Forward collision and lane keep assist still a problem on 2022 refresh?

Saved me a trip to dealer!

Pulled fuse 11 (was only a 2 tab ATO fuse) when truck was off and no change when restarted it so I tried while running - that set all kind of fun warnings and things off but when I put it back in fwd collision alert went off and LKA up and running again!

Thanks!!!!

Edited by Troy Linton
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

No new posts since Oct 2022.   😞     Any new info since then ? 

I have a 2022 Sierra SLT that set the FCA not available light at 1800 miles while hundreds of miles from home back in May 2022.   Sister dealership in Florida (Hendrick) scanned and said they thought it was a sensor but could not get to it till the following week.  I was only in Florida for a few days, so that didn't happen.   

I've just lived with this since May 2022 while waiting for my heated steering wheel option to get its parts before making a 90 min 1 way trip to my Hendrick GMC dealer in Richmond.   They also need to put ceramic coat on a tonneau cover they painted the day before I picked the truck up, so I'll probably drive up and spend the night when all those stars align...    

I'm going to try the F11 fuse pull and contact tweak.    We'll see where that takes me.

• Like 1

Pulled the F11 fuse, twisted the 3 legs on the fuse about 5 degrees with a pair of small duck-bills.  Waited about 3 minutes, reinstalled the fuse.   FCA system is back on.   Put a few miles on it and all seems well.    We'll see how this goes that's for sure.    Thanks to Kaylan Steen for the tip and persistence in following this thread.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, gerry said:

Pulled the F11 fuse, twisted the 3 legs on the fuse about 5 degrees with a pair of small duck-bills.  Waited about 3 minutes, reinstalled the fuse.   FCA system is back on.   Put a few miles on it and all seems well.    We'll see how this goes that's for sure.    Thanks to Kaylan Steen for the tip and persistence in following this thread.  

Yes, that’s what I did and haven’t had any issues since.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gerry said:

Thank you! I do want to add that my theory was correct. As soon as the temps dropped to freezing, I had the same issue. I pulled the fuse and tweeked the spades a little more than I had and sprayed them with silicone grease. Worked like a charm and no problems to date. That's what I predicted would happen. Validation is wonderful! Hope you guys had a great holiday! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the continued dialog.   My truck is a 2022 Refresh Sierra.     I ordered it in late 2021 here in Virginia and took delivery in April 2022.  In May 2022 I drove to Florida with my wife for a 2 week vacation.  Halfway to Florida the FCA came on 2x, and each time I cleaned the bugs off the windshield around the rear view mirror mount area.  Each time after I cleaned the FCA came back online... but a 3rd time when it went offline cleaning that area had no effect.    Leaving here in Va in April and driving south the temps were increasing a bit, like 60/70 to 80/90.   

Reading your comments about going warm to cold makes sense.   Mine sort of went the other way, but nonetheless responds to the exact same technique.    I'm an OLD retired Navy electronics tech... this type 'reset' bringing the FCA system back online does not surprise me.   Why it goes offline in the first place is the question.    If it were intermittent power i.e. the fuse loosing physical connection, one would think it would/could reset itself.   A loose connection could also cause a low voltage to the system causing it to go offline and not come back till that situation was remedied. 

I'll take the reset and preemptive twists.  🙂  

Edited by gerry
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gerry said:

Thanks for the continued dialog.   My truck is a 2022 Refresh Sierra.     I ordered it in late 2021 here in Virginia and took delivery in April 2022.  In May 2022 I drove to Florida with my wife for a 2 week vacation.  Halfway to Florida the FCA came on 2x, and each time I cleaned the bugs off the windshield around the rear view mirror mount area.  Each time after I cleaned the FCA came back online... but a 3rd time when it went offline cleaning that area had no effect.    Leaving here in Va in April and driving south the temps were increasing a bit, like 60/70 to 80/90.   

Reading your comments about going warm to cold makes sense.   Mine sort of went the other way, but nonetheless responds to the exact same technique.    I'm an OLD retired Navy electronics tech... this type 'reset' bringing the FCA system back online does not surprise me.   Why it goes offline in the first place is the question.    If it were intermittent power i.e. the fuse loosing physical connection, one would think it would/could reset itself.   A loose connection could also cause a low voltage to the system causing it to go offline and not come back till that situation was remedied. 

