In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Rozz522

Inventory and ordering lead times

Ordered 01/12/21 got allocated today with build date end of March, had to drop high clearance step and added power step, should be here by end of April, I live in Ontario 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, nards444 said:

similar build to mine,  where you at right now. 

I really kicked around the hot red color.  Issue was I couldnt see anything on the lots and there really wasnt any pictures out there either of real ones.  Black is always a safe bet.  The new blue is really nice as well.  Was able to see a few in white and white just didnt flow right on it if you ask me.  What bothered me though is GM option in colors,  if you got the sport package you could only get like 3-4 colors.  If you added the premium colors you couldnt add any options to it.

Am still at 3000, tpw 3/22

Only white, hot red. And blue for the Sport. Black makes it a midnight,  but exact same package content.

I have seen all colors in person, blue might as well be black except bright sun.

White does not work at all for me

Red Hot with all the gloss black has great contrast, and looks great.

Mine is a fully loaded 3500 LTZ, fifth prep and technology

This is not my truck, but just like it.

I got the 18's as well beacuse I have a set of Fuel 20x9+18 and 295/65-20 Michelins to install

FB_IMG_1610566394274.jpg

Edited by powerhaulic

2 minutes ago, powerhaulic said:

Am still at 3000, tpw 3/22

Only white, hot red. And blue for the Sport. Black makes it a midnight,  but exact same package content.

I have seen all colors in person, blue might as well be black except bright sun.

White does not work at all for me

Red Hot with all the gloss black has great contrast, and looks great.

Mine is a fully loaded 3500 LTZ, fifth prep and technology

I'll try to add a picture again

FB_IMG_1610566394274.jpg

I like it.  Blue was nice  saw it on a 1500, but like you said my as well be black in terms of taking care of it thats why i skipped .  That red hot does look nice man.  I built it and the midnight edition the same just was getting the 20IN black wheels either way.   If I could seem them all in person I would have been much more confident in going that route. 

10 minutes ago, nards444 said:

I like it.  Blue was nice  saw it on a 1500, but like you said my as well be black in terms of taking care of it thats why i skipped .  That red hot does look nice man.  I built it and the midnight edition the same just was getting the 20IN black wheels either way.   If I could seem them all in person I would have been much more confident in going that route.

This is my current 3500, keeping the candy red wheels for the Sport

20201029_142007.jpg

2 hours ago, powerhaulic said:

This is my current 3500, keeping the candy red wheels for the Sport

20201029_142007.jpg

Nice.  I wish i could have seen one in person.  The other issue I had was I live in a smaller area, and had a red hot colored ford a few years back and got rid of it because everybody was like hey saw you at walmart, saw you on th HWY,  got rid of that truck.  lol

I spoke with my dealer today and frankly I'm a little confused. I placed my order on 2/16 but the dealer told me they didn't have allocation for a gasser 2500 but expected one in the next few weeks and I was next in line. I emailed my salesman on Thursday to see if they had allocation in this weeks release, but did not get a response. I called today and found out that my salesman no longer works at the dealership and I was put in touch with a new salesman. He told me that the order was in and waiting for GM to pick the order up. I asked if that meant that they were still waiting for allocation for GM to pick up the order and he told me no, they had the allocation (he made it sound like they had for awhile) and he said the system didn't reject it so that was good. I asked if he had an order number so that I can track it via the chat and he said they would only get that once GM picks up the order. So I guess I'm just not clear where I am in the process, am I waiting for 2000 based on what he is telling me? I was thinking of pulling the order and either finding another dealer with allocation available or finding another option. Thanks for the insight.

1 hour ago, Rozz522 said:

I spoke with my dealer today and frankly I'm a little confused. I placed my order on 2/16 but the dealer told me they didn't have allocation for a gasser 2500 but expected one in the next few weeks and I was next in line. I emailed my salesman on Thursday to see if they had allocation in this weeks release, but did not get a response. I called today and found out that my salesman no longer works at the dealership and I was put in touch with a new salesman. He told me that the order was in and waiting for GM to pick the order up. I asked if that meant that they were still waiting for allocation for GM to pick up the order and he told me no, they had the allocation (he made it sound like they had for awhile) and he said the system didn't reject it so that was good. I asked if he had an order number so that I can track it via the chat and he said they would only get that once GM picks up the order. So I guess I'm just not clear where I am in the process, am I waiting for 2000 based on what he is telling me? I was thinking of pulling the order and either finding another dealer with allocation available or finding another option. Thanks for the insight.

I could be wrong.  But at 3000, it means GM has accepted it into production and has all the parts needed to do your specific build, you also get a target production week,  move into 3100 3300 thats hard tack scheduling.  based off what you said you might be 2000, but may not be out of the clear from constraints yet.  I  would ask what build code your at.  Also the systems seem to update on Thursdays.

