2022 refreshed Sierra stereo static

This is not the correct TSB number.   Please, if you have it, reply with the correct.  My truck is doing this and getting more frequent.  2 weeks old and the dealer is dicking me around.  Idiot 20 something year old female service writer is blaming it on my shorty, carwash friendly antenna. 

9 hours ago, ascalise said:

This is not the correct TSB number.   Please, if you have it, reply with the correct.  My truck is doing this and getting more frequent.  2 weeks old and the dealer is dicking me around.  Idiot 20 something year old female service writer is blaming it on my shorty, carwash friendly antenna. 

Check the build Id on your radio. My dealer dicked me around too and said the truck wouldn't accept the update.

Setting->About->Build Number

Mine looks like it's at w162, whereas the fixed version is w164 per that bulletin

That being said, maybe my truck did an ota and 162 fixed it because I have not had the problem since 8/13

PXL_20220822_204457633.jpg

10 hours ago, ascalise said:

But it is correct.  I just did the update to my truck.  The only reason this would NOT be the correct bulletin is if you have a different radio option.  What trim is your truck?

22-NA-142: Radio Software Version W164 – Multiple Updates - (Aug 3, 2022)

4 hours ago, Ben Lawson said:

Check the build Id on your radio. My dealer dicked me around too and said the truck wouldn't accept the update.

Setting->About->Build Number

Mine looks like it's at w162, whereas the fixed version is w164 per that bulletin

That being said, maybe my truck did an ota and 162 fixed it because I have not had the problem since 8/13

PXL_20220822_204457633.jpg

Yours isn't updated.  W162 is an older software.  My radio was the same build data as yours and had static 3 times.  

Here's mine after the update:

510874930_IMG_3884(1).thumb.jpg.36a22e38da4773539aa00dbe7657bb57.jpg

Edited by newdude

11 hours ago, newdude said:

But it is correct.  I just did the update to my truck.  The only reason this would NOT be the correct bulletin is if you have a different radio option.  What trim is your truck?

22-NA-142: Radio Software Version W164 – Multiple Updates - (Aug 3, 2022)

were you able to apply the update yourself, or do you mean you had to have the dealer do it? since my dealer already proved that they are incompentent id rather just try and get it updated myself if thats even possible

Edited by Ben Lawson

Mine says W149E-W163.3.2-QIH22B-515.1 149 release-keys.

I commute to and from work each day about an hour each way and this BS is becoming more frequent.  I am experiencing this at least twice a day now and can not stop it.    It just quits from one trip to the next.  Dealer didn't respond to me at all today.  I should have never bought this truck.  I knew i'd get this kind of service from a Chevrolet dealer.  GM garbage.   The leaf springs in my truck are making so much noise it is driving me out of my mind.  The rear window also has tons of windnoise.   They just blew all that off when i mentioned it to the service writer.  Had this truck 2.5 weeks and this is what i'm already dealing with.  Can't wait til something major goes wrong.

Edited by ascalise

35 minutes ago, Ben Lawson said:

were you able to apply the update yourself, or do you mean you had to have the dealer do it? since my dealer already proved that they are incompentent id rather just try and get it updated myself if thats even possible

Until they send it via OTA (which they haven't yet that I've noticed) it has to be done at the dealer, which is how mine was updated.

Here is a link to the bulletin that you can pull up at the dealer or print off and take it in with you:

22-NA-142 Details (dot.report

Edited by newdude

2 minutes ago, newdude said:

Until they send it via OTA (which they haven't yet that I've noticed) it has to be done at the dealer, which is how mine was updated.

Here is a link to the bulletin that you can pull up at the dealer or print off and take it in with you:

thats what i thought. Im going to try a different dealer, i had that pulled up on my phone along with the build on my dash and they just gave me a line of ****** that the truck wouldnt accept it. My vin matches what the bulletin says, so they are full of it.

in case anyone from GM is reading, this was Wright GMC Buick in Baden, PA. terrible experience...will NEVER go back there

12 hours ago, newdude said:

How quickly is the update done at the dealer? Is this something they just bring the computer out to your truck and do it in front of you or did you have to leave it there for a couple days?

4 hours ago, tbouldin98 said:

How quickly is the update done at the dealer? Is this something they just bring the computer out to your truck and do it in front of you or did you have to leave it there for a couple days?

You can drop it if you had to but its about an hour wait.  

On 8/31/2022 at 8:49 PM, newdude said:

I had my truck looked at for the SXM loading and preset issue that is in that TSB. Dealer said they updated the software but it didn’t help and they are supposed to get back to me. I looked in the settings and it’s currently W158. Any reason why it would be that instead of W164 if that’s the latest version?

2 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

I had my truck looked at for the SXM loading and preset issue that is in that TSB. Dealer said they updated the software but it didn’t help and they are supposed to get back to me. I looked in the settings and it’s currently W158. Any reason why it would be that instead of W164 if that’s the latest version?

Here's a pic of mine after the update.  The second # is the one you gotta look at.

510874930_IMG_3884(1).thumb.jpg.36a22e38da4773539aa00dbe7657bb57.jpg 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just took my 2022 GMC Elevation in for audio issues associated with service bulletin

22-NA-142. I literally just got this truck last Friday, it’s my first GMC coming from Silverados. They said they did a software update and fixed it. The distortion associated with this service bulletin is gone for now, however, was driving today listening to a song on Apple Music and the audio was going in and out - almost like when you hit the Alexa button and the volume turns down - the audio volume was going up and down on its own but nothing on the screen was moving - almost like you were listening to the radio and you were loosing signal in and out in a rural area.Then all of a sudden the music stopped completely will driving. I switched to FM,AM, Sirius and nothing worked..picked my kid up from daycare and tried again. And again, nothing worked. Came back on Tuesday morning, and then went out again driving home..took it back to dealership this morning, had it for 3 hrs and they couldn’t replicate the problem/had no idea what is going on. I reached out to GM directly - basically said they had no idea and would have someone contact the dealership but is anyone else experiencing this?! Super frustrated that the damn radio doesn’t even work in a brand new $55k vehicle.