In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Rozz522

Inventory and ordering lead times

I went to the dealer this weekend and had them type up my order for a 3500 HD CCLB. Sales guy said he can place orders on Tuesday and Thursday. I guess I will find out soon enough. I was told 6-10 weeks. This was on 2/6/21.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reg cab & chassis not being pickup for production I was told, gonna be long wait 

Edited by bruklnboy

Update on my order:  I signed the order papers with the dealer on January 9 for a GMC 3500HD Gas SLT 4wd SRW CC LB.  They told me the production and shipping (Seattle area) a few months ago had been taking about 8 weeks, but since they now had to order from their allocated trucks, there would be an additional 3 to 4 weeks waiting for an available allocation.  So far their estimate seems about right. 

Ordered at dealer 1/9/21

Status on 2/2 event code 1100

Status on 2/9 event code 2000

Status on 2/11 event code 3000, build week scheduled for week of 3/1

Edited by Another JR

Update on my order placed 1/23, it went to event code 2000 this week and nothing was on constraint for options. 

jhplak325 - you may have a build week assigned by now if you moved to 2000 this week (which would have occurred Monday)

I placed an order Monday (2/8/21) for a well equipped AT4 3500 SRW standard box. 

So far my dealer has gotten allocations, but they are not for AT4 trim level for HD trucks, and that includes the allocation release today. 

Guess I’ll be waiting until next Thursday and hoping the order can be submitted to GM. 

23 hours ago, Another JR said:

jhplak325 - you may have a build week assigned by now if you moved to 2000 this week (which would have occurred Monday)

As of yesterday I did not have a build week yet, I will be at the dealership this coming Tuesday with my wife’s Buick and plan on asking for an update. 

Order was placed last week and dealer today said it is currently at 2030 which means when next allocation shows up they will pull the order. He is guessing 7-10 days then a week after that will get a build date.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I ordered 12/28/2020 and last week it went to 1100... And still there... What is going on?

It's one of the higher volume places around me...

I'm in Canada if that makes a difference

I placed my order with the dealer yesterday for a 2500 crew LTZ gas. When I went in a couple weeks ago they had just filled their gas engine allocations for the week and they didn't get any for last week. They called me to come in and finalize the order because they were hopeful for a gas allocation tomorrow and were holding the next slot for me. We will see what happens from here. As for timeline, they estimated 10-12 weeks for my build but said some models are up to 26 weeks, which I assume means they won't be available until the new model year.

I put in an order for my truck at the beginning of this month (Feb) for a 3500 srw at4 diesel. Dealer said a safe window would be 3mo before I would see it. Fingers crossed it won't be longer than that. 

There were one or two trucks specd with the options I wanted locally, but they were either white or black (nothing against those colours) but I was dead set on the Pacific blue colour. Apparently colours other than the black and white aren't that popular? Seems odd. 

Edited by LoweredKlass

3 hours ago, LoweredKlass said:

I put in an order for my truck at the beginning of this month (Feb) for a 3500 srw at4 diesel. Dealer said a safe window would be 3mo before I would see it. Fingers crossed it won't be longer than that. 

There were one or two trucks specd with the options I wanted locally, but they were either white or black (nothing against those colours) but I was dead set on the Pacific blue colour. Apparently colours other than the black and white aren't that popular? Seems odd. 

I had the same order as you Pacific Blue AT4 3500 but I wanted a gasser, after waiting 4 weeks and hearing it could be 3-4 more months I bought a Diesel AT4 in black. In CO the only options are white and black for in stock inventory and I got the last black one in the area.

I ordered blue as well. Build week is March 1. 

On 2/11/2021 at 9:38 PM, cdh7917 said:

I placed an order Monday (2/8/21) for a well equipped AT4 3500 SRW standard box. 

So far my dealer has gotten allocations, but they are not for AT4 trim level for HD trucks, and that includes the allocation release today. 

Guess I’ll be waiting until next Thursday and hoping the order can be submitted to GM. 

Well, I have cancelled my original order and placed a new one at another dealer.  The new dealer has HD AT4 allocations.

New order placed on 2/15/21.  3500 AT4 SRW standard box.  All the same options as before with the addition of dual alternators.

Biggest change though was the switch from Pacific Blue Metallic to Cayenne Red Tintcoat.  The new dealer had a 2500 Denali in PBM.  I'm glad to have seen it because it left me unimpressed.  They had a 1500 Elevation and Denali Yukon in CRT.  It's a fantastic color.

Already sold my 2020 2500 AT4 in Dark Sky Metallic.  I'm truckless for at least the next 2-3 months.  😭

On 12/28 I ordered a 3500 diesel Z71 Sport LTZ in Hot Red, had been searching a 2000 radius for sports for weeks and only finding one.

Truck sat at 1100 till 2/11, went 2000, this week 2/17 went 3000 and tpw of 3/22.

Once it moves it moves.

I also wonder about dealers and the whole only order white/black trucks. Hot red is tough to find, especially well optioned.