More content changes/deletions for 2022

Important 2022 Model Year Order/Content Changes

November 12, 2021

Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac Dealers,

As promised, we want to ensure you have the latest news regarding the global, industry-wide shortage of semiconductors.  Currently, we are seeing a better flow of semiconductors in our supply chain, most of our North American assembly plants are now back to running regular production, and volumes are increasing in the fourth quarter.  We are also pleased to inform you that several feature removals previously announced for the 2022 Model Year are no longer required, including the following:

• Climate Control Digital Temperature Display on 22MY Chevrolet Silverado LD LTD, Colorado and GMC Sierra LD Limited, Canyon, Acadia, Terrain
  • Side Blind Zone Alert on 22MY Buick Encore GX
  • Super Cruise on 22MY Cadillac Escalade

These changes demonstrate the mitigation efforts of our team as they work as quickly as possible to help meet the strong customer demand for our products. 

However, the situation remains complex and fluid. Today, we are announcing details impacting the availability of heated and ventilated seats and heated steering wheels on certain 2022 models. Each dealer has the responsibility to and must advise affected sold order customers immediately.

Please advise your sold order customers immediately and counsel directly with all customers who purchase affected vehicles to ensure each customer understands their vehicle's content.

Heated and Ventilated Seat Modules:

Heated driver and front passenger seats (KA1), heated and ventilated driver and front seats (KQV), heated second row outboard seats (KA6), front ventilated driver and front passenger seat (KU9), front driver ventilated seat (KU1) and front passenger ventilated seat (KU3) will no longer be standard or optional content on certain 2022 model year vehicles built beginning November 15th. The below tables provide each model and trim level impacted by this action, the date of the change, the RPO codes and the associated MSRP credit amount. The RPO codes will be reflected on the Dealer Invoice and the Monroney label of each impacted vehicle will include this credit and indicate that the vehicle is 'Not equipped with (any of the following) heated driver and front passenger seats (KA1), heated and ventilated driver and front seats (KQV), heated second row outboard seats (KA6), front ventilated driver and front passenger seat (KU9), front driver ventilated seat (KU1) and front passenger ventilated seat (KU3).'

Impacted CHEVROLET Models                        Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on     RPO          New RPO    Credit Amount
Malibu LT, Premier 12/10

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU9

00V

00R

00V

$250

$200

$500

Trailblazer LT, ACTIV, RS 11/15 KA1 00V $250
Blazer LT, RS, Premier 11/22

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU9

00V

00R

00V

$250

$250

$500

Equinox LT, RS, Premier 11/22

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU3

00V

00R

00V

$250

$200

$500

Traverse

1LT, 3LT, RS, Premier

High Country (Rear Heat Only)

11/15

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU9

00V

00R

00V

$250

$200

$500

Colorado LT, Z71, ZR2 11/15 KA1 00V $250
Silverado 1500 LTD LT, RST, LT Trailboss, LTZ 11/15

KA1

KA1/KQV

00V

00V

$250

$500

Silverado 2500/3500 HD LT, LTZ 11/15

KA1

KA1/KQV

00V

00V

$250

$500

Impacted GMC Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with   Production on     RPO          New RPO      Credit Amount
Canyon Elevation, AT4, Denali 11/15

KA1

KA1/KU1/KU3

00V

00V

$250

$500

Terrain SLE, SLT, AT4, Denali 11/22

KA1

KA1/KU1/KU3

KA6

00V

00V

00R

$250

$500

$200

Acadia

SLE/SLT/AT4

Denali (Rear Heat Only)

11/15

KA1

KA1/KU9

KA6

00V

00V

00R

$250

$500

$200

Sierra 1500 Limited SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4 11/15

KA1

KA1/KQV

00V

00V

$250

$500

Sierra 2500/3500 SLE, SLT,AT4 11/15

KA1

KA1/KQV

00V

00V

$250 $500

Impacted BUICK Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on   RPO           New RPO         Credit Amount
Encore GX Preferred, Select, Essence 11/15 KA1 00V $250
Envision Preferred, Essence, Avenir 11/15

KA1

KA1/KU9

KA6

00V

00V

00R

$250

$500

$200

Enclave  Premium, Avenir (Rear Heat Only) 11/15 KA6 00R $200

Impacted CADILLAC Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on           RPO      New RPO       Credit Amount
XT4 Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport 11/15

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU9

00V

00R

00V

$250

$200

$500

XT5 Luxury, Premium, Sport (Rear Heat Only) 11/15 KA6 00R $200
XT6 Luxury, Premium, Sport (Rear Heat Only) 11/15 KA6 00R $200

Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac are updating all consumer and dealer facing materials as appropriate. 

This change to the availability of heated and ventilated seats is currently expected to remain in place until further notice during the 2022 model year for all impacted vehicles. As semiconductor chipsbecome available, GM will build certain vehicles with heated and ventilated seats. Therefore, dealers and customers should refer to the window label to understand the features that are equipped on each individual vehicle.

Heated Steering Wheel:

Heated steering wheel (KI3) or (UVD) will no longer be standard or optional content on certain 2022 model year vehicles built beginning November 22nd. The below tables provide each model and trim level impacted by this action, the RPO codes and the MSRP credit amount. The RPO codes will be reflected on the Dealer Invoice and the Monroney label of each impacted vehicle will include this credit and indicate that the vehicle is 'Not equipped with Heated Steering Wheel.'

