Forward collision and lane keep assist still a problem on 2022 refresh?

On 5/14/2022 at 6:15 PM, pepe48134 said:

1200 miles on the truck and today the yellow forward collision light is on and lane keep assist is unavailable.  I know this was a problem on earlier trucks but I thought there was a software update that fixed it. Anyone having this problem on a refreshed 2022 yet?

My refresh is just about to hit 2500 miles and the forward Collision light is on and the Lane keep is dead.

going into the dealer Wednesday. Also found there is a two inch hole in the passenger side wheel well.. It looks like a defect.

5 hours ago, BigBadSierra said:

My refresh is just about to hit 2500 miles and the forward Collision light is on and the Lane keep is dead.

going into the dealer Wednesday. Also found there is a two inch hole in the passenger side wheel well.. It looks like a defect.

Open the fuse block and remove the #11 fuse. It's a 10 amp fuse (red one). Leave it out foe a few minutes and bend the spades slightly to make better contact. The truck should be off. Try that, in most cases, it's been the fuse. I took mine to the dealer and they outright lied about it, which was verified by GM and Onstar. I was a GM employee at the Arlington plant for 30 years, so I don't trust dealers much. Mine did the same thing the day after I got it back, so I pulled it myself and tightened the fit. I've not had an issue since and it's been over 2 weeks now.

Oh boy… here we go again…

3 weeks after the module swap, it happened again. Drove to a job site and left the truck running, came back and I had to start it again because it shuts off after 30 minutes… the light was on 🤔

pulled the fuse and bent the legs and it’s working again, hopefully bending the legs fixed it, @Kaylan Steen, I’m counting on you 😉

A1DB15B0-37B3-4897-8B1B-74FE9900783E.jpeg

75F8C74B-1496-4CAF-8D84-60C0EC5B3AF4.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Manny Man said:

Oh boy… here we go again…

3 weeks after the module swap, it happened again. Drove to a job site and left the truck running, came back and I had to start it again because it shuts off after 30 minutes… the light was on 🤔

pulled the fuse and bent the legs and it’s working again, hopefully bending the legs fixed it, @Kaylan Steen, I’m counting on you 😉

A1DB15B0-37B3-4897-8B1B-74FE9900783E.jpeg

75F8C74B-1496-4CAF-8D84-60C0EC5B3AF4.jpeg

LOL... listen, I've not had an issue for nearly 2 months now. Fingers crossed!

Just now, Kaylan Steen said:

LOL... listen, I've not had an issue for nearly 2 months now. Fingers crossed!

Get out of here!!!! Two months??? Wow! I’m excited to see if it really works. Thanks!

On 7/25/2022 at 11:14 AM, BigBadSierra said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, BigBadSierra.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: BigBadSierra/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list: 2022 Refresh AT4, early March built, delivered first week in May, have about 22xx trouble free miles and got the error yesterday leaving the boat ramp. Found you guy's forum and thread and tried the fuse trick. It cleared it for now. Gotta love the internet! 

Did you bend them, or slightly twist? I did a slight twist so they're making tight connection on both sides. You can also try and put electrical grease on them as well. It's worth the the effort. I still haven't had issues since I've done mine.

Edited by Kaylan Steen

1 minute ago, Kaylan Steen said:

Did you bend them, or slightly twist? I did a slight twist so they're making tight connection on both sides. You can also try and put electrical grease on them as well. It's worth the the effort. I still have had issues since I've done mine.

Slight twist so they will make better contact… really a weird issue!!!

My camera module gets so hot, I can't even touch it for more than a split second... So I ordered an NVME M.2 heatsink, I'll get it soon and see if this might be the issue as I live in the Phoenix area, and it's been 100F+ here every day for the past two months. I can't even imagine how hot the module gets when the truck sits outside for an hour and it's 115 degrees out!

Heatsink link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0827PM9VR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well, if the mold that they used for the fuse block was off by a mm or so, it can happen. Especially, in colder climates, which make metal contract and some plastics. So, it makes sense to me. I won't be shocked to see a recall for a fix for it.

I live in Las Vegas, so I hear you about the heat. A few times this summer the temps said 120. That wasn't the actual temp, but that's the reading. The temps drop to the 70s at night, so that type of bounce isn't a positive if the tolerance in gaps aren't spot on. Let me know how the heat sink works. I've not had a single issue since I tweaked the fuse. Yes, I'm bragging. 😆

• Haha 1