2022GMC Sierra 1500

a friend and customerof mine just replaced his totaled 2021 Silverado gas 1500 with 1 2022 diesel 1500 Sierra Denali with suspension package x31, off road suspension w Rancho shocks and is complaining about the stiff ride compared to the Silverado. He has asked me if changing the shocks would smooth the ride but I'm not sure just the shocks would do it without changing the springs also. Money is no object to him but he wants it to ride like a Caddy. He bought this because it was the only thing available at the time and saw it being delivered and bought it before they unloaded it. I have been a tech for 45 years and should know enuff by now to stay away from stuff like this by now. Any suggestions are appreciated

X31 is not available on the Denali.   I don't think 2022's 1500 are out yet.  He could have an AT4 as they ride rough IMO.  I test drove one when I purchased my 2021 and did not like it. 

MRC is no longer a GMC otpion since 2019 model year, this is the ONLY Suspension on the Denali 1500.  Bo other GMC Sierra model has this option.

Z45 Denali Premium Suspension with Adaptive Ride Control

Edited by elcamino

my mistake the 22 Denali is a 2500 so Im not sure changing the shocks will help much w the truck like feel he's experiencing but I'm sure he's going to want to try that before exchanging the truck for another 1500

Put 500 or 1,000 lbs in the bed and it will ride a little better.  3/4 ton will never ride like a Cadillac and changing shocks will be a waste of money.  Try lowering the tire pressure at it likely came with 80psi in the tires assuming carrying max load.

• Like 1

Right, a 2500 will never ride soft and smooth like Caddy.  Like elcamino said, put some weight in the back and it will settle down a bunch.  But the 2500 is designed to carry a heavy load, so the suspension is very strong and therefore stiff.