Inventory and ordering lead times

4 hours ago, Cheddar said:

I had a 2021 3500HD Midnight Edition which has now been moved to a 2022. The truck is an LT with Leather and convenience package 2 with .the 5th wheel gooseneck option. The constraints on it are the safety package lane assist  and cross traffic safety. problem is if you try to remove those features it removes the Midnight Edition Package which is what I really want. So the dilemma is settle for something of a lesser truck or continue to wait for what I want. This issue has already cost me more in the long run than it should have and has ruined many vacation plans. Other issue of being forced to a 2022 is any rebates will not apply more than likely.

THings are always different.  But I ordered that truck in FEB, shows in MAY.  Its the midnight with CONV 1 not two and no leather.  I added Katz skinz leather at the dealer for the same price as the factory option and the seats are actually nicer

4 hours ago, Cheddar said:

I had a 2021 3500HD Midnight Edition which has now been moved to a 2022. The truck is an LT with Leather and convenience package 2 with .the 5th wheel gooseneck option. The constraints on it are the safety package lane assist  and cross traffic safety. problem is if you try to remove those features it removes the Midnight Edition Package which is what I really want. So the dilemma is settle for something of a lesser truck or continue to wait for what I want. This issue has already cost me more in the long run than it should have and has ruined many vacation plans. Other issue of being forced to a 2022 is any rebates will not apply more than likely.

My situation is I have a 2015 Chevy 2500HD with with the 6.0L and 36k miles in excellent condition.  It's been a great truck and does what I need it to.  With the current demand for used trucks my plan is to sell it and use the money for a down payment on a new 2022 GMC 3500HD.  I figure that will allow me to get the new one for the same or lower payment that I have now on the 2015.  Only thing is I need to coordinate selling the '15 just before the '22 comes in so I am not without a vehicle for too long.  I could get by for a week or so but I don't want it to be several weeks.  I want to sell it outright which will get me at least a few thousand dollars more over trading it in.  Timing is everything on the sale of the '15 and also estimating when the '22 will land.  At this point my dealer hasn't received an allocation for it so I am still at the starting gate.

The '15 has everything I need but there are a few options it doesn't have that I would like.  Also the additional HP/torque of the 6.6L gasser over the 6.0L gasser would be nice when pulling our travel trailer and it would be nice to have a new truck with a warranty and updated tech and drivetrain.  We'll see.  There are several things that could blow up my plan but because I have a nice truck now I won't be devastated.  I wasn't looking to upgrade until the market went sideways and used trucks started selling for top dollar.

I pulled the trigger on a 21 Silverado 2500 LT gas burner yesterday. It's in transit supposed to be at the dealership by Monday. I traded a 2020 Sierra 1500 SLT 4WD Premium plus with 45K miles. My Truck MSRP was $53285. Dealer gave me GM Supplier Discount plus $1000 Costco Rebate. Got me down to $49,291 OTD. They gave me 49500 for my trade which is $4500 more than I paid. Pretty happy with my deal and my dealer is local so I didn't have to travel far. I missed out on 2 other trucks in the last 2 weeks that were in transit to the dealer but getting bought sight unseen. 

10 minutes ago, lsufan1971 said:

I pulled the trigger on a 21 Silverado 2500 LT gas burner yesterday. It's in transit supposed to be at the dealership by Monday. I traded a 2020 Sierra 1500 SLT 4WD Premium plus with 45K miles. My Truck MSRP was $53285. Dealer gave me GM Supplier Discount plus $1000 Costco Rebate. Got me down to $49,291 OTD. They gave me 49500 for my trade which is $4500 more than I paid. Pretty happy with my deal and my dealer is local so I didn't have to travel far. I missed out on 2 other trucks in the last 2 weeks that were in transit to the dealer but getting bought sight unseen. 

Isufan, congrats on the new ride!  How did you end up finding the truck?  Looking under inventory on Chevy.com or Autotrader or something like that?  I would pull the trigger in a hot minute on a 21 if I could find what I am looking for but I am so damn picky about options and packages.  I wish I had a dollar for every minute I've spent on GMC.com looking at inventories and on Autotrader.  I also need to get flexible on how it's optioned.  I keep looking for a truck randomly built exactly like the one I spec'd out and that aint gonna happen....I don't think.  Anyway, post some pics when you get your new ride. 

