Bilstein 5100 vs Stock

20 hours ago, Byrds8 said:

Nice. I thought about doing like a Rough Country lift but I heard it makes the ride crappy. And a lot seem to not like their stuff. Not to mention, I have no intention at this time to have larger tires. You need to post some pics.

Rough Country isn't as bad as many people say, IMO.
I went with MotFab Level and and rear block, and Zone spring lift and 1.5" body lift.
"You need to post some pics." How about a video?(this is before the Bilstein 1" shock lift and Borla exhaust)

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Rough Country isn't as bad as many people say, IMO.
I went with MotFab Level and and rear block, and Zone spring lift and 1.5" body lift.
"You need to post some pics." How about a video?(this is before the Bilstein 1" shock lift and Borla exhaust)

Very nice truck for sure. I will say it definitely gave me a couple of ideas. I think I like the retractable cover along with the bed extender. It kind of solves the problem of the cover canister taking up some of the bed. If RC isnt as too bad, I supposed their 3.5" lift would be pretty good. I am really not looking for a lot in that realm of things. Just some because I think it looks much better overall vs the stock stance.

• Like 1

Changed mine at 205,000 miles.  Wish I had done it 150,000 miles sooner. One of the best and cost effective changes I’ve made to the truck.. 

Dismounted, they extended about the same. Like almost exactly the same. But the compression was considerably stiffer.  No scales, just based on feel with multiple trials. 

My truck rides so much better, less bounce and better control.  Slightly stiffer but def better.  Not rough. 

good luck!

• Like 1