3.0 Duramax upgrades selling?

Anyone who installs an intake that replaces the stock intake tube should feel a nice bump in throttle response and mid range power. Couldn't tell if anything was gained on the top end. That is the biggest restriction in my opinion. I noticed an immediate improvement when I replaced the stock tube with larger diameter tubing and a smoother track. It's not drastict but enough to definitely notice before and after and I used the same stock air filter before and after with no other changes at that time.

I would only assume that with the huge filters that come with the s&b that would help even more. But like others have said it needs to be dynoed to see just how much it's helping at WOT.

Edited by dram1983361

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 2:27 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

https://afepower.com/afe-power-50-70064t-momentum-hd-cold-air-intake-system-w-pro-10r-filter

AFE states a 45% increase in air flow and a 7 hp increase in power. Let that dwell in the gray matter awhile. 

100% of the current flow produces 277 hp and an additional 45% only 7 hp. 

Any lightbulb turn on yet? 

They advertised 45% Increase in air flow not 45% additional hp.  Big difference in saying this pipe vs that pipe can flow 45% more air and saying 45% more power gain (which they never said).  

3 minutes ago, Timayz said:

They advertised 45% Increase in air flow not 45% additional hp.  Big difference in saying this pipe vs that pipe can flow 45% more air and saying 45% more power gain (which they never said).  

Then I hope you will understand that I was pointing out that the factory system is pretty well matched to the tune of this motor. A 45% gain in flow only gave a 2.5% increase in power. That is likely within the statistical limits of the dyno's repeatability. 

On 10/03/2021 at 13:07, Timayz said:

Eles anunciaram um aumento de 45% no fluxo de ar, não 45% de HP adicional. Grande diferença em dizer que este tubo versus aquele tubo pode fluir 45% mais ar e dizer 45% mais ganho de potência (o que eles nunca disseram).  

Correct me if I'm wrong. the turbo is not electronic? if it is electronic, it pulls oxygen that the engine needs. what is the importance of having 45% more air flow, if the turbo cannot pull? this would be useful if there was a remap for it.

The biggest benefit to a cai on these trucks should be to reduce the accelerator tip in pedal delay.  The truck has to wait for the turbo to spool up before giving the extra fuel to get moving for emissions. The cai helps the turbo spool up faster cutting down on the pedal delay

Edited by Inacanyon