Inventory and ordering lead times

Ordered a GMC 2500 double cab 5 weeks ago was called yesterday,  said Gm is done with "21" regular cabs for this year and might run a batch of double cabs  but won't have a decision till next week.   So maybe will have to order a "22"

On 5/19/2021 at 8:16 PM, 2021 HD said:

I ordered my reg cab 2500 the last day of Feb. Dealer called the 15th of Apr. said it was excepted. Have not herd anything more. I guess I should give them a call.

Good luck! I was informed that my order will not be processed. I ordered a regular cab, stripped down work truck on Feb. 8th

I ordered an RST Z71 on April 27th.

TPW May 17th

It was built on May 19th

It was at the upfitter for the bedliner on May 25th.

Now it says in transit, but nobody can tell me where it is.

The estimated delivery date is June 13th.

It was built in Fort Wayne, and I am an hour west of Chicago.  Will it really take 3 weeks to get to the dealer??  I even contacted the the upfitter to confirm the truck was there to get the bedliner, which they did confirm.  Funny thing is the day GM updated the code, the truck was already done at the upfitter and was not on the property anymore.  So now im in limbo...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope to have a brand new, custom ordered, 3500 HD ready for next year's camping season here in Colorado. Let's say April. When should I place my order? I'm thinking Nov or Dec 🤔

On 6/21/2021 at 12:54 AM, RND4mGuy said:

I hope to have a brand new, custom ordered, 3500 HD ready for next year's camping season here in Colorado. Let's say April. When should I place my order? I'm thinking Nov or Dec 🤔

Silverado HD Cab configurations

2022 Order Banks Open 8/12/2021 (Allocation)

Supposedly is 3 months order to delivery based on allocation.  No allocation = Unknown Time Frame

Edited by elcamino

On 5/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, Shawn Bidlingmeyer said:

I ordered an RST Z71 on April 27th.

TPW May 17th

It was built on May 19th

It was at the upfitter for the bedliner on May 25th.

Now it says in transit, but nobody can tell me where it is.

The estimated delivery date is June 13th.

It was built in Fort Wayne, and I am an hour west of Chicago.  Will it really take 3 weeks to get to the dealer??  I even contacted the the upfitter to confirm the truck was there to get the bedliner, which they did confirm.  Funny thing is the day GM updated the code, the truck was already done at the upfitter and was not on the property anymore.  So now im in limbo...

There are shipping delays nationwide, both rail and trucking due to the pandemic and severe weather early this spring in some pars of the country.  I understand many don't believe that but its true.  Friend works for large building supply and orders for materials that normally would be a week to 2 weeks are 8 weeks++ and many items are in short supply and they don't know when they will get them.  Friend works at the Flint HD plant (trades) and he says competed trucks sitting in various areas waiting on transportation, 1,000's of HD's.

Edited by elcamino

fyi

June 2021

GM said it is increasing production of the Chevrolet Silverado heavy-duty and GMC Sierra heavy-duty full-size pickups at Flint Assembly by about 1,000 pickups per month beginning in mid-July.

While GM is able to increase vehicle shipments to dealers, this will not mean a return to normal levels of inventory.  

Flint Assembly is running three shifts a day, six days a week and working one shift on two Sundays out of the month to meet demand for the heavy-duty pickups, said Eric Welter, shop chairman for UAW Local 598, which represents hourly workers at the plant.

At Flint, about 1,050 pickups are built each day, an extra 700 are built during the two Sundays a month.

45 minutes ago, elcamino said:

Silverado HD Cab configurations

2022 Order Banks Open 8/12/2021 (Allocation)

Supposedly is 3 months order to delivery based on allocation.  No allocation = Unknown Time Frame

Elcamino, I understood that production of the '22 HDs started 7/12.  If that's true will they start building orders from the dealerships on 7/12 or 8/12 as you mentioned?  I am interested because I have given my dealer an order for a '22 GMC 3500HD and they are waiting on allocations to be able to put my order in.  I appreciate any insight that you or anyone else has.  This is my first time ordering a vehicle.