2016 RCSB Silverado Tire Size?

Hey all! Here’s my 2016 RCSB Silverado LT. Just recently got it and I’m wanting to upgrade on the wheel / tire combo.

3A20C200-06FE-4D83-A822-FEFF69117B8D.thumb.jpeg.67c7dd44c385defcf8674ee725de24d5.jpeg

I’ve always loved the look of the 20” Tahoe wheels! 

A52B0B97-6313-4346-8C2C-A89B2F7F5147.thumb.jpeg.b2ff2f9cc74cf7f6f807d540b5b7d348.jpeg

I’m wanting to do a drop but nothing insane. I want to still use it as a truck and be able to tow a trailer. I’d mainly tow old cars home probably on a normal flat trailer. I’m thinking of a 3/5 to 4/6 drop… of course I’d invest in a quality drop kit and have a good shop do the C Notch. What is your guys’ suggestions on a drop where I don’t have to constantly worry about bottoming out / tire rubbing ?

That brings me on to my next point. I was thinking of 275/45r 20 tires with the 20x9 wheels. How would they look on the Silverado? Does anyone run those tires with 20x9’s? I’d love to hear / see any pics of what you got and I appreciate any help!

16 hours ago, Cosmic Kustoms said:

I’m thinking of a 3/5 to 4/6 drop… of course I’d invest in a quality drop kit and have a good shop do the C Notch. What is your guys’ suggestions on a drop where I don’t have to constantly worry about bottoming out / tire rubbing ?

That brings me on to my next point. I was thinking of 275/45r 20 tires with the 20x9 wheels. How would they look on the Silverado? Does anyone run those tires with 20x9’s? I’d love to hear / see any pics of what you got and I appreciate any help!

You do not need a C-notch unless you go really low. These trucks can have a 7" drop without notching the frame. I like Belltech kits, they are high quality and a good price. Get the Street Performance shocks, they are excellent. I am running a Belltech 2/4 drop, and would go lower, but we get too much snow here.

I have 275/55R20 and they rub at full turn in reverse. 275/45R20 are 2" smaller so you will have more room.