AFM/DFM ?

WeGone

2021 6.2,  10 speed

Did a search could not find any specifics on this.

Just looking for some insight. When using the L/Manual mode I understand this will disable cylinder cancellation  If I only use up to L9, or does it work even if running in L10  as long as I don't go back to D.  I generally run in L9 as long as i am not on an interstate or stay below 60mph. 

5 minutes ago, WeGone said:

2021 6.2,  10 speed

Did a search could not find any specifics on this.

Just looking for some insight. When using the L/Manual mode I understand this will disable cylinder cancellation  If I only use up to L9, or does it work even if running in L10  as long as I don't go back to D.  I generally run in L9 as long as i am not on an interstate or stay below 60mph. 

Unless they switched from how the k2's worked, L9 disables, L10 activates it, just like if it were in D. 

• Like 2

My dealer told me that if a lifter fails before 8000 miles he will replace all 16, After 8000 miles he is only authorized to replace the 8 0n that bank. I have decided to not deactivate the DFM until after 8000 miles. If any are going to fail, let it be before 8000 miles. I now have 5200 miles.

Thanks for the reply's, I'm not opposed to having  DFM just prefer not to use it around town or at lower speeds. With a 10 speed I'm sure I won't miss one gear. When I get over 55 on a long stretch of road or on the interstate I just + up to 10.

Edited by WeGone

On 9/7/2021 at 3:58 PM, dgstarr63 said:

My dealer told me that if a lifter fails before 8000 miles he will replace all 16, After 8000 miles he is only authorized to replace the 8 0n that bank. I have decided to not deactivate the DFM until after 8000 miles. If any are going to fail, let it be before 8000 miles. I now have 5200 miles.

I'm not sure I understand the logic. Lifter failure after 8,000 will still get that whole bank done... these failures are likely going to fail early, no? I mean eventually things can wear down and fail over a long term because mechanical parts wear, but I would be more concerned about burning them all in to find if I have one that is going to have premature failures while still under warranty. 

On 9/7/2021 at 7:28 PM, WeGone said:

Thanks for the reply's, I'm not opposed to having  DFM just prefer not to use it around town or at lower speeds. With a 10 speed I'm sure I won't miss one gear. When I get over 55 on a long stretch of road or on the interstate I just + up to 10.

I'd reconsider this. I get better MPG's around town than I do at highway speeds and I imagine that this is due to DFM. I never even notice DFM working. It's pretty great as opposed to AFM or cylinder deactivation from Ford or others.

15 minutes ago, shanemoon said:

I'd reconsider this. I get better MPG's around town than I do at highway speeds and I imagine that this is due to DFM. I never even notice DFM working. It's pretty great as opposed to AFM or cylinder deactivation from Ford or others.

Thanks for your input, but I did not buy a 6.2 for gas mileage plus @ less than 8k miles a year its no big deal for me.

• Like 1