Forward collision and lane keep assist still a problem on 2022 refresh?

On 6/9/2022 at 11:01 AM, Jason Holder said:

For everyone who are saying the dealer told them it was the camera? was your camera not working? all my cameras are working, but collision avoidance is not. 

Jason, it is not the front camera in the grill but the camera behind the rearview mirror that handles the collision avoidance. You will not see a video representation on the entertainment system while using

the camera system. This camera often needs realignment or a software update and often takes time to work correctly since it has to learn.

The dealer installed a new camera yesterday. Service advisor said it took hours for them to get it properly calibrated. 

The camera they replace is the one behind the rear-view mirror which I don't think you can see the image from when it is working, either way it works now, and I pray it stays that way.

On 6/9/2022 at 5:34 AM, 6.2ZR2 said:

Pepe48134.

Did they ever fix your truck?

I have 2022 Silverado ZR2, at 600 miles the frontal collision avoidence started having problems. Took 3 trips to the dealer for them to figure out it is the front camera but it is on backorder with no eta. 

No ETA yet. Seems like would be a priority.  The truck was sold with a safety feature that is known to be defective, worse than if it was never there in the first place.

Same Back-order with NO ETA. I sure GM would get a "COVID" pass like in any court.

I have all the same issues, but as I got on the highway, I noticed the cruise control isn't functioning either. It was the lane assist first, and then the front collision light second, and now the cruise control. I do have a scheduled visit tomorrow.  I only have 1200 miles on the truck.

Hey! new to the forum... Just wanted to share my .02...

Pulling fuse #11 on the passenger fuse panel for a minute will solve the problem. It resets the module. This is, in most cases, not a hardware issue(you don't need a new camera module). this is a software issue.

Also, unplugging the camera connector for a few seconds will fix it too. 

It happened to me 2-3 times in the 3 months I've had the truck and I just fix it myself for now(until they have a software update), takes 10 seconds and I don't have to see the dealer. I don't mind it.

Edited by Manny Man

17 hours ago, 6.2ZR2 said:

FYI. I did pull the fuse many times till it didn't work anymore.

On the forth trip to the dealer they did

replace the camera and it has worked ever since. 

If it happens often, it could be the module itself, yes...

Same problem lanes assist and front collision unavailable on my 2022 Silverado RST refresh with 1,650 miles

I actually have taken it to the dealer a few time and they can't seem to be able to figure our the problem. they have replaced the camera behind the rearview mirror but cant get it to calibrate. this is the 4th time i have taken it to the dealer and its been there since last Tuesday. I just spoke with the dealer technician and said they have been driving the truck to try and recalibrate but it keeps reseting. Apparently they are supposed to drive it for about 40-50 miles in a road that has clear lanes so that the camera can calibrate but they just haven't had any luck. They been talking to GM engineers to resolve the problem but no luck. The next step is for the to reset all the sensor programs of the truck to try to get it back to works. This really sucks, especially because most dealers dont have loaner cars for you to use in the meantime. Really hoping they can get it done in the next day or so. 

Edited by apena

I just got my truck back yesterday. Dealer tried to sell me a bill of goods, saying OnStar was at fault for pushing an update. I called them and they verified that there wasn't a software push and if there were, it wouldn't have that effect. GM also said that wouldn't have caused it either. They claimed they just pulled the fuse and after a few minutes, put it back in to reset. Everything's working for the time being. Until a software fix is found, it may be an issue.

I believe I have this issue, or similar, on my 2022 RST (refresh) with 8XX miles on it. As soon as I start the truck, it says "Lane Change Alert System Off" or something along those lines. I wonder if mine does is because my truck doesn't have the rear park assist sensors working yet because of the chip shortage? The blind zone alerts in the mirrors also do not work. The lane keep assist, cruise, and everything else seems to work as expected though🤷‍♂️

I'll try pulling the fuse to see what happens.

7 minutes ago, pigpen23 said:

I would pull it and leave it out for 10 or more minutes. It's not the proper way to reset it, but it should do the trick. I've thought that myself, in regards to the missing chips. Not everything is jiving with the ECM, so it's causing a conflict. What was interesting in my case, the lane assist went out first. The next day the front collision light was on, and the third day the cruise control wouldn't work and the console button wasn't lit for the lane assist any longer.

Well add me to list. I had the issue with around a 1000 miles. I lost lane keep, adaptive cruise control and the forward collision alert light is on. The dealer then went ahead and replaced the camera after a month or more backorder and that worked. Well I am now at around 4000 miles and the issue came back. I just had it replaced Friday 6/24.  Same 3 features are not working. I will be calling the dealer again. This is a huge pain in the ass and unacceptable really. I have heard rumors that  GM has used reconditioned modules and chips due to shortages....

2 hours ago, racrawfo1013 said:

Well add me to list. I had the issue with around a 1000 miles. I lost lane keep, adaptive cruise control and the forward collision alert light is on. The dealer then went ahead and replaced the camera after a month or more backorder and that worked. Well I am now at around 4000 miles and the issue came back. I just had it replaced Friday 6/24.  Same 3 features are not working. I will be calling the dealer again. This is a huge pain in the ass and unacceptable really. I have heard rumors that  GM has used reconditioned modules and chips due to shortages....

Yeah, I totally understand. Pull the fuse and let it sit for 10 minutes before putting it back in. They did a complete reset on mine, so I had to sign back into Google. This way you know it resets. There's not a lot we can do until they have enough chips to do the massive recall. 

Took my truck to the dealer today to have the module ordered. They tried to relearn the module and it didn't go through so now it doesn't work at all. Now I have to wait until they'll get the new camera and calibrate it, pulling the fuse is useless now SMH!!!! At least before they touched it I was able to reset it and get it working for a couple of weeks, now it's completely dead 🤦‍♂️

How long did you guys wait for the camera module?

Edited by Manny Man