Inventory and ordering lead times

On 2/11/2021 at 9:38 PM, cdh7917 said:

I placed an order Monday (2/8/21) for a well equipped AT4 3500 SRW standard box. 

So far my dealer has gotten allocations, but they are not for AT4 trim level for HD trucks, and that includes the allocation release today. 

Guess I’ll be waiting until next Thursday and hoping the order can be submitted to GM. 

Well, I have cancelled my original order and placed a new one at another dealer.  The new dealer has HD AT4 allocations.

New order placed on 2/15/21.  3500 AT4 SRW standard box.  All the same options as before with the addition of dual alternators.

Biggest change though was the switch from Pacific Blue Metallic to Cayenne Red Tintcoat.  The new dealer had a 2500 Denali in PBM.  I'm glad to have seen it because it left me unimpressed.  They had a 1500 Elevation and Denali Yukon in CRT.  It's a fantastic color.

Already sold my 2020 2500 AT4 in Dark Sky Metallic.  I'm truckless for at least the next 2-3 months.  ?

On 12/28 I ordered a 3500 diesel Z71 Sport LTZ in Hot Red, had been searching a 2000 radius for sports for weeks and only finding one.

Truck sat at 1100 till 2/11, went 2000, this week 2/17 went 3000 and tpw of 3/22.

Once it moves it moves.

I also wonder about dealers and the whole only order white/black trucks. Hot red is tough to find, especially well optioned.

Another update. 

Order completed with dealer 22 Dec.  They told me they wouldn't have allocation for my order until week of 11 Jan.

I went to status 3000 accepted by production control week of 22 Jan

Status 3300 with TPW of 22 Feb week of 1 Feb

It was status 3400 broadcast to production by Mon the 22nd and is 3800 produced today.  Was told waiting for inspection and no ship estimate as of yet.

Gas, CC, 2500, SLT

Sold my 2006 Sierra VortecMax in the fall, been trying to figure out what would be a suitable replacement.

With every half ton now standard with cylinder shutoff, electric power steering, and other doodads I wanted no part of.. I pulled the trigger on a new 2500hd Chevy Silverado. It’s a 6,6 gasser WT with the Alaskan package and I ordered it with all the power/convenience packages, aux battery, few other things.

im I’m Thunder Bay , Ontario Canada. I ordered the truck on January 21 21, and it’s set for a build date of March 8, will be completed 6-8 weeks after that date.

will be worth the wait, I feel it’s a happy medium truck in the 3/4 ton truck segment.

Chatted with my dealer today, and they finally just got two allocations for AT4 HD's.  Both are were spoken for, for factory orders (mine being one of them).

Only snag, which others have touched on, is the high clearance step - which are back ordered, with no estimate on when they will be getting more.  I had two options, keep the truck spec'd as is, but swap out the high clearance steps for the power folding steps, OR remove the premium plus package in which the high clearance steps are a part of, then re-build the truck to have all the options from the package piece by piece.

End of the day, I decided to just opt for the power steps.  I've already been waiting close to a month just for an allocation, I figured screw it... and went for the 'upgraded' steps.

Only other fly in the ointment, is the computer chip shortage that seems to be plaguing not just vehicle manufactures, but anything else that requires these chips.  Although they did say that if they do not have the chips at the time when they get to building the truck (and whatever else is on the line) they will complete the build, then install said chip(s) once they get them.  

Fingers crossed it will only be another 6 weeks till I get to see her! 

6 hours ago, GMC4Zee said:

I orderd mine on Jan 30th. 3500AT4 PBM gasser. Just got update that the build date is 3/18. How are you guys getting the codes to know where you are in the system? From dealer?

The dealer and you can ask GMC chat. 

On 2/24/2021 at 1:54 PM, Wxman said:

Another update. 

Order completed with dealer 22 Dec.  They told me they wouldn't have allocation for my order until week of 11 Jan.

I went to status 3000 accepted by production control week of 22 Jan

Status 3300 with TPW of 22 Feb week of 1 Feb

It was status 3400 broadcast to production by Mon the 22nd and is 3800 produced today.  Was told waiting for inspection and no ship estimate as of yet.

Gas, CC, 2500, SLT

Dealer is expecting delivery this Wednesday, 3 Mar.  Must help to be within truck distance and not need rail.

Ordered a Silverado 2500 Duramax, Crew, Midnight Sport on 27 FEB.  Or went live I guess so Im guessing in the 1100 series.  Dealer had an allocation and he seemed somewhat confident in things and what he was talking about.  He quoted me at 8 weeks but said everything he has ordered is 2-3 weeks behind.  Supposed to get weekly updates and we will see if there is any constraints issues coming up.

Oddly enough I order most and around here our dealers are small town but would say they are average sized maybe little small, it seems through out the years through other constraints issues they have never had an issue.

Edited by nards444

17 hours ago, nards444 said:

Went to 3000 today with a TPW of 3 MAY. 

Interesting.... Looking at the earlier posts in this thread the trend has been that TPW is quoted at about a month out once you reach 3000. You are being quoted double that.

18 minutes ago, Rozz522 said:

Interesting.... Looking at the earlier posts in this thread the trend has been that TPW is quoted at about a month out once you reach 3000. You are being quoted double that.

Yeah I dont know.  I thought I went to 3000 rarely quickly less than a week.  In the past looks like some sat at 1100 for a while then moved then got a 3000.  Difference maybe to is I didnt have some of the contraints issues like AT4s, and I had an actual real customer allocation not dealer.  Who knows. 

Also was told based on messaging that may slide up or down depending.  3000 indicates all parts are there for the build which is a good sign.  So maybe GM closing some other plants and their focus on trucks that number might get better.  Im ok with it,  I really dont want the truck till June anyways

Edited by nards444

2 minutes ago, nards444 said:

Yeah I dont know.  I thought I went to 3000 rarely quickly less than a week.  In the past looks like some sat at 1100 for a while then moved then got a 3000.  Difference maybe to is I didnt have some of the contraints issues like AT4s, and I had an actual real customer allocation not dealer.  Who knows. 

You did get to 3000 quickly, there's no doubt about that. I for one am still at 1100 after 2 weeks and 3 allocation cycles. With that said, I have yet to see a TPW in April and it just makes me nervous that they are suddenly another month out. The closest example I can find is cdh7917 who ordered on 2/15, went to 3300 on 2/25 and a TPW of 3/29. Based on your order date I would have expected you to be somewhere in the first two weeks of April. I understand that you don't have the answer, I'm just making an observation as someone who is still at 1100 and was expecting my truck sometime in May.