Cab lights

54 minutes ago, Another JR said:

Are you talking about the marker lights on top of the cab?  I thought they were required by the DOT because of the overall vehicle width. 

Yes, and no.

If it was a requirement the OEMs would be required to install them as standard equipment.

Here's a somewhat decent written article aimed at pick up trucks:

https://jalopnik.com/why-some-trucks-have-five-little-lights-on-the-roof-1830914130 

If you still have questions, your local State Trooper/Highway Patrol office can explain further.

Hope this helps, as it's pretty murky and could use an update to the CFR now that our trucks have grown as wide as our office chair asses.  

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2022 at 8:42 AM, kbryant5 said:

Has anyone ordered a new HD recently and been told cab lights are unavailable? 

Won't the drw's be required to have these? Maybe that is what constraint means in newdude's post.

16 hours ago, gemarsh said:

Won't the drw's be required to have these? Maybe that is what constraint means in newdude's post.

Good question.  I can't remember a dually without marker lamps.

Just for fun I went to the build page, and selected the dually option.  As soon as I did, it added Cab marker lamps, and gave the warning about availability issues.  Would need a dealer to advise if the truck could be ordered.

Just for fun I built the same truck as what my order is, except as a long bed dually.  What a sexy beast! :thumbs:

Dually-LT3500.jpg

I just texted my sales lady and said I heard scuttle about cab lights are out now - I said, don't hold mine up over what's basically decorations. She replied, "I would've called you or had them taken out to keep it going" ... and I said that's what I want to hear, leadership that can make decisions! She knows me and she knows what my deal breakers are, certainly isn't roof lights. But she has a lot of distrust and dealers all think they are just being lied to because GM can't deliver anything and staging lots are sitting full of half put together bag of jellybeans. 

Edited by Leonardo Willi