adding HD Rearview Mirror with Bed View already installed

Been searching the forum to see what it will take to do this upgrade. I have found a lot about replacing the third brake light with the camera, but I have an additional question. Hopefully someone may have some insight. My truck already has the bed-view camera in the brake light. Would I still need to take the whole headliner down to run the wires to the mirror, or might the wires be in there and just need to be connected to the new mirror?

I'm really hesitant to start taking the truck apart. I want to do a speaker replacement too. 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, nards444 said:

there was a thread on this.  I just upgraded the speakers in my 21  2500 last night.  Was really easy and did improve the sound.

Don't mean to hijack the thread.  Did you remove the Bose speakers?  If so, what speakers did you install?

1 hour ago, HiggySTL said:

Don't mean to hijack the thread.  Did you remove the Bose speakers?  If so, what speakers did you install?

no non bose system with 8in screen.  JBL in the doors and memphis for the dash.  Took me about 90mins,  if I did it again probably take me less than an hour

Got everything from crutchfield

1 hour ago, nards444 said:

no non bose system with 8in screen.  JBL in the doors and memphis for the dash.  Took me about 90mins,  if I did it again probably take me less than an hour

Got everything from crutchfield

Sounds like a nice combo!

1 hour ago, HiggySTL said:

Sounds like a nice combo!

stock speakers are a joke for non bose.  honestly they looked something out of an 80s chevette.  Ive heard guys complaining that the BOSE system wasnt worth the upgrade.

If you go to the crutchfield site an search for vehicle it all comes up,  just pick the ones that say compatible or whatever.  Door panels come off in like 2 mins.  Door speakers were plug and play,  dash has to be spliced.  Just make sure you order all the suggest parts with each one,  yeah you can splice and figure it all out without it,  but this way it was all there, built for it and it was an extra 10 bucks adding a few things

18 hours ago, onetactical said:

Been searching the forum to see what it will take to do this upgrade. I have found a lot about replacing the third brake light with the camera, but I have an additional question. Hopefully someone may have some insight. My truck already has the bed-view camera in the brake light. Would I still need to take the whole headliner down to run the wires to the mirror, or might the wires be in there and just need to be connected to the new mirror?

I'm really hesitant to start taking the truck apart. I want to do a speaker replacement too. 

Thanks in advance!

The bed view camera is only for bedview and that camera is connected to the VPM(Video Processing Module) directly. The Rearview camera Mirror is independent from the BCM(Body Control Module) and independent from the VPM. The mirror itself does all the processing, so yes the headliner will have to be pulled down and the CHMSL( Center High Mount Stop Lamp) will need to be replaced for the one with both cameras.

The first thing you should check to see is if your headliner harness has the rearview mirror plug. In my case I did not have an auto dimming mirror so the plug was glued up inside the headliner just not used. The same plug provides power for the auto dimming mirror and the rearview camera mirror.

I've done this mod but I don't have the bedview camera.