2022 refreshed Sierra stereo static

On 11/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, Carmeldl said:

Just took my 2022 GMC Elevation in for audio issues associated with service bulletin

22-NA-142. I literally just got this truck last Friday, it’s my first GMC coming from Silverados. They said they did a software update and fixed it. The distortion associated with this service bulletin is gone for now, however, was driving today listening to a song on Apple Music and the audio was going in and out - almost like when you hit the Alexa button and the volume turns down - the audio volume was going up and down on its own but nothing on the screen was moving - almost like you were listening to the radio and you were loosing signal in and out in a rural area.Then all of a sudden the music stopped completely will driving. I switched to FM,AM, Sirius and nothing worked..picked my kid up from daycare and tried again. And again, nothing worked. Came back on Tuesday morning, and then went out again driving home..took it back to dealership this morning, had it for 3 hrs and they couldn’t replicate the problem/had no idea what is going on. I reached out to GM directly - basically said they had no idea and would have someone contact the dealership but is anyone else experiencing this?! Super frustrated that the damn radio doesn’t even work in a brand new $55k vehicle. 

Keep us posted!

• 4 weeks later...

Been back to the dealership 3 times since I first posted - no one has any idea what’s going on. I have a case opened with GM directly now, just sent them some new videos on Friday of the radio not working at all. Something weird going on now too is the other day when taking videos, I had Bluetooth OFF and my phone was NOT plugged in via USB yet when I turned the radio to apple car play, it was showing that one of my Apple Music playlists was playing - don’t even know how that is possible with nothing connected.

GM responded to me last night and asked me to bring my truck back this week and show the videos to the “shop foreman”..I go on Friday but don’t have my hopes up . Starting to look into lemon laws in my state. 

I have the same issue regardless of the sound source in my Sierra 2022. I heard The dealership in my country is horrible with maintenance, I haven’t tried them yet as my truck has done about 2000KM only. I am very disappointed really, I didn’t buy F150 because I thought GM has better reliability and quality control after the not so good experience i had with my 2017 Mustang GT. It seems this is an issue with all American car manufacturers nowadays. 

On 12/12/2022 at 5:52 PM, Carmeldl said:

Been back to the dealership 3 times since I first posted - no one has any idea what’s going on. I have a case opened with GM directly now, just sent them some new videos on Friday of the radio not working at all. Something weird going on now too is the other day when taking videos, I had Bluetooth OFF and my phone was NOT plugged in via USB yet when I turned the radio to apple car play, it was showing that one of my Apple Music playlists was playing - don’t even know how that is possible with nothing connected.

GM responded to me last night and asked me to bring my truck back this week and show the videos to the “shop foreman”..I go on Friday but don’t have my hopes up . Starting to look into lemon laws in my state. 

I had radio static 3 days of owning the truck. I have had 2 software updates. Fixed radio static but a bass heavy song the treble goes real low and it seems to focus on the bass. Sounds like complete trash. The whole thing is like an android tablet from 2007. Turn volume knob up fast it lags behind. Low ram cheap processor on a 60k truck. 

This week had a recall for DRL and a software update to fix it. Now my damn radio won’t play FM Bluetooth CarPlay phone calls or even Onstar button. No sound what so ever. 

I hate this truck. The new infotainment is complete garbage. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've had my '24 sierra hd for 2 months now and have had radio issues from day 1. I get the static on FM only, but sometimes it stops playing on sirius and pandora for just a second or 2 about every 30 seconds or so. Very annoying. It will also just shut down occasionally and the screen will say "device is starting". Also, I don't like the fact that when I get in my truck, I have to go through the whole sequence of finding my music. It should go back to the last station that I was listening to. No help from service department.

On 2/11/2023 at 9:34 AM, Spalmer70 said:

Has this been resolved?  I just got my truck about 2 weeks ago. And this morning this is happening. Exactly as described in these posts. 

I am with you Spalmer70, and this is my question as well.  We just got my wife one of the last leftover 2022 refreshed Silverados.  Nice RST Crew Cab with a decent amount of options.  She's not very happy with there fact that we have had it for a little over two weeks and the radio static issue comes and goes.  From what I've been reading on here, it seems to be a possible software issue and it happens on both Bose and non-Bose systems.  

Open up a case with Corp. customer support. Not every dealer will do the right thing and contact the tech. assistance center and go through their solutions first and if it doesn't work then TAC will escalate it to engineering.

Dealers are like doctors, did they graduate first in class or last in class, but they are doctors. 

Contacting Corp. at least puts a spotlight on the lame ones.