In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

AlexB

3.0 Duramax upgrades selling?

My S&B intake said it shipped yesterday, i plan on posting when i get it in next week. I dont think any customers have it installed yet. 

4 minutes ago, Lucely Engineered said:

My S&B intake said it shipped yesterday, i plan on posting when i get it in next week. I dont think any customers have it installed yet. 

Did you order it direct?  Says backordered on their site.

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

Did you order it direct?  Says backordered on their site.

https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p-sb-75-5137-cold-air-intake-2020-gm-1500-duramax-30l-lm2

Ordered from here. Looks like it replaces more of the stock system than the AFE. This has a pipe that goes all the way to the turbo. The AFE looks like its just part of it. 

Looks like its 95% noise gained.  GM seems to have done a good job on this engine seeing AFE picked up hardly any power.  

Just now, newdude said:

Looks like its 95% noise gained.  GM seems to have done a good job on this engine seeing AFE picked up hardly any power.  

Strictly speaking for AFE? Or also the S&B?

S&B has the installation instructions up on their site now. Should be soon. Can't wait to order one. I love their intakes. The full runner tube will definitely help over the OEM restricted one.

https://www.sbfilters.com/75-5137install

40 minutes ago, newdude said:

People just gotta spend...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, newdude said:

16 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

I'd say that the reason AFE didn't pickup more gains is they don't replace the entire intake tube. The OEM tube is pretty restrictive as it is on almost all GM engines.

1 hour ago, It's Tim said:

Some people just like modifying their vehicles and some dont.

Anyway..

I'm looking at this also:

https://afepower.com/afe-power-77-44014-scorcher-hd-power-module

That combined with the S&B CAI, might get me closer to 300hp and 500tq at the motor.   not bad for towing my travel trailer or Camaro on a trailer.

Another option for tuning also and its out:

https://www.agdieselsolutions.com/product/21800/

8 hours ago, Lucely Engineered said:

Just ordered it.  

Why does one have to eliminate the air filter life gauge on the DIC, using the S&B cold air?

1 hour ago, gemarsh said:

Why does one have to eliminate the air filter life gauge on the DIC, using the S&B cold air?

That's what I was wondering. The only thing I could think of is the extra flow of the filter would trip the "Service Filter" alert.

S&B now shows their intake in stock. When my tax refund comes in, I plan on getting one. 

Anyone have one of the S&B intakes yet and have any review of it?

Excited to hear feedback and videos of the s&b. I'd like to get one but will wait until spring since I'm not installing it in the cold haha.