Inventory and ordering lead times

Based on my understanding they don't hit the gmc inventory site till they are built and ready to ship. It just takes a while to ship sometimes depending on your location. A 2021 2500 AT4 popped up at our local GMC dealers website and my brother put a deposit on it the next day and he and the dealer didn't know when it would show up. It was unexpectedly delivered a week later to his surprise. Cross your fingers!

• 3 weeks later...

Got word from my dealer that my truck arrived on the lot the other day! 

Figures, as I've been working out of town for a few weeks now, but have planned a trip home this weekend to take delivery.

The wife even cruised down to the dealer to snap a few pics for me - can't wait!

IMG-20210509-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20210509-WA0005.jpg

On 4/23/2021 at 6:17 AM, nards444 said:

The way things are going , watching the market and the news.  I dont see much changing in the next six months possibly more.  If you want something you almost take what you can get.

That is the way I looked at it as well. I was trying to find a white or blue AT4 with the gas engine but didn't have much luck. I found a 2021 High County Silverado HD a couple hours away and jumped on it. I have always been a GMC guy but this High Country front end is really growing on me.

I placed my order for a GMC 2500 Sierra, 4X4 Regular cab long bed 13 weeks ago. GMC has Yet to accept my order..

"Order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time".. Guess GM does not want my money.

23 hours ago, Mounty said:

I placed my order for a GMC 2500 Sierra, 4X4 Regular cab long bed 13 weeks ago. GMC has Yet to accept my order..

"Order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time".. Guess GM does not want my money.

They have more orders than they can deliver......

Friend is a die-hard RAM guy and its the same thing with them, he wants a 2021 Ram Ecodiesel and the dealers tell him, impossible to predict when they will accept the order.  Not only is the OEM constrained, their suppliers are constrained at being able to supply the demand.  It seems the big problem a lot of companies are have it getting qualified people to work.  My nephew works in production for a big CNC parts supplier (mostly to powersports industry), says they have jobs up the ying-yang but no one looking.  Todays generation don't want to work, they want free gov't money.

Edited by elcamino

I just signed the docs last week on a 21 Sierra 1500 Elev Duramax. The dealer had super low inventory and fortunately they had one I like fresh off the line in Mexico. I found out today its sitting in Port Hueneme but the Event Code is 6000? Doesnt that mean delivered to customer? Anyone know how long it takes these days to get from Port to the dealer in Cali?

7 hours ago, Campin5 said:

Anybody aware how employee orders are received?  My order status is still showing that it is not picked up by GM, that’s it’s waiting allocation.  However my dealer says it doesn’t come out of their allocation, and it should be pulled in shortly into production.  
 Does that even make sense?  Thanks 

NO, its BS.

I checked with a friend who knows and he says, yes needs allocation. Process is same as every other vehicle. No preference for employee orders, only on delivered price.

Edited by elcamino

I got tired of waiting and hearing all these stories.  Wanted an AT4 with tech pkg.  Found a 3500 Denali Ultimate priced the same as my AT4.  Considering they are the same exact vehicle except for the seats, the exterior color being specific to the Denali trim, and the sunroof I pulled the trigger.  700 miles later I had my truck back home.  

9C63C93E-21AD-436A-8879-80C188D46155.jpeg