SEO (Special Color) Paint Thread

I wanted to start a thread for special color trucks.  If you're not familiar GM allows SEO (Special Equipment Orders) for the paint colors on the chart below.  Obviously non-standard colors are common for fleets but dealers will sometimes order a batch of special color trucks for retail.  I've heard that a dealer must order a minimum of 3 of one color and the factory doesn't run them until there are 15 total, but I can't confirm that at all, maybe someone in the know can fill us in.  

I bought my first Trail Boss (Red Hot) in January 2019 to replace my wrecked 2018 Deep Ocean Blue Metallic (a bright blue).  I was bummed that the new Silverados didn't have any blue except Northsky.  Then right after I bought the truck I started seeing some SEO inventory, and I first saw an Arrival Blue SEO truck at Gandrud Chevrolet in Green Bay WI.  I loved Arrival Blue from the 99-07 trucks.   A year and later my 2019 with 29k had given me a bunch of problems and I started thinking of punting it.  Before I did I called Gandrud and asked if they were ordering any more SEOs and by sheer luck they said they had several coming in an two were 6.2 Arrival Blue Trail Bosses.  SOLD!  

I have since seen quite a few Tangier Orange, Woodland Green, a few Wheatland Yellow and Doeskin Tan and a couple of the highlighter green/yellow ones (not sure what code).   They're all shipped with black fender extensions because those are supplied in standard colors only.  Some of them have the fender extensions painted at the dealership.  

Let's see em!!! 

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&vehicleID=21483&regionID=1&divisionID=1&regionID=1&section=col_trim&typeID=6&pagenum=&butID=3&page=9

117869559_10223357972526352_7279451230064203456_n.jpg

ef121061035bd7a26c83acaa6d1ecfb9.jpg

Edited by Leevon
add photo

The other Arrival blue 6.2 Trail Boss flexing with Tangier Orange at Gandrud.  They painted the fender extensions on that one.  

116927999_10158394378222209_3741684578592850083_n.jpg

Edited by Leevon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Leevon said:

Here's my WA815K Arrival Blue baby.  

IMG_4948.jpg

Arrival Blue is one of the best blue's GM's ever put on a truck.  It looks better on these new bodies than the GMT-800s they were spraying it on.  I almost want them to just make it a color that's not SEO but that would take all the fun and uniqueness out of it.  

• Like 1

The paint colors are a funny thing. I wasn't in love with tungsten metallic the first time I saw it, but my wife talked me into it. Now I'm glad I have that color, as they quit using it, so now I have a unique color.

Then my wife wanted a new Acadia. She was hellbent on finding Satin Steel, but none in the whole state. I found one at Laura GMC and went for a drive.

BTW, my truck also came from Gandrud in Green Bay. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Titletown!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2021 at 2:13 PM, Leevon said:

Here's my WA815K Arrival Blue baby.  

IMG_4948.jpg

118079821_10223356898379499_4013205472162924429_o.jpg

82120927_10157712913912209_3887198144525500416_n.jpg

Now I wish I had gone with my gut and ordered Arrival Blue.  I was really, really close to ordering it but my wife wasn't sold on the color.  If I had seen these pictures, I would have done it anyway.  Great looking truck!

Edited by GearheadSS
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Arrival Blue is fantastic! Would love to see it side-by-side with Blue Topaz, they look pretty similar with Arrival being lighter.

I'll be painting my 1993 RCSB one of those shades, or the standard Indigo Blue, eventually.

• Like 1

I picked up my Silverado with the shadow grey. Not many choices at the dealers. It’s grown on me. A lot better in person compared to a picture, depending on the lighting. 
These colors are nice and I’ve never seen any with these colors. I really like that tan. I would have really liked to get it in blue. My 19 camaro is the riverside blue. Once ceramic coated, it really popped.