I'll take the reset and preemptive twists.  🙂  

It makes me wonder if the reset issue could be connected to the missing chips? I'm missing the ones for the heated seats and steering wheel. We know they're typically tied in to the loop electronically. It's a theory, but im not equipped, nor have the time to figure it out. As far as I'm concerned, it worked and is just a minor inconvenience. It's only happened 3 time total. First time I took it to the dealer, it happened again just one day later. The dealer lied to me about the reason, as verified by Onstar. That's when I decided to do things my way. It worked  and I've only had the one issue. I blamed it on temps, but the commonality here is prolonged vibration during g a trip. This would still point to what I've been saying all along, that its a problem with the fuse block itself. It would be easy addressed when we get the recalls foe the chips. It wouldn't be hard to make a spacer to go into that slot.

• 5 weeks later...

I’m having the same problem on my 2022 HC.

It’s been to the dealer 3 times and I’m on my second front camera. Just picked it up tonight, they said it was fixed and it’s not. I will be calling tomorrow.

Lane Assist, high beam assist & front collision detection only worked for the first week I bought the truck 

1 hour ago, mroark said:

It’s been to the dealer 3 times and I’m on my second front camera. Just picked it up tonight, they said it was fixed and it’s not. I will be calling tomorrow.

Lane Assist, high beam assist & front collision detection only worked for the first week I bought the truck 

Just do what we all did:

with the engine off, remove fuse 11 from the passenger side fuse box, bend the prongs in opposite directions so it’ll apply pressure on the contacts. Put the fuse back in and see if that’ll fix it…

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Manny Man said:

Just do what we all did:

with the engine off, remove fuse 11 from the passenger side fuse box, bend the prongs in opposite directions so it’ll apply pressure on the contacts. Put the fuse back in and see if that’ll fix it…

100% fix and a little over 7000 miles now, no issues. These guys are just handing over the dollars to dealerships and they're laughing all the way to the bank. 😆 

• Haha 1

Just now, Kaylan Steen said:

100% fix and a little over 7000 miles now, no issues. These guys are just handing over the dollars to dealerships and they're laughing all the way to the bank. 😆 

Mine has been fixed for over 10k miles... It's awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mroark said:

Read the thread, it's a simple fix you can do in less than 10 min. It's not hard, and it has nothing to do with your camera! The dealership is taking the warranty money they make and not addressing the real problem. It's the spacial tolerances of the fuse block. They're slightly off, and may be addressed later on. It's not a safety concern, so they're not addressing it right away.

23 HC forward collision system unavailable message and icon on dash truck was 2 weeks old 1k miles, tried the fuse several times nothing changed (removed, removed and twisted, new fuse, flipped around) so took to dealer they say i need new module that is currently backordered.  Have no cruise, supercruise, lane departure warning, foward collision and few other things. 

Thoughts on new "module" needed?  9 days after ordered still back ordered, contacted customer care opened a case hoping to get ball rolling quicker going on a trip soon with not be thrilled with no cruise control for 2k ish mile trip.

1 hour ago, Kevin0311 said:

23 HC forward collision system unavailable message and icon on dash truck was 2 weeks old 1k miles, tried the fuse several times nothing changed (removed, removed and twisted, new fuse, flipped around) so took to dealer they say i need new module that is currently backordered.  Have no cruise, supercruise, lane departure warning, foward collision and few other things. 

Thoughts on new "module" needed?  9 days after ordered still back ordered, contacted customer care opened a case hoping to get ball rolling quicker going on a trip soon with not be thrilled with no cruise control for 2k ish mile trip.

Same exact scenario for us as well. I've only had 2 issues; once at 1200+ miles and another when the temps dropped below freezing. This last time it wouldn't reset, so I applied silicone greese to the fuse and it fixed it. So, you can try that as well. You can also disconnect the battery cables for about ten minutes to clear the ecm. I've also stated that it can also be a issue with the missing chips, which could be causing this intermittent problems. But I still believe this is a problem with the spacial tolerance in this particular fuse.

will try the battery disconnect, my truck only was short the steering column lock all other features were there.  If i probe the fuse in the 3 spots should show 12v on all three if connection was good and module or something else was bad i would think.