Ls1 swap crank no start

Hello everyone.first time posting every.i had put a 5.3 vortex from a oo Silverado into my 03 dakota.yes I know.i know. A dodge.anyways.before I took the motor out it was running good.after I swap trucks.it hasn't ran..I change cam,crank, sensor.i have put noild light.nothing. .no spark, the coil is getting both grounds. But no signal..there's no code showing..all I did was take motor an tranny an put it in other truck.put wire harness in put pcm an hook it up.please I am going crazy a broke.i need to get this running so I can get back to work.any suggestions.please keep your negative comment to yourself.i can't take anymore bs

Lmao this is 100% the wrong place for this one.

The majority of people don't know dodge. And the way that you are describing your engine swap means that you know basically nothing about swapping engines into other vehicles. 

Engine swaps used to be easy, that is: before computerized engines and transmissions. I'd suggest taking this to a hot rod shop that specializes in GM engine swaps.

If you modified the engine before swapping it, sorry, but you've just added to your headaches.

I'd suggest you put the engine/transmission back in the Silverado and forget the swap.

1 hour ago, shakenfake said:

Lmao this is 100% the wrong place for this one.

The majority of people don't know dodge. And the way that you are describing your engine swap means that you know basically nothing about swapping engines into other vehicles. 

Kinda rough answer, but I think you hit the nail on the head. These aren't "the old days" when you just stuff any engine/transmission in any vehicle, hook up power and it runs. There's a lot to know now.

Sounds like our poster made some fundamental changes to his engine too. The exact wrong thing to do.

Their are turn-key swaps from different companies. Even GM has a crate engine/ECM combination the only needs a battery hooked to it.

Edited by David89GMC

Ok.the vats isn't on. Now I'm just saying because the vats light isn't blinking or on at all..now I just added a ground wire from the starter to the body..when I had use the noid light my injectors weren't plusing.i haven't tried it since I did some adding to the ground wires..this is my first time doing this project on my own..do I have to get a hp tunner. I am not taking nothing out of the harness.i am keeping it the same way it was in the original truck it was in..what I'm thinking it is piss at me for putting it in my daktao..lol..I have lots of questions to ask I hope y'all don't get frustrated with me.

12 hours ago, David89GMC said:

Kinda rough answer, but I think you hit the nail on the head. These aren't "the old days" when you just stuff any engine/transmission in any vehicle, hook up power and it runs. There's a lot to know now.

Sounds like our poster made some fundamental changes to his engine too. The exact wrong thing to do.

Their are turn-key swaps from different companies. Even GM has a crate engine/ECM combination the only needs a battery hooked to it.

Ok I swap everything though .all the way down to the steering wheel.the hardest thing was making the motor mount bracket...

First, this is crazy to do, with a vehicle it sounds like you need to get running asap for work.

Second, it sounds like stuff the engine/transmission into the truck, along with the wiring harness/ecm and steering column.  Did you also put in the bcm/instrument panel into the dakota as well?

Yes I put everything that was in the original truck into the Dakota yesterday I was testing my coils connection I had back probe them and I was getting power and then I'll test it the front of it two of them was not getting power from the front of the connections so I just replaced the whole rail and I'm getting power front and back of the connections I'm charging my battery and I should find out if it works later on.i still need to see if I am getting the trigger signal to the coil..

Yeah but did you check VATS? Like in the tune? Just because the light isn't on doesn't mean it isn't active.

When you turn the key does the power come on? Fuel pump prime? If that doesn't happen then yes it is somewhere a power issue. If it does then you are chasing the wrong problem. I would also suggest making sure that all your grounds are good. I see you said you tested with a noid light. The noid light showed nothing? That would mean that your PCM isn't sending signal to your injectors. If something else is getting signal then I would say your PCM is good. Although I guess you can't really use a noid light while the engine is off lol

something is not hooked up properly, check every single connection and harness. You could run the engine with nothing surrounding it, meaning no vehicle shell, quite easily.

Just put the engine back into the 2000 Silverado and step away from the crack pipe

On 10/3/2021 at 12:39 PM, David89GMC said:

Yes sir .when I turn the key I can hear the pump coming on. When I tested the coils I am getting power I'm Getting  the two grounds..an when I was testing the crankshaft.i am getting the single from the PCM...I will check the connectors..ty..o one more thing.this was my dad an I project an he just pass away from cancer so **** you..I'm just trying to finsh this so go to hell..an as far as the crack pipe.i am not no ****in crackhead..I guess this will be my last post.

Then yeah I would not worry about your power situation. When you try to crank it does it click like it wants to start or does it just sit still? If it no sounds happen then possibly check the starter. That's my next guess

Yes sir, it cranks like it wants too real easy..late last night .I went underneath an found a ground that I didn't see the first seven times I went underneath..lol so I hook it up an went to bed.im waking up now waiting for my coffee to be ready..I'll let u know