Deactivate AFM with AutoSync

2 hours ago, Darthmalo said:

Hello. 

Deactivate AFM will cause problems in the future.  I am using AutoSync.   Please let me know your experiences.

Darthmalo...why do you say that deactivation AFM will cause problems in the future? Can you direct me to that source info so I can read it? What is "Autosync"? I did a search and can't find anything related to AFM deactivate.

3 hours ago, rav3 said:

Darthmalo...why do you say that deactivation AFM will cause problems in the future? Can you direct me to that source info so I can read it? What is "Autosync"? I did a search and can't find anything related to AFM deactivate.

Hello.  I want to disable the AFM.  The Autosync is a programmer offer by White Automotive & Media:  AutoSync Programmer / Multifunction Tool (Tool Only) - White Automotive & Media Services (whiteautoandmedia.com).  I have this programmer and i been using the disable AFM feature for a week and I like it.  I just want to make sure that will not cause future problems because AFM is disable.

I am thinking to get a Diablo Predator 2 tune.

Got yah....I see the unit you decided on, AutoSync, in your link. looks like you can do more things that just disable AFM. Cool.

However, unless I miss read your1st post, you said "Deactivate AFM will cause problems in the future." I read this as a statement & not a question. Could you clarify for me what problem will be caused by deactivate AFM that you stated? I just wanted to know what problems you found by doing this. I have been using the Range AFM disabler for about 6 months on my '17 Silverado 5.3L and have not seen any issue to date BUT if there's an issue that your aware of, please let me know what it is.

OR were you asking the forum: IS THERE PROBLEMS WITH DEACTIVATING AFM IN THE FUTURE?

11 minutes ago, rav3 said:

Got yah....I see the unit you decided on, AutoSync, in your link. looks like you can do more things that just disable AFM. Cool.

However, unless I miss read your1st post, you said "Deactivate AFM will cause problems in the future." I read this as a statement & not a question. Could you clarify for me what problem will be caused by deactivate AFM that you stated? I just wanted to know what problems you found by doing this. I have been using the Range AFM disabler for about 6 months on my '17 Silverado 5.3L and have not seen any issue to date BUT if there's an issue that your aware of, please let me know what it is.

OR were you asking the forum: IS THERE PROBLEMS WITH DEACTIVATING AFM IN THE FUTURE?

ok.  Sorry for the confusion.  I forgot to put the question mark.  Yes.  I want to know if will cause any problems in the future?.

Yes.  the AutoSync is a very cool tool.  This is the fist time that i done this.  I want to buy a Diablo Tune to delete the AFM for my silverado and my wife Suburban

Ok, now I understand. I'm old & hard headed. As mentioned above, I've been using the Range AFM disabler for about 6 months & have not had any issues. I've watched several video's that showed what the problem is when the AFM goes bad, where the lifter actuator can jam due to a burr that it can create when actuated repeatedly. My thinking is if disabled, that issue then would not be an issue. For that reason along is why I disabled mine. Not sure about the cam wear or life of the high pressure valley pan. My thinking is if the AFM is disabled the high pressure valley pan (VLOM) system does not operate, so it wouldn't wear out as soon. This may be a crazy assumption on my part. IIRC, the Range unit tricks the AFM to believe that there's a load on the engine all the time and so it just doesn't activate.

I'm sure other's will chime in here & offer more information. Here's a couple video's on AFM.

Active Fuel Management | ACDelco AFM Lifters

Lifter Release Trick Collapsed Lifter AFM DOD GM Chevrolet Lifter Noise, Engine Rattle

2 hours ago, Lsgun1 said:

Mines been off since 200 miles no issues. If it makes you feel better just turn it on once a year and drive around for a day.

Do you have a tune?  or a device ?