Hey guys,

Looking for some input on if what I am feeling is normal or something that I should get checked out. I have a 21 CC with the 6.2l 10 speed combo and max tow and it feels real jerky going into 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd. Not sure if that’s the different gearing in the rear end or something else, would like to hear other peoples experience. Other thing may be related but not sure is when coming to a stop the downshift into 1st can feel quite harsh or like the trans is loaded and then dumps into 1st and jerks real bad. Appreciate anyone sharing their experiences!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/6/2021 at 8:10 AM, American Cobra said:

My 21 TB 6.2/10speed shifts smooth as butter.  3300 miles on it.  It might have had 1 or 2 shifts at low speed since I bought it that weren't  ideal, but not clunky.  I came from a 2015 6.2/8 speed so I know clunky very well.

Thanks, good to know.  Would you say when you come to a stop and the trans shifts down to 1st its noticeable?  What frustrates me is the inconsistency and making think its not right.

I have noticed my 6.2L 10 speed does not like if I am extremely light on the brakes.  If I have my foot on the brake with a moderate pressure it downshifts very smoothly.  If I just barely touch the brake coming to the stop (or "ride" the brake) it gives a jerk on the downshift.