Has anyone else had these shifting problems? 2020 5.3 10 speed

When I am going say around 30-40mph and I start to use the brakes to slow down the downshifting is rough but the worst is shifting into 2nd gear its almost like it pulls the truck back, RPM's raise and with a bang it goes into 2nd. It did this a few months back and I dropped it off at my GMC dealer and they said that they drove the truck and couldn't reproduce the same thing I was experiencing. I am going to take it back today or tomorrow but want to see if anyone else is having similar issues out of the 10 speed? 

I have a 2017 GMC Serria 8 speed trans same problem its at the dealership right now. I know another person has the same issue and have come across pages of people complaining of the same problem from 2016 on with the shuttering along with  going from 1st to 2nd and back down  jerking the truck or banging into gears. My trans pump has now started to whine and the fluid looks dark. It caught me as I was getting up on the highway it wouldn't shift out of 2nd gear just made it to the dealership turn the truck off restart it went into normal gears. Its a known issue with these GM trans of what you described. 

My 2016 Sierra with the 5.3/8 speed was like that - part of the reason I got rid of it, crappy 8-speed!  My 5.3/10-speed hasn't exhibited that sort of behavior.  Pretty smooth so far with 1700 miles on it.  How many miles on your truck?  I believe there is some "adaptive strategy" that causes the transmission to learn/change shift manners - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:12 PM, brewtus said:

My 2016 Sierra with the 5.3/8 speed was like that - part of the reason I got rid of it, crappy 8-speed!  My 5.3/10-speed hasn't exhibited that sort of behavior.  Pretty smooth so far with 1700 miles on it.  How many miles on your truck?  I believe there is some "adaptive strategy" that causes the transmission to learn/change shift manners - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm around 40k miles. It shifts better in sport mode but usually once I shut the truck off and back on its back to shifting normally. I haven't taken it to the dealer because I can't make it bang into 2nd or 1st when downshifting but it really frustrating sometimes. 

• 8 months later...
On 11/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, wjsoc said:

Is there any update on your situation? I have been searching for anyone with this problem because mine is doing that as well. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, wjsoc.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: wjsoc/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com