Cargo Bed Light Operation

Exterior light function depends on how many times the the Cargo Lamp button is pressed: 

If you have tow mirrors, the LED's in the mirrors also operated, as is the light in the tailgate handle that shines on the hitch area. 

Basically,

first press is all on,

second press shuts off mirror lights and leaves the rest on

third press is all off

Exterior Cargo Lamps

The cargo lamps provide more light in the cargo area or on the sides of the vehicle, if needed.

The lamps inside the pickup box, in the tailgate handle, for the hitch, and/or the cargo mirror lamps also turn on, if equipped.

If the vehicle is in P (Park), R (Reverse), or N (Neutral) the Cargo Lamp Switch causes the lights to cycle through the following states for each button press:

Initial Press:
- CHMSL/Cargo Bed Lights - On
- Cargo Mirror Lights - On
- Cargo Switch Indicator (if equipped) - On

Next Press: (if with in 5 seconds of the previous button press):
- CHMSL/Cargo Bed Lights - On
- Cargo Mirror Lights - Off
- Cargo Switch Indicator (if equipped) - On

Next Press:
- CHMSL/Cargo Bed Lights - Off
- Cargo Mirror Lights - Off
- Cargo Switch Indicator (if equipped) - Off

Well...  it didn’t work.  I installed the Rigid lights in the bumper and tied them into the bed lights....  when I hit the cargo light switch,  the bed lights blink twice (not the cargo lamp) .  And then the bed lights shut off.  As do my Rigid lights I just installed.  I assume the system is to smart and feels to much draw?

any suggestions?  I really do t want to run a whole new circuit.

3 hours ago, Xterrable said:

Well...  it didn’t work.  I installed the Rigid lights in the bumper and tied them into the bed lights....  when I hit the cargo light switch,  the bed lights blink twice (not the cargo lamp) .  And then the bed lights shut off.  As do my Rigid lights I just installed.  I assume the system is to smart and feels to much draw?

any suggestions?  I really do t want to run a whole new circuit.

You could run a fused 12v wire to a relay and have your cargo light switch control the relay. I don't know which wire it is, but there should be full time 12v in the trailer harness.