Inventory and ordering lead times

7 hours ago, RLCC said:

Just got word from dealer today that mine Denali HD built last week is on the way to them and Ill have by the end of week.  Looks like they are moving  the trucks faster then I thought. 

Built last week and have this week?  Don't hold your breathe :(

They called today and sent a pic of the truck in the lot its ready for pickup on Friday from them.  I am shocked how was fast it arrived and came from plant to dealer after being built last week.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 6:52 PM, ~Wicked~ said:

Built last week and have this week?  Don't hold your breathe :(

Maybe they mean, built 6 months ago and Saturn until they got a chip in it last week and only now consider it built.  😉

Nope this truck was built the week of Oct 11.  As i was told when it was ordered Denali's were getting top priority, AT4's were pushed back and limited big time.  They want all the high margin trucks built.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 8:47 AM, Brummie99 said:

I ordered a Silverado 3500 DRW LTZ Duramax a month ago and was quoted 6-8 months for delivery.

As far as I know it's still in pre-ordered status.

Just inquired with Chevy. They said it's now in status 2030 (Order edited by Chevrolet) but no TPW yet. Not sure what would have been edited.

Any ideas on how much closer this is to production?

Well, the latest is I'm back to 1100 status. I've read elsewhere that the chat feature was unreliable. Does that mean this update was wrong or the previous update was wrong. I'm guessing the latter.

Emailing my dealer gets zero response.

They can't get any chips, but all they want to build is the fancy trucks that need chips......

Sounds like instead of waiting to sell one fancy truck they could have sold 2 or 3 basic trucks.

All I want is a WT but it sounds like from these threads I'll be waiting a year or two so they can cram out the $80k super trucks missing content that makes them the super trucks.

Just put an order in last night for a Cayenne Red 2022 Sierra Crew Cab/Std-Bed Gas SLE. Convenience, Off Road, Preferred (mostly for trailer apps) and a few other options. Unfortunately just saw the news that I probably wont get heated seats / wheel, so fingers crossed they leave the elements/button in place so that they can be updated at a future date.

Dealer estimates mid-Jan delivery based on current HD timelines. 

Edited by Afrim Zeka

I ordered my DRW LTZ in September and paid my $1,000 non-refundable deposit.

If they deliver a vehicle different from the one I ordered (without heated seats/steering wheel), or I find another one elsewhere, should I get my deposit back?

On 11/16/2021 at 8:42 AM, Afrim Zeka said:

Just put an order in last night for a Cayenne Red 2022 Sierra Crew Cab/Std-Bed Gas SLE. Convenience, Off Road, Preferred (mostly for trailer apps) and a few other options. Unfortunately just saw the news that I probably wont get heated seats / wheel, so fingers crossed they leave the elements/button in place so that they can be updated at a future date.

I'm in talks right now trying to get a Greenwood Metallic 2022 Silverado Crew Cab/Std-Bed Gas WT in. Convenience, Safety Confidence (for the 4.2" DIC screen), power fold mirrors, cab lights, brake controller and 18s as only options. Mid January would be cool but I've been telling people who ask that I would not be surprised to hear 6-8 months with all the craziness going on.

Basic trucks like ours are probably getting shelved for High Country and Denali/AT4s. Although, I could see them pushing ours out since they are quick and basic and need less chips. I dunno.

I'm half expecting to be told the power fold mirrors/cab lights/brake controller/4.2" screen, basically all the things I selected will be restricted and un-orderable because of chips if not the Green paint.

Time till tell. Good luck.

5 hours ago, Brummie99 said:

If they deliver a vehicle different from the one I ordered (without heated seats/steering wheel), or I find another one elsewhere, should I get my deposit back?

I would try. Anything not on the list is a deal breaker for me. I've bought a million vehicles but never a custom order. This one is special to me. Deliver it as spec'd or let me know when it's available to be had as spec'd. Otherwise I'll just wait for a rando lot truck.

I haven't seen anywhere that these trucks will be getting a package credit like the cheesy -$50.00 the non DFM or Stop/Start 1500s are getting. -$50 credit would be a slap in the face anyway to lose heated seats/wheel knowing they added way more to the package when they priced them in originally but at least they should be telling you about a credit or something.

26 minutes ago, Epsilon Plus said:

I would try. Anything not on the list is a deal breaker for me. I've bought a million vehicles but never a custom order. This one is special to me. Deliver it as spec'd or let me know when it's available to be had as spec'd. Otherwise I'll just wait for a rando lot truck.

I haven't seen anywhere that these trucks will be getting a package credit like the cheesy -$50.00 the non DFM or Stop/Start 1500s are getting. -$50 credit would be a slap in the face anyway to lose heated seats/wheel knowing they added way more to the package when they priced them in originally but at least they should be telling you about a credit or something.

In another thread, it said $500 credit for the heated/cooled seats and $150 credit for heated steering. I'm looking at another in transit right now but a different dealer. They're expecting it in late November- early December. I'd rather get that one which has the heated options, albeit not the color I want, than wait for mine. I just don't want to lose the deposit I already paid.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:42 AM, Afrim Zeka said:

Looks like according to this heated wheel still might be on your menu:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/11/these-gmc-models-will-get-limited-heated-seat-availability/

22 hours ago, Brummie99 said:

...and for you looks like both are still on your menu:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/11/these-chevy-models-will-get-limited-heated-seat-availability/