truck order delay

blckblt

For those of you that have a truck on order or are placing an order soon be aware that there is a delay/hold if you order the truck with either the AT4 high clearance running boards or the offroad running boards.  This seems to be the case when ordering them if they are part of a package (AT4 Premium package) or as a separate add on.

My dealer had to modify my order.  Removed the premium package and replaced with the value package (same options just the value doesn't have the high clearance running board).  Also adding the offroad running board put the order on delay.  When I initially placed the order the value package didn't exist.  My salesman had to work with his GMC rep to figure out what the hold up was.  Other trucks they ordered about 2 weeks before mine had already been delivered and sold.

My truck was originally ordered on Nov 23.  There were constraints on the duramax first and then the running boards.....  Once the offroad steps are in stock I will order them.  My son (special needs) can't get in the truck without some type of step.

Edited by blckblt

Just chatted with gmc on my truck order that was put in originally in November with the AT4 package  and all the other packages, and the 6.2L.  This was taking forever so I switched the motor to the duramax in January.  They just told me today my build is scheduled the first week in March.  I hope this holds true.

18 hours ago, Tom383 said:

Just chatted with gmc on my truck order that was put in originally in November with the AT4 package  and all the other packages, and the 6.2L.  This was taking forever so I switched the motor to the duramax in January.  They just told me today my build is scheduled the first week in March.  I hope this holds true.

I currently have the 6.2 and before I ordered the 3.0 I test drove one.  I was very surprised at how well it drove and the power/responsiveness was very good.  Not as good as the 6.2 but with basically all the torque available at 1500 it is very good.  Plus the MPG is a huge increase.

There's all kinds of constraints on right now as suppliers are having a lot of problems (boards, tonneau covers, certain options inside the truck, etc). Packages requiring the HD radio are limited, so that includes options like advanced trailering app, Bose system, etc.  Computer chips/capacitors are short supply for all manufacturer's right now.  Plus, GM just announced the Mexico Siloa plant is down due to Mexico having a shortage of natural gas, with no return to work date yet. That will slow production even more.

I was told yesterday while at the dealerships, the Ford and GMC truck plants were temporarily down, with the Silverado still running for now, with an approximate 15 week wait if ordering right now. 

The Ram plant I can't confirm their truck production status.  With the above issues posted, it was still the umbrella of COVID, adding to the mix of unsurety.  

The Corvette plant had just started back again, with a 18 month wait time. A guy standing there, waiting to receive his, mentioned he had ordered his 2020 Vette, back in November 2019.

FWIW, I'm so on the fence between the 3.0L and 6.2L. The one looming concern with the 3.0L, is the 150k service.