Inventory and ordering lead times

4 hours ago, Cheddar said:

I called this Number 855-880-1500  for GM Exec (The regular Customer Service Line was a useless attempt) as of yesterday they have escalated a case trying to get details as to what the status of my truck is I ordered a year ago. I am supposed to hear back in the next 2-3 business days.

Agree, I tried the regular Customer Service folks. Became very apparent that I don't know the difference between lip service and Customer Service, all i got was a weeks wait for lip service.

With customer service, those people have no idea whats up. They are there to pacify the customers. More that likely not even GM but contracted.  All they can do it lookup the order number and give you the current status code.  Every GM Dealer can do the very same thing BUT ONLY the ordering dealer has more information and most if not all will not share that information with customers. Heck, most of the salesman cannot even access that info due to business security reasons.  They only know what their sales manager allows them to know.  They are salesman first and their only job is to sell. You got realize that.  Dealt with many ignorant salesmen in over 30 yrs of buying vehicles.

Edited by elcamino
err
  • Like 1

I ordered my Silverado 3500 LT SRW, Duramax, Z71 Sport, Conv 1 and 2, and 5th wheel prep on Oct 16. Truck was delivered last Friday and I should be in it tomorrow. Not the slowest, but it did seem the dealer had no idea what was going on until it was in transit. All the best for the folks still waiting 

• Like 3

On 3/18/2022 at 7:49 AM, Cheddar said:

I called this Number 855-880-1500  for GM Exec (The regular Customer Service Line was a useless attempt) as of yesterday they have escalated a case trying to get details as to what the status of my truck is I ordered a year ago. I am supposed to hear back in the next 2-3 business days.

Where did you find this number?

On 3/18/2022 at 7:49 AM, Cheddar said:

Man, a year? that's bull. I am coming up on 8 months with nothing. I haven't heard from my dealer for more than a month. The next time I talk to them, they are calling with good news. I'm done asking. It's not their fault, GM doesn't know what the hell they are doing apparently. 

A year? man...A Ferrari I could see, but a truck? 

Edited by Leonardo Willi
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Man, a year? that's bull. I am coming up on 8 months with nothing. I haven't heard from my dealer for more than a month. The next time I talk to them, they are calling with good news. I'm done asking. It's not their fault, GM doesn't know what the hell they are doing apparently. 

Yeah my dealer has been great, I am just very disappointed about something that should be an exciting experience after finally being in a position in life where I can afford one. All I can say is never again will I order a vehicle, I have watched deals come and go and yet I still wait because I ordered exactly what I wanted.  All I can say is I hope others have better luck than I have with this situation.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cheddar said:

Yeah my dealer has been great, I am just very disappointed about something that should be an exciting experience after finally being in a position in life where I can afford one. All I can say is never again will I order a vehicle, I have watched deals come and go and yet I still wait because I ordered exactly what I wanted.  All I can say is I hope others have better luck than I have with this situation.

Don't let this spoil it. These are moments to forget. 

My best advice is always - don't compromise, don't settle - you will always remember it. I ordered a new one because I did that when I bought my 2016 - But, these stupid used values and trade-in's is what made me do it right the second time LOL! ` so I'll wait. May never happen again where values get turned on their head. 

Best of luck! and wait for it! don't settle. 

16 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

That is how I ended up with my truck.  Guy ordered it last March and got tired of waiting.  Hit the dealership in February and I scooped it up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Don't let this spoil it. These are moments to forget. 

My best advice is always - don't compromise, don't settle - you will always remember it. I ordered a new one because I did that when I bought my 2016 - But, these stupid used values and trade-in's is what made me do it right the second time LOL! ` so I'll wait. May never happen again where values get turned on their head. 

Best of luck! and wait for it! don't settle. 

That is what I did I sold my 2008 for almost $18,000 which has given me a good down payment. I have no plans to settle as mine is a Midnight Edition 3500 LT pretty well loaded.

6 hours ago, Cheddar said:

That is what I did I sold my 2008 for almost $18,000 which has given me a good down payment. I have no plans to settle as mine is a Midnight Edition 3500 LT pretty well loaded.

That sounds like a sweet piece! Can't wait to see you post a pic! 

Same deal for me though, they switched up packages and options that gives me the few things that just drive me nutz with my 16 - I just turned over 12,000 miles and I'm getting basically what I paid for it to trade, GM F&F discount and whatever GM offers at the time so that's why I ordered a new one, and a color change! 

My neighbor ordered a 1500 Hugh Country last spring, got it right before Christmas. OK, I get it on a High Country, loaded for bear, with all the Goodies (BS to me) so that made sense. Mine is simple, 2500HD LT, reg cab/LB, gas, pretty much what I have with a little bit more. First question my dealer had when I made the deal was "how soon can we get your truck?" I said as soon as you have something else for me to drive home. I had heard too many stories to fall for that one. Obviously I don't need mine as bad as some others, but when I need it, I need it which is pretty much the same for all us truck folks DUH! ~ 

Wish you luck! 

7 hours ago, 22z712500 said:

That is how I ended up with my truck.  Guy ordered it last March and got tired of waiting.  Hit the dealership in February and I scooped it up. 

Holy ******! That's 11 months no? What model/config is it?

13 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

2022 Chevrolet 3500 HD Midnight Edition LT,6.6 Gas, Z71, Leather Interior, 5th Wheel/ Gooseneck Package with Convenience Package 2.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Mine is a 2500 HD LT, Z71, Allstar edition, Safety package, Gooseneck prep, Cherry Red Tintcoat.

Edited by 22z712500
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 4:02 PM, 22z712500 said:

Mine is a 2500 HD LT, Z71, Allstar edition, Safety package, Gooseneck prep, Cherry Red Tintcoat.

Cherry red tint Ahhhhhh. Me too! i saw that color on a customers new GMC2500 and I loved it instantly. Looks amazing with all the GMC chrome too.