email from GM with a buy back offer last week. I’ve had no issues lately and really like my truck. Not sure what I want to do now!

Is the offer any good?

My guess is maybe you got a beginning of the pandemic built truck? I know for a good bit they had trouble just having the employees to keep the lines moving and wouldn't doubt if people were pulled from other areas to work it.

From your original post 21 days ago:

"We picked the truck up on Saturday and got 10 miles from the dealership and the check engine light came back on. We returned the truck to the dealership on Monday...

Wondering if anyone has experience with buyback or lemon law in California? Any help would be appreciated."

The truck was in the shop a total of 1 of the last 12 months but now 21 days later you really like it ?

They offered a buyback. Take the money and run !

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 10:36 PM, Enough said:

From your original post 21 days ago:

"We picked the truck up on Saturday and got 10 miles from the dealership and the check engine light came back on. We returned the truck to the dealership on Monday...

Wondering if anyone has experience with buyback or lemon law in California? Any help would be appreciated."

The truck was in the shop a total of 1 of the last 12 months but now 21 days later you really like it ?

They offered a buyback. Take the money and run !

No kidding, the guy is confused.