DexosD availability - Still somewhat of a Unicorn?

Seems there is somewhat a supply issue across the country and stores not being able to get stock in a timely manner and so low inventory.  I'm on a few other forums, mainly Cummins and Super Duty and they are posting about not being able to find Rotella 5w-40. 

At least with AMSOIL there isn't any problems.  Also with distribution centers throughout the U.S. shipping can be fast if orders are placed in early morning.  I can get my orders next day if I call in by 9AM.  I'm 4 hours from the Richmond distribution center.  I actually picked up more stock on my way past there coming down from visiting my mom in PA.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 7:11 PM, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

My wife went to get her oil changed yesterday at the dealer. She said there was a truck next to her in line. The lady from the service lane came out and talked to the driver and then he drove off. I'm assuming he had a diesel. Then the service lady came to my wife and asked her to pop the hood so she could check the oil needed for her car so that they had it in stock. I've not heard of an oil shortage but, I guess there is now?

Same thing happened to me last week. Went in for my first oil change and the dealer didn't have the correct oil in stock for the 3L and had to come back later in the week. Would have been nice if they had called and told me that before I drove over... 

• 1 year later...

Saw this the other day.  Looks like there are a few more suppliers getting the DexosD license, but still not available locally or online, other than the AC Delco brand.  Usually get mine from Rock Auto - seem to be the cheapest and delivery is quick.

Brand Name Supplier Specification Viscosity License Number
ACDelco Light Duty Diesel General Motors dexosD™ 0W-20 DD0751IA015
Castrol EDGE Turbo Diesel Castrol Ltd. dexosD™ 0W-20 DD55BCCI082
Mobil 1 ESP X2 ExxonMobil Oil Corp. dexosD™ 0W-20 DD40BCCB015
Mobil Super 3000 ExxonMobil Oil Corp. dexosD™ 0W-20 DD25BBBK015
Mobil Super 3000 XE2 ExxonMobil Oil Corp. dexosD™ 0W-20 DD0752IA015
RAVENOL LDD SAE 0W-20 Ravensberger Schmierstoffvertrieb GmbH dexos™D 0W-20 DD25BACI081
REPSOL MASTER ECO Repsol dexosD™ 0W-20 DD25BADE102
Service Pro Warren Oil Company, LLC dexos™D 0W-20 DD25BABJ028
Valvoline SynPower MST FE C6 0W-20 Valvoline dexos™D 0W-20 DD25BADB103
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, OliverDennis52 said:

Saw this the other day.  Looks like there are a few more suppliers getting the DexosD license, but still not available locally or online, other than the AC Delco brand.  Usually get mine from Rock Auto - seem to be the cheapest and delivery is quick.

Brand Name Supplier Specification Viscosity License Number
ACDelco Light Duty Diesel General Motors dexosD™ 0W-20 DD0751IA015
Castrol EDGE Turbo Diesel Castrol Ltd. dexosD™ 0W-20 DD55BCCI082
Mobil 1 ESP X2 ExxonMobil Oil Corp. dexosD™ 0W-20 DD40BCCB015
Mobil Super 3000 ExxonMobil Oil Corp. dexosD™ 0W-20 DD25BBBK015
Mobil Super 3000 XE2 ExxonMobil Oil Corp. dexosD™ 0W-20 DD0752IA015
RAVENOL LDD SAE 0W-20 Ravensberger Schmierstoffvertrieb GmbH dexos™D 0W-20 DD25BACI081
REPSOL MASTER ECO Repsol dexosD™ 0W-20 DD25BADE102
Service Pro Warren Oil Company, LLC dexos™D 0W-20 DD25BABJ028
Valvoline SynPower MST FE C6 0W-20 Valvoline dexos™D 0W-20 DD25BADB103

My local autozone carries Mobil ESP X2. That oil is very available online as well. Were you just referring to the more recent additions?

Edited by Dirk13

14 minutes ago, Dirk13 said:

My local autozone carries Mobil ESP X2. That oil is very available online as well. Were you just referring to the more recent additions?

Yeah, the recent ones.  I have yet to see the Mobil ESP X2 locally but haven't been to an auto zone in a while.  Just looked up the local store and they do have them.  I'll have to keep that in mind if I get in a pinch and run out of my own stock.

Edited by OliverDennis52

19 hours ago, OliverDennis52 said:

Yeah, the recent ones.  I have yet to see the Mobil ESP X2 locally but haven't been to an auto zone in a while.  Just looked up the local store and they do have them.  I'll have to keep that in mind if I get in a pinch and run out of my own stock.

Funny all I can find is Mobil ESP X2 in Canada at the Canadian Tire stores. No large bottles wither so paying 16.99CND for each so So Oil changes cost me around $180 with all the taxes on.

• Sad 2