Impacted CHEVROLET Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on    RPO        New RPO     Credit Amount
Bolt EV 1LT, 2LT 11/22 KI3 00G $150
EUV LT, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Blazer RS, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Traverse 3LT, RS, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Trailblazer LT, ACTIV, RS 11/22 UVD 00G $150
Silverado 1500 LTD LT, RST, LT Trailboss, LTZ 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Silverado 2500/3500 HD LT, LTZ 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Tahoe LT, RST, Z71, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Suburban LT, RST, Z71, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150

Impacted GMC Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on   RPO        New RPO    Credit Amount
Acadia SLE, SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Sierra 1500 Limited SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Sierra 2500/3500 SLE,SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Yukon SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Yukon XL SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150

Impacted BUICK Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on  RPO        New RPO    Credit Amount
Encore GX Essence 11/22 UVD 00G $150
Envision Essence, Avenir 11/22 UVD 00G $150
Enclave Essence, Premium 11/22 KI3 00G $150

Impacted CADILLAC Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on   RPO        New RPO    Credit Amount
CT4 Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport, V-Series 11/22 KI3 00G $150
CT5

Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport, V-Series

11/22 KI3 00G $150
XT4

Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport

11/22 KI3 00G $150
XT5 Luxury, Premium WITHOUT JSE Platinum Package, Sport WITHOUT JSE Platinum Package 11/22 KI3 00G $150
XT6 Luxury, Premium WITHOUT JSE Platinum Package, Sport WITHOUT JSE Platinum Package 11/22 KI3 00G $150

Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac are updating all consumer and dealer facing materials as appropriate. For impacted vehicles, related functionality and all visual identifiers will be removed.

This change to the availability of heated steering wheel is currently expected to remain in place until further notice during the 2022 model year for all impacted vehicles.

Our teams are exploring ways to potentially retrofit vehicles with some for these features once parts become available.  We will provide additional updates when available.  By taking these measures, it will enable continued production and delivery of inventory to help respond to the strong customer and dealer demand for all our products as the industry continues to rebound and strengthen.

• Sad 1

I buy basic because of KISS principal. I also have a well insulated garage here in CO @ 9000' msl  that stays warmer than 55F most of the time.  My 2022 LTD Trail Boss Custom has arrived at Railhead at Santa Rosa, NM so about a week from now it will arrive in Alamosa I hope.  I originally ordered a 2021 8-10-21 that had to be cancelled and updated to the 2022. 

Thanks for the info MS3DALE

• Like 2

I just had to reorder a replacement for my truck that is going through the buyback process because GM didn't have any 5.3 engines available and now they are removing two of the best part of having an LTZ trim? I will cancel my order and wait until they actually produce what I have paid for.

Maybe someone can comment with better information.  Hoping that they install the same seat/wheel with internal heating elements along with dummy buttons that can be activated once the modules are more broadly available.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:24 AM, Afrim Zeka said:

Maybe someone can comment with better information.  Hoping that they install the same seat/wheel with internal heating elements along with dummy buttons that can be activated once the modules are more broadly available.

I wouldn't count on it......they removed the heated rear seats and there's nothing there to "hook-up" later.

I was thinking about ordering a 2022 to replace my 2020 LTZ because I'd like to have the larger info screen.  I think now I'll wait to see if things improve for the 2023 models.

Important 2022 Model Year Order/Content Changes

Nov. 19, 2021

Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac Dealers,

In our last communication on Friday, Nov. 12, we promised to provide further details, when available, regarding heated and ventilated seats.  Our teams have been working hard to find a solution to retrofit vehicles with these convenience features that our customers want to continue to enjoy.  We are excited to confirm all vehicles covered by the previous announcement will be eligible for a retrofit process that will activate the operation of the heated and ventilated seat modules.  This retrofit process will begin when parts become available and at no cost to the customer. Dealers will be reimbursed via the GM Global Warranty System.  We anticipate that these parts will be available for retrofit in late Q2 2022.  Each impacted vehicle will receive an invoice and Monroney label credit of $50 per vehicle for any combination of heated and ventilated seats.

Now that there is a definitive retrofit plan, the previously communicated invoice and window label credits on Nov. 12, no longer apply.  Please reference the table below for details on impacted models and trims.  Dealers will be required to:

1. Obtain a signed customer acknowledgement form at the time of purchase
  2. Inform customers that their vehicle is not currently equipped with heated/ventilated seats
  3. Advise customers that GM will cover the cost of the retrofit for heated/ventilated seats when the parts become available

The customer acknowledgement forms must be retained in the sales deal jacket and be made available to GM representatives upon request.

Once parts are available to begin the retrofit process, dealers and customers will be notified accordingly.  We plan to create an instructional video for the retrofit process and will invite input from Dealer Council members in Q1 2022.  Once we have their input, we will create a specific service bulletin providing full detailed instructions on how to complete the required service for each impacted vehicle and how to apply for reimbursement through the GM Global Warranty System.  Most vehicles will retain non-functioning switches to allow for a simplified retrofit, however, there will be a small population of vehicles where the switches will be removed altogether.

Please be advised that this retrofit process is only for heated/ventilated seats and does not impact heated steering wheel at this time.  Also, please understand that this credit will be a total of $50 per vehicle.  These efforts are being undertaken as a direct result of your feedback and the acknowledgement of the importance of these features to our customers.