Bed Buddy Install 2021 Sierra Elevation

22 hours ago, dmigod said:

Been looking at the best way to mount my bed buddy in my my new truck.  Has anyone used the GMC tie down anchor points?  Or figured out a good install location?  Thanks.   Have a few ideas I’m working on with CCR as well.

Okay, I'll bite - what is a "bed buddy?"

Assuming he means this since he mentioned “CRR”: https://ccrsport.com/ccr-sport-bed-buddy-motorcycle-tie-down-truck-rack-full-size-60/

I don’t see how you would only mount that to only the tie down points in the corners. Aren’t they designed to bolt through the front bulkhead of the bed? I guess you could fashion a way to only mount it in the corners but I don’t think you’d have a ton of structural integrity in the middle where the bikes tie to. 

I get the concept, and having tie down points in the center would be nice, but since the new trucks have tie downs up high near the top of the bed I haven’t had an issue hauling two bikes at all, without any additional aids. The majority of the time I only haul one and it goes in diagonally, anyway. 

Edited by Dirk13

The CCR Bed Buddy is correct.  The front of the bed is where I am looking to install.  I mainly want it for the wheel chocks and the structural integrity.  I just cant decide to attempt the install in the top of the rail where the three oval holes are utilizing the GMC Butterfly backs from their tie down anchors with different bolts or to add it below the lip but above the GMC logo with the standard mounting bolts etc.  Thanks!  I typically haul two dirt bikes and do not want my only option to be corner tie. 

On 10/5/2021 at 2:43 PM, dmigod said:

The CCR Bed Buddy is correct.  The front of the bed is where I am looking to install.  I mainly want it for the wheel chocks and the structural integrity.  I just cant decide to attempt the install in the top of the rail where the three oval holes are utilizing the GMC Butterfly backs from their tie down anchors with different bolts or to add it below the lip but above the GMC logo with the standard mounting bolts etc.  Thanks!  I typically haul two dirt bikes and do not want my only option to be corner tie. 

So, get the GM Accessories tie downs that install into the ovals.  A pack of 4 is about $100, which is cheaper than the bed buddy.  You have 3 ovals in the bulkhead to install them.  I have the part number if you'd like it. 

Edited by Transient

I would like to use the 4 pack to mount the bed buddy.  I want to fortify the front of the bed as it currently bends when placing bikes against the front.  Thanks.  I have the bed buddy and the 4 pack of the GM accessory tie downs currently.  Just trying to figure out the best mounting point and options.  THanks! 

Edited by dmigod
Update

I ended up just using large fender washers in the locations where the oval holes and used the GMC Anchors in other designated locations.  It was too bulky to use the GMC Anchors to mount the Bed Buddy but it is nice and secure with the fender washers.  Thanks!