Inventory and ordering lead times

I have the Cherry Red Tintcoat on my Malibu RS so I simply could not see having 2 vehicles the same color plus my dad has it on his 1500 . I like the color also but the Midnight Edition caught my eye when I seen the first one I really like the look of the all blacked out truck.

• Like 1

Here's something crazy - a contractor who's doing some work on our house was here this morning. He had his brand new truck he ordered in Feb - took 6 weeks - GMC Denali Duramax 2500 - 4 door short bed.

So the way it looks and is sounding more and more all the time is, they aren't building cheaper trucks, just the big dollar LTZ's and Denali's. 

I am officially not buying the bullshit - the fake sss shortages  are all about money and money. I've seen this scenario too many time recently that I'm not buying it anymore. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Cherry red tint Ahhhhhh. Me too! i saw that color on a customers new GMC2500 and I loved it instantly. Looks amazing with all the GMC chrome too. 

0075AA27-21FF-427E-9DEE-1F4EAEF6868E.jpeg

Edited by 22z712500

Thanks for the photos! Much appreciated! It may seem like nothing but that sure makes me smile brother!!! Damn pretty shade of red! 

btw, what's the bed cover? is that one of those roll up at the front? I have a 3 section fold up probably going bye bye when I trade. Seems it sits in the garage more than on the truck. Not sure what I'm going to do there yet.  Lot of good products out there these days.

Edited by Leonardo Willi

10 hours ago, Cheddar said:

I have the Cherry Red Tintcoat on my Malibu RS so I simply could not see having 2 vehicles the same color plus my dad has it on his 1500 . I like the color also but the Midnight Edition caught my eye when I seen the first one I really like the look of the all blacked out truck.

Oh I feel ya! I toyed with black, and it does look awesome but same thing, my 2016 Impala is black with rainbow sparkles and love it! so I'm good on black like you're good on Cherry red! 👍

On 3/28/2022 at 6:32 PM, Leonardo Willi said:

Thanks for the photos! Much appreciated! It may seem like nothing but that sure makes me smile brother!!! Damn pretty shade of red! 

btw, what's the bed cover? is that one of those roll up at the front? I have a 3 section fold up probably going bye bye when I trade. Seems it sits in the garage more than on the truck. Not sure what I'm going to do there yet.  Lot of good products out there these days.

RetraxPro XR is the cover. It has the tslots so I can add my bike racks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on my truck.  Ordered last June, built second week of November and has been at 4300 at the Flint graveyard ever since.

Seriously thinking of saying good bye because how much waiting am I suppose to do?

I hate Dodge, really do not like Ford, but need HD truck soon.

8 hours ago, Cheekster96 said:

Still waiting on my truck.  Ordered last June, built second week of November and has been at 4300 at the Flint graveyard ever since.

Seriously thinking of saying good bye because how much waiting am I suppose to do?

I hate Dodge, really do not like Ford, but need HD truck soon.

Religiously check all the dealers within a couple hours drive for in stock trucks. This is how I found mine. Are Dodges and Fords in stock right now?

Well, I got a small bit of info from my dealer. Wife was at the Buick branch getting service. The sales Mgr is family. He asked what we've heard but said "We got notice that GM has stopped building dealer inventory units and switched to customer orders so should be hearing something anytime" ~ So we will see. 

I came across this one thing though, a document on GM production for fleet orders. It said Reg cab/LB, quad cab/LB 2500/3500 starting orders April 22. Not sure if fleet has any relevance, but I was told my oddball reg cab/LB might be tough to get fit in as they like to run X amount at a time. 

Also learned a shipment of Buicks he ordered in June are now on their way. Have a feeling there's going to be a new color in the drive shortly. 

Newbie here...new(future) GMC owner...put in my order last thursday for a doublecab longbed 3500 PRO 4x4 gas...anyone have any idea how long it might take to get my build done? Also, how do I keep updated on my order status codes? Thanks to all

39 minutes ago, Dusty22 said:

Newbie here...new(future) GMC owner...put in my order last thursday for a doublecab longbed 3500 PRO 4x4 gas...anyone have any idea how long it might take to get my build done? Also, how do I keep updated on my order status codes? Thanks to all

I've been waiting 7 months for my truck.......still waiting.