1 hour ago, lsufan1971 said:

I used the gm supplier discount website. You can put in the options you want and sort by your zip code. It shows in stock and in transit stock.

GM supplier inventory lookup

Thanks!  I'll check it daily along with the GMC.com inventory.  Looks like the supplier site might have a few more trucks.  Since they stopped making the 21s already I'm not super confident I'll find many more new ones show up.  They have to be showing some 22s in inventory soon I would think.

On 7/23/2021 at 2:48 PM, 03 Cobra said:

My situation is I have a 2015 Chevy 2500HD with with the 6.0L and 36k miles in excellent condition.  It's been a great truck and does what I need it to.  With the current demand for used trucks my plan is to sell it and use the money for a down payment on a new 2022 GMC 3500HD.  I figure that will allow me to get the new one for the same or lower payment that I have now on the 2015.  Only thing is I need to coordinate selling the '15 just before the '22 comes in so I am not without a vehicle for too long.  I could get by for a week or so but I don't want it to be several weeks.  I want to sell it outright which will get me at least a few thousand dollars more over trading it in.  Timing is everything on the sale of the '15 and also estimating when the '22 will land.  At this point my dealer hasn't received an allocation for it so I am still at the starting gate.

The '15 has everything I need but there are a few options it doesn't have that I would like.  Also the additional HP/torque of the 6.6L gasser over the 6.0L gasser would be nice when pulling our travel trailer and it would be nice to have a new truck with a warranty and updated tech and drivetrain.  We'll see.  There are several things that could blow up my plan but because I have a nice truck now I won't be devastated.  I wasn't looking to upgrade until the market went sideways and used trucks started selling for top dollar.

Car market is for sure crazy I found a 2020 2500 AT4 GMC today with 23,000 miles at a dealer today. started talking to the sales rep and the price is 74,000 . I sat down and built the same truck with him in the showroom as a 2022 and low and behold the new one had a MSRP of 69,000. I asked the salesman why would I pay 5,000 more for a 2 year old truck with that mileage when you can order a new one. His response was supply and demand they would not budge on the price he stated somebody out there will pay the inflated price and he will make a better commission. Needless to say I will continue to wait for mine to be built. 

1 hour ago, Cheddar said:

Car market is for sure crazy I found a 2020 2500 AT4 GMC today with 23,000 miles at a dealer today. started talking to the sales rep and the price is 74,000 . I sat down and built the same truck with him in the showroom as a 2022 and low and behold the new one had a MSRP of 69,000. I asked the salesman why would I pay 5,000 more for a 2 year old truck with that mileage when you can order a new one. His response was supply and demand they would not budge on the price he stated somebody out there will pay the inflated price and he will make a better commission. Needless to say I will continue to wait for mine to be built. 

We need to get the Admins to start a special thread for people that have 22s on order so we can have everyone's tracking information in one easy to find location.  Are you guys in?!  How do we do that?

I sold my 2017 Denali HD 2 weeks ago and ordered a 2022 AT4 HD with all the packages.  Got a call from the dealer today order was going in but the AT4 premium package along with technology pack is not available now to the chip issue.  So strange so you lose all the cameras, front warning, heads up display and all.  God this has become a mess.  Anyone else hearing the same thing.

RLCC,

I think I am having the same issue.  I posted this on the "The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra" thread : (I will paste it as I can't figure out how to link on this forum software):

Can someone point me to the answer to my production questions?

I ordered a 2022 Sierra 3500HS LTE double cab, long bed.  They gave me a set of pages listing the build that looked like a variant off the GM web site format.  A few days later I made a couple changes and they sent back pages in a different format that I believe is the output from the dealer's ordering group entry into the GM production database (I am calling it the GM database..it is probably called something different).  Looking over this second set of pages I found many missing options.

After another session at the dealer, it appears that when the order is entered in the GM database, the components to a package that will actually be included at that time are chosen by GM.  For example, Driver Alert I or 2, may only have some of the components you believe will be included from their sales literature.  In my case such items as Rear Cross Traffic Alert (UFG), Lane Departure Warning (UFL) and many more are not included.  WOW!  The cost of a package is less because components are missing but still that does not help me meet my requirements.

Is it a weekly crap shoot to have the dealer review the order every week to see if it can be locked in when all the components are offered for a package?  What should be expected these days ordering a truck?

