Inventory and ordering lead times

6 hours ago, Cheddar said:

Well we are at the 6 Month point and still do not have my truck ordered with GM they have not been able to place the order do to constraints. Every couple weeks it is a different part they don't have available or they can't build it because this option is missing parts.  You can't remove those options because it removes your package you need to get the other options you want. This is getting very frustrating, GM should be building the trucks people are ordering rather than stocking fields and parking lots full of unsellable inventory using up parts that could complete an actual order sitting there for 6 months. Just my thoughts not sure if any actual GM reps read this but I would imagine I am not the only frustrated person with this issue happening.  All the while I keep watching rebates and offers pass me by monthly I would love to take advantage of. 

Any ideas on what your constraints are?

I ordered mine with all the bells and whistles so I’m sure I’ll have the same issue as you.

For all the guys getting held up by constraints...make sure you know what the specific constraint is so you can make a decision if you want to wait or let it move forward.  I have had an order ready at my dealership since mid June for a mildly loaded 3500 SLE and I was waiting for an allocation I could claim.  This past week my guy let me know I could go in but the Drivers Alert 1 package (see screen shot below) I wanted would be incomplete.  It would be missing the front and rear park assist sensors in the bumpers but everything else would be there and the other packages I selected would be included as well.  He asked if I was ok to send it or not and I said heck yes (I did want the front/rear sensors but not enough to delay it indefinitely).  This is just one example.  My point is this....my dealer could have called and said there was a constraint that was holding up my order and he would have been correct.  Instead he let me know the specific issue so I could make a decision.  Guys I know it's tough waiting.  Hang in there and stay close to your dealers, ask a lot of questions, and do a lot of research.

image.png.b76c2c6b66bcecbf745769bf8827b80d.png

• Like 1

I was told Denali HD have no options that you can not order at this time and nothing will be missing.  Where as AT4 HD's pretty much all the packages are not able to be ordered at this time.  Hence why I ordered a Denali and GM accepted my order.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RLCC said:

I was told Denali HD have no options that you can not order at this time and nothing will be missing.  Where as AT4 HD's pretty much all the packages are not able to be ordered at this time.  Hence why I ordered a Denali and GM accepted my order.

14 hours ago, ~Wicked~ said:

Thanks for the reply.

I could be wrong but I think the Denali comes standard with both Driver Alert 1 & 2 but I also want the Technology package. 

On 7/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, Cheddar said:

Well I am at 18 weeks since I placed a down payment and ordered my 3500 HD.  Dealer has still not been able to push the order in due to constraints on the build. Then the first news article I see is GM is going to reduce shifts  and do shut downs and have already started to lay people off again because of parts shortages and chip issues. The frustration with this whole mess is insane. I have started looking at used trucks again but it is hard to justify buying a used truck that is within a couple years that has a 100,000 miles on it for a higher price the the new one you have ordered.  The market crazy so I guess I will continue to drive this old 94 Chevy 2wd truck with 200,000 miles on it till i get my new truck sometime in 202? who knows.

My Dealer has been advising me of the constraints as we have been going along but they are options I do not want to give up as they are needed. For example the last one was the fifth wheel/gooseneck package without it the purpose I am purchasing the truck for is useless and to pay for installation afterward is more expensive than the package. the other constraints in the past alter the packages and remove the Midnight Edition Option that I want there again not looking to settle for a lesser truck. I will continue to wait for GM to get their production fixed and build things correctly. With the prices you pay for trucks these days you should be able to get what you are paying for. 

7 minutes ago, Cheddar said:

My Dealer has been advising me of the constraints as we have been going along but they are options I do not want to give up as they are needed. For example the last one was the fifth wheel/gooseneck package without it the purpose I am purchasing the truck for is useless and to pay for installation afterward is more expensive than the package. the other constraints in the past alter the packages and remove the Midnight Edition Option that I want there again not looking to settle for a lesser truck. I will continue to wait for GM to get their production fixed and build things correctly. With the prices you pay for trucks these days you should be able to get what you are paying for. 

Interesting the 5th wheel pkg was a constraint.  That is on my build sheet as well.  I thought that was just the tray bolted to the frame with the pucks in the bed.  Is there anything electronic at all on that one?  Or was it an issue with a supply issue with some of the components?

On 9/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, diyer2 said:

Unless you are walking or need a truck for a business why not wait?

Supply issues will continue/worsen over the next 24 months. Those employees left are filing out the door one by one as the prospect of working a position previously covered by 2 or 3 people by oneself at the same rate of pay is not the least bit encouraging.

With everything now manufactured in china the greatest ongoing bottleneck is shipping and transportation.

Buckle up.

I again posted this earlier in the wrong thread, sorry.

What I am trying to locate are details on the formal GM process for handling the missing items from packages.  For example, just as others mention are the Rear Cross Traffic, Lane Departure and Lane Change (UFG, UFL and UKC) missing from the Driver Alert Packages I and II.  I would like to know if these items might automatically be installed at time of build if components exist and how would one know?  Or, can these items be added at a later date by the dealer?

Thanks

17 hours ago, RLCC said:

Here is one sitting at dealer not far from me......https://www.marquettebuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2021-GMC-Sierra_2500HD-Crew_Cab_Standard_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_Denali-MARQUETTE-MI/5139190270

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 7:58 AM, 03 Cobra said:

Interesting the 5th wheel pkg was a constraint.  That is on my build sheet as well.  I thought that was just the tray bolted to the frame with the pucks in the bed.  Is there anything electronic at all on that one?  Or was it an issue with a supply issue with some of the components?

Probably a supply issue as it is the puck system components and the 7 way wire harness with plug connectors in the bed option. 

So I talked with my dealer this morning...more issues with ordering my truck.  He is now saying their are issues with the All Star Package and the Z71 Sports Edition package.  What is going on!  Plant just started up again on Monday...hurry up and wait.

I told him that I will keep waiting...because I do not want something else other than what I ordered.

Stay tuned.

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,  New to this forum

The waiting game is terrible.  I ordered my truck 03/27/21.  Had code 1100 right way.  It's been sitting at 1100 ever since.

Salesman that I've been dealing with for 25 years assured me they have allocation.  He has been in touch with the district manager and still have no answer to the holdup.

23 minutes ago, tbush said:

Hi,  New to this forum

The waiting game is terrible.  I ordered my truck 03/27/21.  Had code 1100 right way.  It's been sitting at 1100 ever since.

Salesman that I've been dealing with for 25 years assured me they have allocation.  He has been in touch with the district manager and still have no answer to the holdup.

Sorry but they are bs'ing you.   Every dealer submitted preliminary order is at event code 1100 (Preliminary Order Accepted), order was successfully entered into the system (no errors) but the dealer has not received allocation to place the order. UNTIL Chevrolet ACCEPTS the order, it just sits there at 1100. You don't have an order with GM at this point,  you only have a dealer requesting an allocation for a slot in the production schedule.  If you are sitting at 1100 you are not in line yet for production. Your dealer MUST get GM to accept the order. When GM accepts the order, all the parts are available and will be allocated to your car build.

Allocations – The number of a particular vehicle model a dealer is assigned by GM.

Edited by elcamino