Inventory and ordering lead times

2 hours ago, jeetS said:

So after 17 weeks my dealer finally got allocation...only to find out there's now constraints on driver alert package 1? Which means I can't get the package 2 either or the sunroof apparently. Getting super discouraged. 

That is really upsetting to hear. I prebuilt my truck and am awaiting an allocation. I would love to get in before the 22 cutoff so I can use the military pricing discount. I heard the build will have to be accepted by may so I guess that won’t happen. 

5 hours ago, Hobbypro said:

That is really upsetting to hear. I prebuilt my truck and am awaiting an allocation. I would love to get in before the 22 cutoff so I can use the military pricing discount. I heard the build will have to be accepted by may so I guess that won’t happen. 

The way things are going , watching the market and the news.  I dont see much changing in the next six months possibly more.  If you want something you almost take what you can get.

On 4/20/2021 at 2:43 PM, LoweredKlass said:

Talked to GM in the chat option this morning, and my truck has been produced! Woot! Woot!  Pending final testing and approvals, she'll be on her way...

Though that is the tricky part I'm guessing, when it'll actually get shipped.... but at least she's been produced lol

My dealer updates me weekly so they are pretty good.  But I tried chat for fun twice now and got absolutely nothing out of it, the people were worthless.  I was using the chat on chevy.com.  is there another chat

I have been following this thread for a couple of months because I have decided that I need a new truck.  Well, want a new truck.  My truck is a great truck and hasn't let me down once.

Part of what I have been doing is going on the GMC website, building the new truck I want and then checking inventory.  There is nothing out there.  12 trucks within 200 miles.  None of them close enough to what I want to warrant the effort.  Either a color I wouldn't accept, or features I don't need and won't pay for.

I think what I will do is revisit the idea in the fall.  Probably be looking at the 2022s.

Ordered 27 FEB

4 MAR- 3000

26 MAR- 3300

1 APR- 3400

8 APR-3400 - Truck was built but for some reason the system didnt show 3800.  VIN was provided

15 APR 3800 

Was delivered last night,  wont be picking it up a few weeks due lease termination etc. So that was just shy of 8 weeks.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:11 AM, nards444 said:

dumb question but something I have always thought on these spray in bedliners.  I have had both Ford and Chevy spray ins.  After looking at these things up close,  I always felt like it was a drop in but was just glued.

I took delivery last weekend.  It's definitely a spray in liner on my truck.  It's similar to LineX in texture and hardness, but is a different chemistry because the smell is different and nowhere near as strong as the smell Linex has for the first couple of months.  It seems about twice as thick as the LineX I recently had put in my 93 truck.  It is not soft like Rhinoliner. 

3 hours ago, Another JR said:

I took delivery last weekend.  It's definitely a spray in liner on my truck.  It's similar to LineX in texture and hardness, but is a different chemistry because the smell is different and nowhere near as strong as the smell Linex has for the first couple of months.  It seems about twice as thick as the LineX I recently had put in my 93 truck.  It is not soft like Rhinoliner. 

Agreed, definitely spray in but I can see how it may look like some type of drop in that’s either chemically or thermally activated to bond. It has a smoother, shinier finish than my LineX in my last truck. My truck is white and they didn’t spray up under the bed rails very well so when installing my tonneau it was obvious that it’s a spray in.

21 hours ago, Snow Shovel said:

I have been following this thread for a couple of months because I have decided that I need a new truck.  Well, want a new truck.  My truck is a great truck and hasn't let me down once.

Part of what I have been doing is going on the GMC website, building the new truck I want and then checking inventory.  There is nothing out there.  12 trucks within 200 miles.  None of them close enough to what I want to warrant the effort.  Either a color I wouldn't accept, or features I don't need and won't pay for.

I think what I will do is revisit the idea in the fall.  Probably be looking at the 2022s.

This is exactly the situation I was in and I started tracking inventory in December. On the first few months I had a few options but I wasn’t really ready to pull the trigger. I decided to order but then that turned into a mess with allocations and constraints. If I weren’t in need of a 3/4 ton before camping season I probably would have waiting until this blew over and the market returned to normal. Good luck in whatever you decide.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Another JR said:

The company that does the spray in liner for GM is Ground Effects, they also have the contract with other manufacturers. This is how it is applied 

https://www.gfxltd.com