Leaked Image of the new Silverado EV

Well I have to say that it looks better than I thought it would. Can't say I would be rushing out too buy one though........

First thing I would have to do though is get a good airbrush guy to paint a grill on the front of it! lol

Shouldn't be called Silverado.  Should have been Avalanche and then the HD version the Avalanche HD.  Hummer came back as an EV, GM dropped the ball not calling it Avalanche.  Its as bad of a naming blunder as the Ford "Mustang" Mach-E which should have been called the Ford Mach-E.

That out of the way, its not too bad.  Its gonna be heavy just like it's platform mate the Hummer.  8500-9000lbs.  

Ford "understood the assignment" better than Chevy on this one IMO.  Ford gave us an F150 but electrified with the Lightning, and at a more reasonable weight (7000lbs).   

• Thanks 1

At $105,000 ($138,000 Canadian) a copy you are going to have to pay to save the world from the gasoline boogie man! So if the RST is the top of the line I guess they drop the High Country, The Finance person at the dealer, whose name by the way will be Lucifer will be taking soles in on trade!

Edited by Likarok

I put in a reservation as fast as I could fill the boxes. I also have a high priority Lightning slot. I think the Silverado is technically ahead of the Ford, as a conversion will never be as efficient as a ground up design. The 2nd generation Lightning will be a ground up design (2025 MY?)

The Lightning weighs 6750 lbs. I expect a the Silverado to be 3-400 lbs lighter with a structural battery pack and unibody construction. 

I can drive the Ford for 3 years then flip it to a next gen.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:21 PM, newdude said:

Shouldn't be called Silverado.  Should have been Avalanche and then the HD version the Avalanche HD.  Hummer came back as an EV, GM dropped the ball not calling it Avalanche.  Its as bad of a naming blunder as the Ford "Mustang" Mach-E which should have been called the Ford Mach-E.

That out of the way, its not too bad.  Its gonna be heavy just like it's platform mate the Hummer.  8500-9000lbs.  

Ford "understood the assignment" better than Chevy on this one IMO.  Ford gave us an F150 but electrified with the Lightning, and at a more reasonable weight (7000lbs).   

Originally Ford was going to call it the Mach 1, but a lot of the Mustang faithful complained enough and they changed it to Mach E.