DOSP - Dealer Order Submission Process

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.  (A Constraint is a limit placed on specific build configurations.)

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints.)

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated, if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review - You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the accepted orders are sent to production control.

13 hours ago, mobilelists said:

RLCC,

I think I am having the same issue.  I posted this on the "The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra" thread : (I will paste it as I can't figure out how to link on this forum software):

Can someone point me to the answer to my production questions?

I ordered a 2022 Sierra 3500HS LTE double cab, long bed.  They gave me a set of pages listing the build that looked like a variant off the GM web site format.  A few days later I made a couple changes and they sent back pages in a different format that I believe is the output from the dealer's ordering group entry into the GM production database (I am calling it the GM database..it is probably called something different).  Looking over this second set of pages I found many missing options.

After another session at the dealer, it appears that when the order is entered in the GM database, the components to a package that will actually be included at that time are chosen by GM.  For example, Driver Alert I or 2, may only have some of the components you believe will be included from their sales literature.  In my case such items as Rear Cross Traffic Alert (UFG), Lane Departure Warning (UFL) and many more are not included.  WOW!  The cost of a package is less because components are missing but still that does not help me meet my requirements.

Is it a weekly crap shoot to have the dealer review the order every week to see if it can be locked in when all the components are offered for a package?  What should be expected these days ordering a truck?

This crazy situation puts those of us that are trying to buy a new 22 HD truck in a very bizarre position.  We need to consider things like what does incomplete option packages do to resale value or lease turn in value?  Or, are we ok settling to get a truck now, or should we wait until trucks are complete again.  I have my dealer waiting to place an order for a mostly loaded GMC 3500HD SLE.  I have selected the Drivers Alert Package 1 but not Drivers Alert Package 2.  Drivers Alert 1 is shown below.  Just like mobilelists said above I have a dealer print out from a few months ago that shows Drivers Alert 1 and everything that goes with it.  When they finally get an allocation that I can grab I wonder what the updated print out will show.  See below for what's included at least on the GMC website.  I am halfway thinking that I should consider an optioned base model instead and at least get a complete truck even if it's not the loaded SLE I was hoping for.

image.png.80fd354aa96c6b54983973d8ebc67ed1.png

1 hour ago, 03 Cobra said:

This crazy situation puts those of us that are trying to buy a new 22 HD truck in a very bizarre position.  We need to consider things like what does incomplete option packages do to resale value or lease turn in value?  Or, are we ok settling to get a truck now, or should we wait until trucks are complete again.  I have my dealer waiting to place an order for a mostly loaded GMC 3500HD SLE.  I have selected the Drivers Alert Package 1 but not Drivers Alert Package 2.  Drivers Alert 1 is shown below.  Just like mobilelists said above I have a dealer print out from a few months ago that shows Drivers Alert 1 and everything that goes with it.  When they finally get an allocation that I can grab I wonder what the updated print out will show.  See below for what's included at least on the GMC website.  I am halfway thinking that I should consider an optioned base model instead and at least get a complete truck even if it's not the loaded SLE I was hoping for.

image.png.80fd354aa96c6b54983973d8ebc67ed1.png

Lease doesnt matter, but yes you might affect trade in down the road.  but then again we arent talking work trucks, and your trade at the end of the day should coincide with what you paid.

I ordered in FEB and CONV 2 wasnt there on my LT.  Truck came in 8 weeks.  Dealer figured if I had an LTZ or anything else I wouldnt have gotten the truck.

hey guys... curious about what you would do.  I have two options and trying to figure out which one to go with..

#1) a Sierra Denali Diesel with basically everything I wanted, including color, on order from a dealer with an Event Code 3000 (no TPW), dealer things it will be here in 6-8 weeks.

#2) a Sierra Denali Diesel also with basically everything I wanted but my least desired color.  On order from a different deal, also an Event Code 3000 but with a TPW three weeks from now.

I bought land which get possession of in early September so I really don't want to risk having to wait until something like late October or later for the truck.  Based on what I've read on here, seems like once you hit Event Code 3000 there's limited risk of huge delays and it's pretty safe to assume the TPW will be within about 4 weeks and that from there it can be about 4 weeks until the truck gets delivered.  If that's the case I'd go with option #1.  Any thoughts we be appreciated.

Edited by keerf