Inventory and ordering lead times

Here is the email I received today from the "Resolution" team at GM:

I appreciate the time you have taken to reach out to the Executive Resolutions Team regarding your concerns with your 2022 Chevrolet Silverado.  I’ve escalated this order to our logistics team and am awaiting additional updates.  The vehicle has now moved to the Vehicle Distribution Center, so things are starting to move in the right direction.  I’ll continue to provide status updates as I get them to alert you of vehicle movement.  The reference number is 9-7625483043.

I invite you to call me at the number listed below.  You may also reach me by replying to the history of this email.

We shall see what happens next.  
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 7:35 AM, Cheddar said:

I am curious if anyone has received their truck from the Flint plant and how long it took from build date to delivery? Mine was ordered March 2021 and Built November 2021 as a complete build and is in transit lost status. It is going on almost 6 months since it was built and has yet to arrive at my dealer. Just wondering what others experiences are. I live close to Flint and see trucks moving on haulers all day but no luck on mine yet getting to my dealer.

GMC 3500 drw out of Flint plant. Build date of 10/21, drove it home 12/15/21.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:53 AM, sheath said:

Would be interested to know if anyone who ordered after February has had their trucks go into the "parking lots of forgotten".

search youtube for 3500 Midnight Edition you will find a guy reviewing his already 7 weeks from Order to Delivery "Mikes Garage" Crazy I am entering 14 months since my initial Order.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, Brummie99 said:

I found this on another forum:

http://k0jdd.netlogger.org/VehicleStatus.php

For my VIN, it shows a build date of Feb 22nd, Bayed on March 18th and status is currently "on hold"

I believe the on-hold status is due to the Stop-sell order for the Duramax motors.

GM chat says it's "In transit" but dealer can't offer anything.

My weekly email update on Tuesday said "I was advised by our Order Team that your vehicle is still in Flint MI undergoing quality inspection"

Another truck in no-man's land.

Interesting my vin shows Bayed on January 25th vehicle status is "Picked" unsure what that means

On 4/29/2022 at 10:19 PM, gemarsh said:

Any way of finding the day a truck was built by a vin?

Mine was built 11/10/2021 my dealer provided me that and the same date was given to me by the GM Exec team rep. 

Code 4200 as of today...whoo hoo...progress....Dealer said truck is on the rail  train car and "should" be arriving in about two weeks.  A little more excited...but have heard news like this before.

Maybe reaching out to the Resource Team helped me some.

Fingers crossed.  

Checking in to see if anyone has had their nightmare come to an end yet. This Friday will be 8 months waiting for GM just to accept my order. I'm starting to get a lot pissed off and considering taking a different path, which pisses me off further. 

So, nothing new to report! if anything changes I'll run here first to provide some encouragement for everyone. 

Being in sales I've always said I[m the easiest person to sell to because I know what I want and am low maintenance but this is beyond anyone's practical patience. 

It's not the wait as much as it is the complete lack of information from anyone. It's not the dealer I can tell you that, it's 100% GM. On the bright side, I'm glad I'm not a freshy parent with babies to feed- mothers can't find baby formula so I guess there's not much to bich about over a truck. 

• Like 2

Got some sort of exciting news just now. My buddy placed an order Jan 5th - His dealer just got an allocation for his spec - He ordered a 2500 Custom LB ext cab. His guy told him GM should pick up the order in day or 2 and told him about 7 weeks for delivery. 

The crappy part of this is, the salesman promised him a truck end of March, middle April at the latest - guaranteed him as much. I told him that was a flat out lie in Jan. 

So, the question about high end Chev/GMC HD's vs customs/LT's??? Doesn't appear to be any pattern to any of this. Last year another bud of mine waited 8 months for a 1500 High Country. A lot of it has to be what dealers had in their pipeline of orders I believe and some showed up that just happened to match up.   

Great news all!  Looks like after waiting just over 11 months for my truck, looking like it will be delivered to the dealer next week, ready for me to pick it up by next Saturday.!!!!

More details to come.

Lee

• Like 3