Have a GMC Denali and don’t think a full borla exhaust really fits, not sure a flow master muffler fits either with the Denali vibe.

Just looking to bump up sound as little as possible thru maybe the Borla XS muffler.

what are some pretty tame exhaust options?

Just find it weird you can barely hear the truck running 😂

I hear you.  A few of my neighbors have pre-2015 Yukon Denali's and they have a nice rumble during cold startup and even warm.  My 2020 AT4 6.2 sounds like a sewing machine.

Borla Touring?  This is the quietest of the Borla mufflers and is what what comes on the performance Exhaust (at least on the 2014 - 2018) and I have on mine.  To me this is perfect, has a nice sound and tone like it should but not overly obnoxious  at all even on cold start ups.  You can not hear it at all at highway speeds, no drone, but you can definitely tell it's there when you get on it.  Combine that with the dual side exit polished tips, what's not to like about it :) Other than the price.  Next step up would be the S-Type if you want a little more sound.  Attak is the loudest which is too loud for me.

Yeah the GM Performance catback (aka Borla Touring) is the way to go here. I've had it about 8 months on my 2019 5.3L RST. It is perfect for someone who wants some growl on demand (aka right foot down), but cruises quietly. 

Muffler delete with resonators intact, under $100 bucks and sounds great, no warranty issues etc.

Save cash the full exhaust etc is pricey if just chasing sound and performance gains seem to be minimal at best.

GM "performance exhaust" AND intake with MAF reprogram is only worth 15hp for 2k plus bucks.

Cut the muffler and put the AFE muffler delete pipe in first😀

Almost all of the gains on the GMPP package is from the exhaust. 13 of the 15HP, and all but 1 LB-FT of TQ are on the exhaust side. 

Agree that the GMPP catback is probably the mildest, but it still has some sound for sure. I was actually surprised when I first got it. Cold starts are a little rowdy. 

This is a good video to show what the muffler delete can do. Don't order the AFE, I'm actually getting mine done in a week by a local exhaust shop for $75, plus it will be welded in, so no issues with leaking like you'll see in the video. If you do that, just make sure they cut out that flapper valve!

Edited by Jacob Capra
  • Thanks 1