2021 AT4 drivers front floor liner fit issue...

RCF71

I know I am prob one pf the few that like the factory floor liners with the carpet insert, but curious how everyone else’s fit...

On the driver’s, there is about an inch gap between the floor liner and the left footrest/faux pedal area - i can fit my fingers between the liner and the floor.  Its very annoying as I do like to rest my left foot there, and the feel is mushy and odd.  Neither the carper nor the liner appear to be installed wrong.... 

Have thought about finding a piece of thick neoprene/dense foam to fill the gap, but thought I would check and see how everyone else’s fits first.  Thanks in advance for any feedback!

8180071D-A9C0-47D4-81A6-A0414EDAF8AC.jpeg

F9545CA2-B4D3-44A1-A186-02E867ACD275.jpeg

1 hour ago, Redwings1 said:

They replaced mine under warranty, because my 2 hold tabs were in the wrong place and the new ones don't have the carpeted insert but fit a lot better.

I kinda wondered about that when I first noticed the “squishiness” of the fake pedal area, but fit everywhere else is pretty decent.  Guess just a design flaw.

I had some foam (high density, closed cell, ...) in the garage, so cut a piece to fit under that area.  Feel is much better now, and I’ll just live with that.

It's not a gap that would be visible in that shot.

Top pic in RCF's post is the very top on the LHS of the drivers matt. 

Gap is behind that area that is/can be used as a rest for left foot.

Placing foot on that area - feels fine.

Pushing down on that area with foot and the matt deflects, closing the gap behind it, giving the feeling of 'squishiness'.  

Matts in mine are the heavier ones, but without the carpet inserts.

Visibly they look/fit like sackvilledan's picture.

But, as described above, the have the 'squishy' feel when pressure applied to the footrest area.

No a biggy for me -- but am surprised the fit isn't better.

I wonder if the footrest sheet metal shape was changed during development and the matts didn't get updated? 

16 minutes ago, redwngr said:

I wonder if the footrest sheet metal shape was changed during development and the matts didn't get updated? 

Is it just a hump with carpet over it or is there a dead pedal there as well? The shape of the mat in the above photo almost make it seem like it was designed for a dead pedal to be behind it.

4 hours ago, fastk9dad said:

Is it just a hump with carpet over it or is there a dead pedal there as well? The shape of the mat in the above photo almost make it seem like it was designed for a dead pedal to be behind it.

I guess I figured the hump in the area was offset from the rest of the lower firewall to act as todays version of a deadpedal.

Under the mat/liner there is a rubber/vinyl insert in the carpet in that same area.

• 1 year later...