Vinyl wrap for Sonoma jewel metallic?

• 4 weeks later...

So I went ahead and ordered 8 samples of every burgundy metallic wrap I could find on the market and there’s only one that can pass for close.

Here’s a comparison picture between all candidate colours. Yes some are out to lunch, some advertised colours did not match real product.

Clear winner is 4th sample from left. ORACAL Series 970RA High Gloss Red Brown Metallic Vinyl Wrap Film W/Rapid Air | 970RA-369.

68ea3c5102807bdb3e18aede2e243327.jpg

Here is a picture with strong direct sunlight. As you can see doesn’t quite get as red, stays a little more orange.
c9b2c7f0a7989ec494a2295ddc7d6a96.jpg

Here is a picture in lower light conditions. Camera seemed to pick up a bigger difference than my eye. Lower light the vinyl doesn’t get quite as dark as paint.
4847644d8dc6ce50dfe84494f656644d.jpg

4f06be4fd730eb3366b1e445ccb57473.jpg
5966a636489005c235342b58473226f1.jpg
514eaff7291b9cee6cd965806e8e421a.jpg
Overall I’m very happy with the colour. It is more than close enough for me to pull the trigger. I have placed an order and plan on wrapping bumpers and grill soon. Stay tuned. Hope this helps the Sonoma red guys and gals out there that were wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I kind of liked the far left, and the far right, but then again it is not my truck.....

Do really like the color of your truck though, think it started back with the 50th anniversary Corvettes, FIL had a 2004 RCSB in the "same" color of that era, was a great looking truck!

I kind of liked the far left, and the far right, but then again it is not my truck.....

Do really like the color of your truck though, think it started back with the 50th anniversary Corvettes, FIL had a 2004 RCSB in the "same" color of that era, was a great looking truck!

Love the colour of my truck. All I’m trying to accomplish is colour match the bumpers with vinyl.

Love the colour of my truck. All I’m trying to accomplish is colour match the bumpers with vinyl.

I dig the color. Look like the one you picked will work just fine. We need to see more pics of your truck.[emoji3166]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I dig the color. Look like the one you picked will work just fine. We need to see more pics of your truck.[emoji3166]

Sure thing! Here you guys go! I’ve got the whole chrome accent thing going on but in my opinion the bumpers is just too much so I wanted to take some chrome away. Like a denali I guess. e12d96edeae757bc09fe7f4c83229945.jpg
8c1a28ad05e060c8d2d8c95f781a83bb.jpg
ffa99f2253d20ab33d5dad136c085f8e.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Justin14Sierra said:

Completely agree, not a big fan of a large chrome bumper all by itself either. Not mine, just an example.

See the source image

Thanks mister.

That there is a 2020 Camaro ZL1 6spd in its natural habitat here in a Canadian winter.

I thought so. It don't get much better than a ZL1. Have you left it stock?I
Are you just wrapping the bumpers or are you getting rid of all the chrome?
I actually like it the way it is with the chrome but thats just me. I think if you do the bumpers you have to do everything. It would look killer 100% color matched.

Right guys?