Bench vs Console

So I think I found the perfect truck I've been looking for given the current limited availability. 2500 LT Gas. All Star Package, Midnight Edition, Convenience Package 2, Leather package, sunroof, auto up down tailgate, z71 package. The one thing missing are the bench seats. On one hand the convenience of having a 6th seat could come in handy sometimes but I have always had a console and enjoy the extra storage and USB ports. Any input from those with or without the console that enjoy have a pros vs cons list? Any regrets with the bench? Should I hold out to find one with a console? Looking for any inputs. 

Ok just went through this.  I really never had the need for the 6th seat, but is handy none the less.  But my thought is with the bench is things in the cup holders etc always fall forward and get lost in that void or roll around.  Also the bucket seat set up is a cleaner look, so thats what I went with.

My only complaint with the bucket console is the front console part that buts up to the radio is just a big dish,  no dividers, no compartments with closures, its just a big area, and wasnt thought out very well.

I like the console in the center.  Mine is a regular cab though and a WT so Chevy in it's infinite wisdom decided to have a center console that doesn't open on the WT model.  Strange way to save a few bucks on a 40-50k truck IMO especially when you consider cost savings versus irritated truck buyers.

I just bought mine 10 days ago and one of the things I wanted was the bucket seats w/ full center console. Previous truck (Ram2500) had a bench seat with just the folding armrest. I had no interest in having the 6th seat as we are done having kids (hopefully) and putting anyone bigger than a 6 year old in that front would be uncomfortable anyhow.

I was expecting to have all kinds of extra storage in the center but honestly it has turned out to be one of the most disappointing aspects of my new rig.  There is a really deep (feels useless) storage compartment in the armrest component and then just the area below the radio with a big open space. Not sure what I am going to keep in the side pockets if anything. If the truck has everything else you want I would buy it!

I have the bench seat (had it on my previous truck too). It's nice for the occasional 6th passenger. The fold down console is big enough for me. One huge benefit FOR ME is that I can fold the console up and slide across the seat easily to enter/exit the passenger door. "Why?", you ask.  I park my 5th wheel up against a block wall on my left and there isn't enough room to open the driver side door. So, I slide across the seat to the passenger door during my parking process. Works like a charm!  I probably would not have thought of this had I not just parked the 5th wheel this morning.

i had both and prefer the full console.....the bench seat armrest you have to clean everything off the top to open it, i like having places to put items and more cupholders.....it is a cleaner look as well, the center storage on full console was not thought out well ( a big hole) it should be divided into 2 seperate areas but i put a tray in top and its sufficient enough....

ive had 3 T1s in last 3 years ( 1 of them 2500) and 2 had bench and current has full console.....i would get full console everytime

Thanks for all the input. Sounds like console is the way to go. I might have to bite the bullet though. In a 1’000 mile radius the only ones I’m finding have the bench. Hopefully I’ll be able to swap it in at a later time or just embrace the simplicity. Maybe they make some nice floor consoles to hold stuff? Trying to be positive. Thanks again.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, Bill Rabold said:

I just bought mine 10 days ago and one of the things I wanted was the bucket seats w/ full center console. Previous truck (Ram2500) had a bench seat with just the folding armrest. I had no interest in having the 6th seat as we are done having kids (hopefully) and putting anyone bigger than a 6 year old in that front would be uncomfortable anyhow.

I was expecting to have all kinds of extra storage in the center but honestly it has turned out to be one of the most disappointing aspects of my new rig.  There is a really deep (feels useless) storage compartment in the armrest component and then just the area below the radio with a big open space. Not sure what I am going to keep in the side pockets if anything. If the truck has everything else you want I would buy it!

Kind of said the same thing above.  The arm rest compartment is a big hole with nothing.  Called the dealer back and said something was missing, they said nope GM stopped putting a tray in there 2 years ago,  we can get you one for 50 bucks though.  I said really.  yeah I agree the whole console thing wasnt thought out to well. 

Edited by nards444

I just bought a 2021 with the split front bench. Only truck in my and my neighbor province on the lot. Nice truck but I like a console. It has the split bench. If anyone wants to trade for a flip up seat. Lmk

I despise the bench seat but that's what I've got now as, apparently, you can't get them anymore?  I just got a 2021 SLE and ,normally, spend extra to get the buckets--wasn't an option.  Super annoying.  I really, really hate the bench.  Did I say that already?  lol.   I hate the stupid console and how everything falls out, i hate the look, i hate the stupid hump in the floor that gets covered in dog hair, i hate not having good cup holders.  i just hate it.