Paint easily scratched (Cherry Red Tin)

I can't believe how easy my paint scratches! Maybe it's contrast of the light colored primer against the red? Maybe it's because I've never owned a red truck before? I use my truck, I have a toolbox, I feel like i'll leave a scratch just by leaning against the side of the truck to get a tool. Not sure if it's the color, a soft paint/clear issue, or my treating it like it's a white work truck? 

Yes you will probably leave scratch's leaning over the bed. The water based paints they got forced into are terrible, even worse is American makes seem to continue pushing the limits of how lightly they can apply it to make it even worse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

Yup the paint on my last 3 GM trucks has been very easy to chip. That is why I went with the silver color on my current truck. Hoping it would not show the primer as bad.

Good idea

I work in construction.  A T-shirt should not leave a scratch, but a zipper or anything metal or plastic will. A construction vest will too, plastic zipper, metal ect. My co-worker has a Black 2019 and he has said the same thing to me it scratches easily, he did admit it was his first new truck and he never really cared about his other trucks.

I have owned many vehicles going backs decades and paint was/is always easy to scratch.  Its most noticeable on the darker colors but they all will.  Its foolish to think they won't.  If you don't like it, buy white or silver.