Typical time between order place and order accepted by GM

I placed an order a few weeks ago for a new Sierra AT4 and because I have the order number, I'm able to check on the status through GMC chat.  The order status has been "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time.".  I know we're in strange times, but how long does it typically take for the order to be accepted by GM?  I've asked the dealer who placed the order and they just keep saying "I don't know, it's a waiting game".  😑

Any prior experience with wait times will greatly help me deal with this waiting game.

1 hour ago, MalibuLX3 said:

I placed an order a few weeks ago for a new Sierra AT4 and because I have the order number, I'm able to check on the status through GMC chat.  The order status has been "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time.".  I know we're in strange times, but how long does it typically take for the order to be accepted by GM?  I've asked the dealer who placed the order and they just keep saying "I don't know, it's a waiting game".  😑

Any prior experience with wait times will greatly help me deal with this waiting game.

When I ordered my truck back in July 2020, it was 8 weeks between order placed and delivery.  Typically, 6 to 8 weeks is what you can expect.  However, with the semiconductor shortage, the delivery could be impacted and delayed.

6-12 weeks is very common it seems, unless something is on constraints.

Mine was not normal at all.....[emoji1787]
I guess something was on constraints when mine was being built. I ordered in March and it still wasn't here in June.
Dealer kept checking too with no luck.
They ordered the next model year in June.
I kept checking online and both model years got accepted into the system to be built but nothing progressed until July. but only the new model year went down the assembly line. Not the original, it never moved out of being accepted!
It got delivered on August 1st as the next model year.... It sat in a shipping yard for 2 weeks in July, As they couldn't bring it to the dealership because of it being the new model
year..... Long crazy wait, but it was kinda cool having the first one of that model year....

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

1100 and Dealer Allocation

This causes a lot of issues. When you place an order with a dealer, the status is 1100. UNTIL Chevrolet ACCEPTS the order, it just sits there at 1100. You don't have an order with GM at this point. You only have a dealer requesting an allocation for a slot in the production schedule. Dealer Allocation is simple to understand - GM changed its model for producing vehicles a few years' back. Dealers are now awarded allocation based on past performance, as well as other factors. If you are sitting at 1100 you are not in line yet for production. Your dealer MUST get GM to accept the order. When GM accepts the order, all the parts are available and will be allocated to your car build.

First, many dealers do not understand the allocation process.

Second, dealers are told at the beginning of every model year the number of units they are expected to order. This is their Guide Number, so called because it is intended to help a dealer "floor plan."

Third, many dealers confuse Guide Number with Allocation.

Fourth, dealers are told every other Thursday how many Allocations (a portion of the Guide Number) they can use over the following two weeks AND this number of orders will be divided over two weeks.

To summarize, say the dealer is given 50 units as a Guide, which means about 1 unit every weekly ordering process from 2 units awarded in the every other week ordering process. If the dealer sells a dozen trucks every year, change the 50 to 12 and reduce the bi-weekly consensus to conform. By the way, this awkward system meets laws and demands of court decisions.

Edited by elcamino

DOSP - Dealer Order Submission Process

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.  (A Constraint is a limit placed on specific build configurations.)

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints.)

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated, if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review - You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the accepted orders are sent to production control.

I ordered my Sierra in early January and it just got here a week ago so for me it was like 12 weeks. Mine did come with the AFM chip because, according to the salesperson, the order was placed before a certain date. I note that on the build and price page today that the AFM chip is an extra cost option.

On 4/6/2021 at 5:52 PM, MalibuLX3 said:

Did you order the technology package?  Dealer just told me last week I couldn't order an AT4 with that package as GMC doesn't have enough chips and put this combo on hold.  

2 hours ago, GullLakeMi said:

Did you order the technology package?  Dealer just told me last week I couldn't order an AT4 with that package as GMC doesn't have enough chips and put this combo on hold.  

Or they are 'allocating' that feature, and the dealer doesn't currently have allocation.

• 8 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 2:52 PM, MalibuLX3 said:

I ordered mine on July 16th 2021, It's now Dec. 27th and the order has not been picked up yet. F this

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 11:55 AM, MMK68 said:

I ordered mine on July 16th 2021, It's now Dec. 27th and the order has not been picked up yet. F this

Same boat. I am going on 4 months with the status as submitted but not accepted by GM. I am at a loss, thinking about going to another dealership to place another order, I have been unable to get any info from my current dealer.

• 1 year later...

Just commenting on this thread because it's one of the top google search results when I search for "not been officially accepted by Chevrolet at this time".  I ordered a Chevy Silverado on Dec. 17.  I need a basic WT for my business and added a few options like 8' bed, spray-in liner, and multiflex tailgate.  It has now been 12 weeks and the order is still sitting at "not been officially accepted by Chevrolet at this time".  My dealer has been unresponsive, it took a month just to get my order # from them so I could check status through the website.

Starting to get pretty frustrated.  I am in Northern Virginia.  None of the dealers near me have a single long bed truck on the lot.  Seems like they only want to sell short bed trucks with big $$$ option packages.  My current WT has 240,000 miles on it.  Wondering if I'll see a new truck this year or not?  😡