Toyo AT3 SL rated tires?

Curious if anyone has pics/feedback on the Toyo AT3 in the SL rating.    I don't tow much, and I'm not doing much for rocky/shale climbs around here so I'm not really worried about the extra puncture resistance of the E rated LT tires.   Plus from what I understand typically the SL/P rated tires do better in the ice/wet as they have higher silica content, and their much lighter.

I know they have a lower tread depth than the LT's but I'm curious if they still have an aggressive sidewall/look to them, I know some of the SL tires are tamed down looks wise to their LT counterparts. 

Tried searching but couldn't find anything specifically on the SL series.

Edited by todd308

• todd308 changed the title to Toyo AT3 SL rated tires?
5 hours ago, todd308 said:

Curious if anyone has pics/feedback on the Toyo AT3 in the SL rating.    I don't tow much, and I'm not doing much for rocky/shale climbs around here so I'm not really worried about the extra puncture resistance of the E rated LT tires.   Plus from what I understand typically the SL/P rated tires do better in the ice/wet as they have higher silica content, and their much lighter.

I know they have a lower tread depth than the LT's but I'm curious if they still have an aggressive sidewall/look to them, I know some of the SL tires are tamed down looks wise to their LT counterparts. 

Tried searching but couldn't find anything specifically on the SL series.

I’m running those in 275/60r20. They ride great and are super quiet on the freeway. 

E57FF862-5E7B-4AC0-AE75-ADE7608DCAA7.thumb.jpeg.b9bf599274cd44796900cc8bb1358230.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PandonSF said:

I’m running those in 275/60r20. They ride great and are super quiet on the freeway. 

E57FF862-5E7B-4AC0-AE75-ADE7608DCAA7.thumb.jpeg.b9bf599274cd44796900cc8bb1358230.jpeg

That is a good looking tire. Do you have any pictures of the tread pattern?

Trying to decide what my next tires are going to be, the factory Bridgestone's are performing like racing slicks in the rain now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 9:58 PM, PandonSF said:

Quick question, what were the OE tires these replaced? How does the road noise compare?

On 10/30/2021 at 3:44 PM, fastk9dad said:

Quick question, what were the OE tires these replaced? How does the road noise compare?

The stock tires were the Bridgestone alenzas which were super soft and quiet, the toyos actually made my Denali ride a bit better, not as bouncy. They make a slight hum on the freeway but if you have the radio on low if blocks it out. 

I just made the switch to the e rated going up to a 285/50r22 toyos and they are louder for sure. 

8 hours ago, PandonSF said:

The stock tires were the Bridgestone alenzas which were super soft and quiet, the toyos actually made my Denali ride a bit better, not as bouncy. They make a slight hum on the freeway but if you have the radio on low if blocks it out. 

I just made the switch to the e rated going up to a 285/50r22 toyos and they are louder for sure. 

Thank you, appreciate the info. Looking for something to replace my GY Fortitudes that still passes the WAF since this the Sierra is our road trip vehicle. Sounds like they might fit the bill. I don't find the Fortitudes bouncy but they are pretty quiet.

• Like 1