2 hours ago, Rozz522 said:

As soon as the build is submitted to GM you have an order number and event code would be 1000, but this still means you don’t have an order since the dealer doesn’t have any allocations. Event code 2000 GM has accepted the order and 3000 production has excepted the order and a TPW is assigned. 

I would be talking to someone above the salesman and get the order number, then head over to GMC chat or Chevy chat and ask them for current order status along with current event code.

GM event codes - https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm-order-tracking/gm-order-event-codes-and-definitions/

Yep

I had an order number when I walked out of dealership even though they told me they didn't have an allocation available for two weeks.

So far all they have told me has proven true.

55 minutes ago, nards444 said:

I could be wrong.  But at 3000, it means GM has accepted it into production and has all the parts needed to do your specific build, you also get a target production week,  move into 3100 3300 thats hard tack scheduling.  based off what you said you might be 2000, but may not be out of the clear from constraints yet.  I  would ask what build code your at.  Also the systems seem to update on Thursdays.

I believe at 3000 all the parts are being ordered in order to build the vehicle 

11 hours ago, jhplak325 said:

I believe at 3000 all the parts are being ordered in order to build the vehicle 

I think you are right and I think I may have said it wrong.  At 3000 I think that means there is no parts issues,  or is that 3100?  I just thought if there constraints and changes had to be made it would happen before 3000

14 hours ago, Wxman said:

Yep

I had an order number when I walked out of dealership even though they told me they didn't have an allocation available for two weeks.

So far all they have told me has proven true.

Wxman, I've been following your timeline probably the closest due to your dealer also having to wait for allocation. I went in to the dealership this morning and of course the salesman I had been talking to wasn't in today so another salesman helped me. He was actually quite helpful but what he told me just seemed to muddy the waters more. He was able to give me the order number and said that I was at event code 1100 as of today. Not having the codes in front of my I thought 1000 was like the preliminary order code and it went to 1100 once you had allocation until GM accepted the order at event code 2000. The dealer today said its a good sign, at least it's moving. Then I came home and chatted with GM and they told me that 1100 meant that the order was entered and once the dealer had allocation it would be accepted by GM, they couldn't give me any timeline for my order up to this point. I just don't understand why the salesman said 1100 as of today and yet that is the status I was led to believe I was at when I left the dealership on 2/16, order submitted, awaiting allocation. Waiting for a call back but starting to reach out to other dealers to see if anyone has available allocation.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rozz522 said:

Wxman, I've been following your timeline probably the closest due to your dealer also having to wait for allocation. I went in to the dealership this morning and of course the salesman I had been talking to wasn't in today so another salesman helped me. He was actually quite helpful but what he told me just seemed to muddy the waters more. He was able to give me the order number and said that I was at event code 1100 as of today. Not having the codes in front of my I thought 1000 was like the preliminary order code and it went to 1100 once you had allocation until GM accepted the order at event code 2000. The dealer today said its a good sign, at least it's moving. Then I came home and chatted with GM and they told me that 1100 meant that the order was entered and once the dealer had allocation it would be accepted by GM, they couldn't give me any timeline for my order up to this point. I just don't understand why the salesman said 1100 as of today and yet that is the status I was led to believe I was at when I left the dealership on 2/16, order submitted, awaiting allocation. Waiting for a call back but starting to reach out to other dealers to see if anyone has available allocation.

1100 just means the dealer ordered and GM says yup we have it.  2000 means GM accepts it and you have allocation.  I could be wrong here but realistically the second you drop the order you should be at 1100.

Keep in mind updates dont occur until Thursdays.  I get updates Thursday afternoon so would assume it is early thursday, so I would save questions till Thursday or Friday.

Now in your case you wont move until you get allocation which I dont know when that stuff comes out.  I would be wrong here too but believe there is dealer allocation as in stuff they put on their lot and customer allocation which means sold orders, which the latter is better to have right now.

Edited by nards444

On 3/1/2021 at 12:27 PM, Wxman said:

Dealer is expecting delivery this Wednesday, 3 Mar.  Must help to be within truck distance and not need rail.

All bets are off.  Sales manager did call 1 Mar and said my truck was "on a truck and on the way".  He expected delivery 3 Mar.  GMC chat claimed then (still claims as of today) " vehicle has been produced, shipped and is currently in transit but does not show its current location or an estimated delivery time".

Dealer just says they "don't have eyes on it".  Starting to sound like an error someplace.  I am barely more than 300 miles from factory.

Hard to actually believe no one knows where it is.  Maybe they should ship FedEx :).

Just talked to my salesman today and he said I am at 3300 and expected build date of 3/15. Should get it sometime in April. Hope there are good incentives. I doubt to 0% financing will be extended another month. About color, there are 2 blues, a darker blue and pacific blue. I agree the darker is like black but hoping the pacific blue is more like an electric blue they had in the past.