3.5” Lift on 2021 High Country

Dumb question I know, but I am looking at the rough country 3.5” lift, before I go all in, will I need to change the shocks? Here is the lift I’m thinking about:

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-29600.html?find=2020-gmc-sierra-1500-4wd-740563

3 hours ago, aggiegold said:

Dumb question I know, but I am looking at the rough country 3.5” lift, before I go all in, will I need to change the shocks? Here is the lift I’m thinking about:

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-29600.html?find=2020-gmc-sierra-1500-4wd-740563

The shocks are the least of your concern with that lift and no front diff drop the CV axles wont last long as your angles will be really bad.

It really depends on your vehicle.  If you are starting off with a TB or AT4 and adding 3.5", you will definitely want a diff drop amongst other things.  However, if you are taking a base 4x4 or Z71, you can do a 3.5" lift without a diff drop as it would basically be a TB or AT4 with a 1.5" additional lift which is doable.  However, at that point I would suggest UCA's because of the geometry and extended TB CV's if you plan on doing any off road driving where you will be significantly flexing the suspension. 

Good luck with your setup, the anticipation and information gathering stage is often times as exciting as the install itself!