Inventory and ordering lead times

LPO,  Assist steps - 4" Black - round, (dealer-installed)

They are shipped to the dealer so as to arrive just in time.  They do not come from the assembly plant and won' delay the vehicle build.

A Limited Production Option (LPO) is a preordered option that includes a single accessory or a collection of accessories that are part of a special package.
Good to know thanks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well I decided to bug GM again to see if there was any movement...

Got the same answer I got a couple weeks back. Won't have a TPW for 3-4 weeks. 

I mean there is nothing I can do about it, except hurry up and wait some more... but it's been just about 2 full months since I placed my order...

18 minutes ago, LoweredKlass said:

Well I decided to bug GM again to see if there was any movement...

Got the same answer I got a couple weeks back. Won't have a TPW for 3-4 weeks. 

I mean there is nothing I can do about it, except hurry up and wait some more... but it's been just about 2 full months since I placed my order...

That's rough...Unfortunately, patience is not one of my virtues. 

Ordered 1/12/21

TPW - 4/5

12 weeks wait and probably won’t see until week 15 or 16 for delivery, but hopefully sooner since im just a few states away.

It’s been a LONG wait and I’m sure my sales guy is very fond of me no longer sending weekly emails seeing if anything changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, CaptainMorganNC said:

I got news today that mine is at 3000 with an expected production week of 4/26.  How long does it usually take once it is in that production week?

When it hits your production week, it takes about 1.5-2 days from start to finish.

Update on my order -

1/23 - Order placed

2/11 - Event Code 2000

2/19 - Event Code 3000 with TPW of 3/22

3/11 - Event Code 3100

3/12 - Event Code 3300

3/19 - Event Code 3400 with production date 3/24

3/25 - Event Code 3800 Order Produced 

After emailing my salesman yesterday morning and calling yesterday evening, I finally got a 4 word email back at closing time last night, “still at same status”. So I checked with GM chat this morning and called the dealership. Still at 1100 and GM didn’t pick the order up once again this week. I asked the dealer if the GM rep gave any indication why it wasn’t picked up when he apparently told them last week it would be this week. They said no, that we are just at the mercy of GM. I then asked if there is anything preventing it from moving forward as in something that needs to be addressed, they again assured me that there is not. I’m at a loss after 6 weeks and told the dealer I’m going to start pursuing other options. Am I missing something, is there things that need to happen between 1100 and 2000 or is it literally a lottery for production slots or something?

your just dealing with allocation,  need to find a dealer that has a solid allocation slot.  Yours does not evidently.  But move to another dealer you could wait another month to move.   Maybe keep your order in and keep an eye at other dealers and let them know what you want if something comes in.

Edited by nards444

11 minutes ago, nards444 said:

you just dealing with allocation,  need to find a dealer that has a solid allocation slot.  Yours does not evidently. 

Thanks nards, could you maybe help me understand, are you saying they don’t have allocation, or are you saying different dealers get stuff picked up quicker due to volume, etc? They swear they have the allocation. 

If the order hasn’t been picked up, then they do not have an allocation or they are getting allocations and have other orders in front of yours. I would confirm allocations and ask what priority number you are. If you are 10th in line and they receive 1 allocation every couple weeks, you will be waiting a long time. 

Larger volume dealers receive more allocations than a smaller dealer and this is based on sales. I would definitely keep the order with the dealer you are using and start shopping around with other dealers. 

10 minutes ago, jhplak325 said:

If the order hasn’t been picked up, then they do not have an allocation or they are getting allocations and have other orders in front of yours. I would confirm allocations and ask what priority number you are. If you are 10th in line and they receive 1 allocation every couple weeks, you will be waiting a long time. 

Larger volume dealers receive more allocations than a smaller dealer and this is based on sales. I would definitely keep the order with the dealer you are using and start shopping around with other dealers. 

I was told that I was first in line when I ordered in mid-February. They did not have allocations at the time but expected them soon. On March 8th they told me They had allocation and the order was entered but they were waiting for GM to pick it up. Here we are three weeks later, no change.I guess once we got past allocation I expected things to progress, so I’m frustrated and starting to think the dealer is jerking me around.