2015 3500 HD Stock Replacement Tires

On 10/26/2021 at 12:08 PM, dodge stomper said:

I'd agree New Dude BUT I hate to screw with Speedo recal

On 10/29/2021 at 5:43 PM, dodge stomper said:

Thanks Elite,

I just wanted to end the post with the outcome in case some other person ends up searching as I did. I ended up getting the Firestone Destination XT 295/70R18  Which was quite the upgrade from my stock 265/70R18's

275/70 would have thrown it off way less than those 295 LOL.  Would have read 1mph slow with 275s, 3mph slow with those 295s.

Ok I have a 2020 3500 Diesel HD AT4, I have the stock tires on it now LT275/65R20. SO I also want to upgrade, saw the earlier post of the particular tire manufacturer recommendations.   Here is my question for my particular truck if you guys can please help me out.  I want the largest tire possible without cutting ( I will tolerate a small shaving though) just to get the bigger beefier tire.  What are the recommendations for sizing?  Also, Do I need to get the spare redone as well with a new similar tire?  Or will original spare work until I get to my destination to buy a like tire for flat???  Thanks Gents, I appreciate the professional insight on these forums

18 minutes ago, jojo ma said:

Ok I have a 2020 3500 Diesel HD AT4, I have the stock tires on it now LT275/65R20. SO I also want to upgrade, saw the earlier post of the particular tire manufacturer recommendations.   Here is my question for my particular truck if you guys can please help me out.  I want the largest tire possible without cutting ( I will tolerate a small shaving though) just to get the bigger beefier tire.  What are the recommendations for sizing?  Also, Do I need to get the spare redone as well with a new similar tire?  Or will original spare work until I get to my destination to buy a like tire for flat???  Thanks Gents, I appreciate the professional insight on these forums

Hello JOJO,

Here is a link I used to see exact tire dimension's of the current tire, and see the differences in ones I may want.  But actually I was surprised I did a Google search "How big of a tire can I fit on a 2015 3500 HD stock not lifted"  And that told me on mine I could go as high as a 295/65R18 But the tire I wanted was not available in that size, So I purchased what they did offer which was a 295/70R18 And it was about to the limit. The tire I actually wanted was the Bridgestone RIVA I THINK? Butit did not come in my size either.  Alot depends on what "YOU" want and your use. For me I just found the OEM tires slick...  As in I got on a small hill here in Tennessee and slipped in 4 WD because they were standard street tires.  I really like The Firestone Destination XT and the Bridgestone Riva..  For a good meaty balance.  And no Firestone told me my OEM spare would be fine to use as a spare to get to a tire shop so I just did the 4....  Personally I would go to this link TireSize.com - Compare Tire Sizes, Specs, Prices & more AND zero in on my size then call a Firestone store and ask to speak to the owner/manager and he or she will be happy to help you. I only deasl with managers in things like this as it tends to cut down on BS and false promisers. My manager was even happy to order 3 different sets that he and I though might fit my needs and tried each one on the front right to let me look at it. I thought that was awesome and sold me on him really caring about his customers.  I guess you could go the cheap rout and get them direct from a wholesaler but this IS important enough I want someone I could trust because in your case your looking at close to 2500-3k I'd guess. But then I got the road hazard warranty which I NEVER DO because it was a kinda big investment.  Hope this helps my friend!

DS 

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to start another tire thread so here's my question,

I put BFG all terrains on my 3500 DD and I'm only at 60K KM and they are just about shot!! I was told at a off road shop that they would not sell these tires to a HD truck because they wear out fast, does this sound realistic?? I had them on my half ton and they lasted 100K KM. I tow a 5th wheel and some off road but nothing major, Mostly hwy driving to work but I want the looks too! lol  

That is realistic. I work in the tire industry for a major company on the distribution side and I worked in a shop as tech/mechanic for many years as well, this is something we see often.

The BFG Ko2's are a soft tire, great for all weather grip, mud, snow, rain etc for the first half of it's life. Then they start to get worse but that can go for any tire. Heavy trucks and trucks that tow heavy loads will chew through those tires in no time. I would/will straight up tell people that if they run them and do those sorts of things, they will wear out quick and likely not even make it to the 50,000 mile warranty. Doing a warranty claim won't be easy either. You'd need invoices for all proper maintenance and yadda yadda and it's likely they won't be covered in full either, more or less a prorate if they give you that much.

Half ton trucks fair better with mileage but they still scrub away with city driving and heavy towing. I personally hate the looks of the Ko2, very ugly tire to me so it never hurts my feelings when it comes to those tires lol. Good tire for what they are but just very ugly looking.

BFG makes a Commercial TA that is usually better for mileage and same with Michelin of course. The Defender and Agilis tires are pretty good for mileage but lack the "off road" looks. Other option is to switch brands to maybe a Toyo or something to see if they will last longer. But still expect to get around 50,000-60,000 miles if you push them all the way to the end of their life.

• Like 1

I just put new tires on my 2015 2500. I had BFG KO2’s that I had put on at about 30,000 miles which replaced the OEM Goodyear’s that came on it. I got about 40k miles on the KO2’s.

I choose  Nitto Ridge Grapplers to replace the KO’s. For my factory 20” wheels the Nitto’s were a little cheaper then the KO’s and look awesome. I also went a little wider with a 275 vs a 265

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CamGTP said:

That is realistic. I work in the tire industry for a major company on the distribution side and I worked in a shop as tech/mechanic for many years as well, this is something we see often.

The BFG Ko2's are a soft tire, great for all weather grip, mud, snow, rain etc for the first half of it's life. Then they start to get worse but that can go for any tire. Heavy trucks and trucks that tow heavy loads will chew through those tires in no time. I would/will straight up tell people that if they run them and do those sorts of things, they will wear out quick and likely not even make it to the 50,000 mile warranty. Doing a warranty claim won't be easy either. You'd need invoices for all proper maintenance and yadda yadda and it's likely they won't be covered in full either, more or less a prorate if they give you that much.

Half ton trucks fair better with mileage but they still scrub away with city driving and heavy towing. I personally hate the looks of the Ko2, very ugly tire to me so it never hurts my feelings when it comes to those tires lol. Good tire for what they are but just very ugly looking.

BFG makes a Commercial TA that is usually better for mileage and same with Michelin of course. The Defender and Agilis tires are pretty good for mileage but lack the "off road" looks. Other option is to switch brands to maybe a Toyo or something to see if they will last longer. But still expect to get around 50,000-60,000 miles if you push them all the way to the end of their life.

Thanks for the reply, I really like Toyo and had good luck with them in the past but I've never had an HD truck before this one. I would like to try the AT3's but i have not heard how they are in snow yet and that's important for me being in Canada. I thought about a commercial tire but they just don't look cool! lol I was to the Falkin wild peaks were good for HD trucks but they are not popular around my area. 

4 hours ago, Glashaus said:

I just put new tires on my 2015 2500. I had BFG KO2’s that I had put on at about 30,000 miles which replaced the OEM Goodyear’s that came on it. I got about 40k miles on the KO2’s.

I choose  Nitto Ridge Grapplers to replace the KO’s. For my factory 20” wheels the Nitto’s were a little cheaper then the KO’s and look awesome. I also went a little wider with a 275 vs a 265

I've heard a lot of good things about them but they aren't snow rated which I need here. They will be perfect for Texas I'm sure! I like the looks of them too!