2021 AT4 Carbon pro 6.2L

I have a 2020.  Great truck, that 6.2 hauls arse.  I added the Kicker sub to round out the stock Bose.  It definitely helps but might be upgrading the remaining speakers soon (not specific to the CP but FYI anyway). Like somebody posted above, not as many options for bed accessories but if you only want a tonneau, you'll be ok.  No regrets here.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:13 PM, Philbert said:

I'm sure there are a few, and if it starts leaking, it will need to fixed by the dealer.  No problem

I wouldn't discard this issue so quickly. Go read the 280+ pages of the rear window leak thread to see how "the dealer will fix it" works out. 

Not badgering you, just trying to help you make a realistic decision about getting a 2021 or waiting until 2022. 

I'm in a similar position... I have a 2019 RST with 15K on it. It's been completely problem-free, minus the rear window leaking, but I am living with that. I want an AT4 CarbonPro 3.0L. The discounts right now are really appealing. 

But... as @OnTheReel said, I think I would have buyer's regret once the 2022 refresh is released. So I think I am going to wait it out. I've already been 2 years into regretting not getting the AT4 vs. my RST, so I'm not circling that mountain again. 

49 minutes ago, econometrics said:

I wouldn't discard this issue so quickly. Go read the 280+ pages of the rear window leak thread to see how "the dealer will fix it" works out. 

Not badgering you, just trying to help you make a realistic decision about getting a 2021 or waiting until 2022. 

I'm in a similar position... I have a 2019 RST with 15K on it. It's been completely problem-free, minus the rear window leaking, but I am living with that. I want an AT4 CarbonPro 3.0L. The discounts right now are really appealing. 

But... as @OnTheReel said, I think I would have buyer's regret once the 2022 refresh is released. So I think I am going to wait it out. I've already been 2 years into regretting not getting the AT4 vs. my RST, so I'm not circling that mountain again. 

Having been a prior owner or a freshly redesigned vehicle in the past, I would strongly discourage purchasing a first year redesign vehicle.  If you can wait for the kinks to be worked out, then go for it and wait.  Just keep in mind if you don't like it, it is highly unlikely you will be able to get a left over 2021 equipped the way you want it.  Hopefully the window issue is corrected now production was moved back to the states rather than Mexico.   Time will tell.  I have a 7 year warranty.  

As for advantages of the 2021, the 6.2l moves, has an excellent drive, and is capable of just about anything you throw at it. I don't know why everyone Knocks the interior.  Everything is placed in the right spot, interior room is great, and esthetically it is not too busy.  Take a look at the tahoe or yukon for an idea of what the interior of the 2022 will look like.  See if you like that better, as I will place money the sierra/ tahoe will look similar if not identical.  If you haven't already, take a 2021 for a test drive and then make the decision.  

Good luck OP, it's all really a preference, and everyone will have an opinion.  

Edited by Philbert

13 minutes ago, Philbert said:

Having been a prior owner or a freshly redesigned vehicle in the past, I would strongly discourage purchasing a first year redesign vehicle.  If you can wait for the kinks to be worked out, then go for it and wait.  Just keep in mind if you don't like it, it is highly unlikely you will be able to get a left over 2021 equipped the way you want it.  Hopefully the window issue is corrected now production was moved back to the states rather than Mexico.   Time will tell.  I have a 7 year warranty.  

As for advantages of the 2021, the 6.2l moves, has an excellent drive, and is capable of just about anything you throw at it. I don't know why everyone Knocks the interior.  Everything is placed in the right spot, interior room is great, and esthetically it is not too busy.  Take a look at the tahoe or yukon for an idea of what the interior of the 2022 will look like.  See if you like that better, as I will place money the sierra/ tahoe will look similar if not identical.  If you haven't already, take a 2021 for a test drive and then make the decision.  

Good luck OP, it's all really a preference, and everyone will have an opinion.  

The 2022 will be far from a "first year redesign". It's simply going to be a refresh. All the test mules we're starting to see more and more have minimal exhaustive differences to them. Any redesign is simply going to be on interior improvements. 

GM has already basically said that they rushed the interior of the 2019-2021s in order to get out with the new RAM in 2019. So what we're likely to see in the 2022 refreshed interiors has been under development for a long time. 

Not to mention, it's all going to be existing tech that we're seeing in the new Escalade SUV in 2021. So this is not going to be all that new. There's not much to feel "at risk" about with a bigger LED dash or infotainment screen, honestly. 

And I do not think the SUV interiors will be reflective of what the truck interiors will look like. We're already confident in expecting an all-digital gauge cluster, like the Escalade's. The GMC/Chevy SUVs do not have that. It will probably be a 2023 update for them. And I don't expect the screen placement on the trucks to be the same, either.

$0.02.

7 minutes ago, econometrics said:

The 2022 will be far from a "first year redesign". It's simply going to be a refresh. All the test mules we're starting to see more and more have minimal exhaustive differences to them. Any redesign is simply going to be on interior improvements. 

GM has already basically said that they rushed the interior of the 2019-2021s in order to get out with the new RAM in 2019. So what we're likely to see in the 2022 refreshed interiors has been under development for a long time. 

Not to mention, it's all going to be existing tech that we're seeing in the new Escalade SUV in 2021. So this is not going to be all that new. There's not much to feel "at risk" about with a bigger LED dash or infotainment screen, honestly. 

And I do not think the SUV interiors will be reflective of what the truck interiors will look like. We're already confident in expecting an all-digital gauge cluster, like the Escalade's. The GMC/Chevy SUVs do not have that. It will probably be a 2023 update for them. And I don't expect the screen placement on the trucks to be the same, either.

$0.02.

As previously Stated, everyone will have their own opinion. 😀

I’d have a different stance if the 2021s were perfect and bug free, but they aren’t. Better than a 19 or 20, of course. Is there still room to improve, of course.

Unless you absolutely need a truck right this second, I don’t see any harm in at least waiting until the 2022 is unveiled.

1) Inventory on 2021s is pretty tight right now anyway, so there aren’t great deals here in March. Especially not on a hot seller like an AT4.

2) If you see the 2022 design a few months from now and like it, you save a lot of money buying the wrong truck and then trading it soon after for the 2022.

3) If you see the 2022 design a few months from now and hate it, you save a lot of money buying a 2021 when it’s considered a lame duck and everyone else is holding out for the 2022.

2022 marks the shift to the GM Global B electronic architecture, which is currently in the T1 SUVs, Corvette and some Cadillacs since 2020 model year. Seems like there’s been a fair amount of time to debug it, and the rest of the T1 platform will be unchanged. Clean sheet platform designs are much riskier. Learned that the hard way on my 19 having had every common issue and some uncommon ones as well.