Inventory and ordering lead times

I went to the dealer this weekend and had them type up my order for a 3500 HD CCLB. Sales guy said he can place orders on Tuesday and Thursday. I guess I will find out soon enough. I was told 6-10 weeks. This was on 2/6/21.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Update on my order:  I signed the order papers with the dealer on January 9 for a GMC 3500HD Gas SLT 4wd SRW CC LB.  They told me the production and shipping (Seattle area) a few months ago had been taking about 8 weeks, but since they now had to order from their allocated trucks, there would be an additional 3 to 4 weeks waiting for an available allocation.  So far their estimate seems about right. 

Ordered at dealer 1/9/21

Status on 2/2 event code 1100

Status on 2/9 event code 2000

Status on 2/11 event code 3000, build week scheduled for week of 3/1

Status on 3/2 event code 3400

Status on 3/8 event code 3800

Status on 3/9 event code 4200 shipped

Edited by Another JR
Updating progress of order

I placed an order Monday (2/8/21) for a well equipped AT4 3500 SRW standard box. 

So far my dealer has gotten allocations, but they are not for AT4 trim level for HD trucks, and that includes the allocation release today. 

Guess I’ll be waiting until next Thursday and hoping the order can be submitted to GM. 

23 hours ago, Another JR said:

jhplak325 - you may have a build week assigned by now if you moved to 2000 this week (which would have occurred Monday)

As of yesterday I did not have a build week yet, I will be at the dealership this coming Tuesday with my wife’s Buick and plan on asking for an update. 

I tried to buy a north sky blue Chevy 3500 LT off a lot in early December. After the test drive and while negotiating the deal, the salesman told me that someone just put a deposit on it online. It was a long bed, leather package, nice pickup. Whether he was lying or not who knows, but I walked when they tried to sell me a silver one with cloth buckets. Too much money to not get what I want. 

Anyway, I called a broker friend of mine, and he put in the order for me for basically the same pickup on Dec 29. Oxford brown, standard bed, 3500 Duramax LT, as loaded as you can get an LT. The update on Jan 18 that said you could no longer get leather on LT had me a little worried. He told me on Feb 6 that mine was about the only order he had that had net been canceled (mostly work models), but they reserved all the leather seats for LTZ models after Jan 18 for the rest of the model year. I could switch to cloth buckets and lose the interior convenience package or go for the LTZ for $4500 more. I just went for the LTZ. They built it last Saturday, I’m expecting to get it next Friday or early the following week. 

So, tldr version, approved preliminary order Dec 29, expecting to take delivery around Feb 20 after some tweaks. 7 weeks or so. 

Order was placed last week and dealer today said it is currently at 2030 which means when next allocation shows up they will pull the order. He is guessing 7-10 days then a week after that will get a build date.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I placed my order with the dealer yesterday for a 2500 crew LTZ gas. When I went in a couple weeks ago they had just filled their gas engine allocations for the week and they didn't get any for last week. They called me to come in and finalize the order because they were hopeful for a gas allocation tomorrow and were holding the next slot for me. We will see what happens from here. As for timeline, they estimated 10-12 weeks for my build but said some models are up to 26 weeks, which I assume means they won't be available until the new model year.

I put in an order for my truck at the beginning of this month (Feb) for a 3500 srw at4 diesel. Dealer said a safe window would be 3mo before I would see it. Fingers crossed it won't be longer than that. 

There were one or two trucks specd with the options I wanted locally, but they were either white or black (nothing against those colours) but I was dead set on the Pacific blue colour. Apparently colours other than the black and white aren't that popular? Seems odd. 

Edited by LoweredKlass

3 hours ago, LoweredKlass said:

I put in an order for my truck at the beginning of this month (Feb) for a 3500 srw at4 diesel. Dealer said a safe window would be 3mo before I would see it. Fingers crossed it won't be longer than that. 

There were one or two trucks specd with the options I wanted locally, but they were either white or black (nothing against those colours) but I was dead set on the Pacific blue colour. Apparently colours other than the black and white aren't that popular? Seems odd. 

I had the same order as you Pacific Blue AT4 3500 but I wanted a gasser, after waiting 4 weeks and hearing it could be 3-4 more months I bought a Diesel AT4 in black. In CO the only options are white and black for in stock inventory and I got the last black one in the area.